The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bishop's return?

3 posters

Go down

The Bishop's return? Empty The Bishop's return?

Post by ospreylian Thu 24 Feb 2011, 11:35 am

The word is that Andrew Bishop is fit to play against Connacht, he should at least get 20 minutes. More good news is that Adam is not too far off his long awaited return.

In an interview with the assembled media yesterday Scott Johnson expressed his exasperation with the obsession in Wales with the number 10.
He stated clearly that he still sees Hook as a 12, and my theory is that Hook himself was made to look better than he was by Henson being outside him when he played 12, after the demise of Henson James game deteriorated.

He also talked, when asked, about Matthew Morgan, clearly aware that some have called for him to be fast tracked while others have questioned his overall ability and his tackling, Johnson said Matthew knows he has things to learn, but also that because he's so young physically he still has to develop.

Even with half the squad away, I'm confidant that this will be a good game with some exciting rugby while the outcome is of some importance too.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

The Bishop's return? Empty Re: The Bishop's return?

Post by Draigoch Fri 04 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

Hey ospreylian, looks like you could do with some company in here? Very Happy
I've migrated over, hopefully we'll see the rest of 606 rugby come over here too!

What do you think about Bishop starting over Parker? Pretty surprised to see him not going straight back in...

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Fri 04 Mar 2011, 6:13 pm

At last!!!
The only company i've had on here has been Goranth of theBlues and Scarletspiderman, great to see another join, welcome aboard and let all the rest know, no wums and straight forward rugby talk.

Parker has not let the team down and is still good value for money, but I too am surprised to see him in over bish, thinking that maybe the O's dont want him joining up with Wales and keep him for themselves.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 9:59 pm

Hey, ive just joined.

Im suprised Bishop has been benched, id have thought he would have started, especially if he is being considered for the WC. He's better than Parker surely?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:06 pm

Parker probably does as good a job as Bishop and maybe we should get best value out of him before he leaves!

With a Wales hat on it would be good to have him back as cover for centre - then we can avoid moving Hook around so much though. With Shanklin not coming back and Henson...well... he might be key for the World Cup as well!

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Sat 05 Mar 2011, 2:41 pm

Wales 606.....welcome, good to see you on here. remember it is still a little quiet, but as more join the chat will improve.

I've always had a lot of time for Sonny, true he does have an annoying habit of sometimes dropping the ball, made all thew worse for it almost always being crucial, you have to give him credit for being there in the first place. One of last weeks tries would not have been scored without him being in the right place.
bishop will be back, and in time for the wolrd cup. Very Happy

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Mar 2011, 3:03 pm

Glad to see Bishop back, he's been out for a fair while. Hope he gets back into good form soon to provide Wales with more options at centre!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down