The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury looking to shape up.

+2
Strongback
BALTIMORA
6 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury looking to shape up. Empty Tyson Fury looking to shape up.

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep - 13:10

I've not much to add to this, which is a re-post of an article at Boxing Scene

(http://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-i-looked-like-fat-pig-on-television--43648):

Tyson Fury: I Looked Like a Fat Pig on Television

By Mel "Sabaka" Ohlhoft

Undefeated British/Commonwealth heavyweight championTysonFury (15-0,10KOs) ischanging hislifestyle and gettinghimself into shape. Fury takes on journeymanNicolaiFirthaatBelfast's KingsHallon September 17th.After recently watchinghimself on television, the 22-year-old was upset with his physical condition. He felt it was time for a change.

"I looked at myself on TV and didn't like what I saw. I looked like a fat pig. Against John McDermott , I was more than 19st— not the sort of condition a top-level athlete should be in. It was never thetraining with me. I'd put everything and more into gym work and sparring. It's been the food — plenty of junk," Fury said to The Sun.

"In the past, If I went to the movies I'd have to have a box of popcorn, a bag of sweets, ice-creams and a big bottle of pop. Now I'll take a fruit salad and a big bottle of water. The main thing I've been cutting out is fizzy drinks. I'm just drinking up to five litres of water a day, eating lots of fruit and veg and it has made a hell of a difference."

Good news for the heavyweight scene surely, and I just KNOW that Pauline will be ecstatic too.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury looking to shape up. Empty Re: Tyson Fury looking to shape up.

Post by Strongback Sun 11 Sep - 13:43

Did he make this comment after the McDermot fight or was it more recent?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep - 13:55

He was still at least a stone overweight fort the Chsora fight so he's not working hard enough.

I'm getting fed up with these fat heavyweights. I heard Chris Arreola getting credit for coming in at just under 17 stone for his last fight!! Do me a favour these guys are supposed to be athletes and will achieve nothing of any real note until they sort it out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep - 14:31

Not sure when the interview was, but it's new on boxingscene.com today. Fair play to him if he's admitting even he thought he looked like a fat pig.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 11 Sep - 18:05

Has he only watched himself against John mcdermott and realised this?
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep - 18:10

The guy is 6'9" so he could carry 17 and a half stone very well. Theirs no excuse for it just plain fat and lazy.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep - 19:14

Be fair Kev! He can't just suddenly come from what he was to become a glittering prime athelete, it may take him a year to get his entire body sorted out, he's only going to get better if he keeps doing what he's doing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep - 19:33

I am being fair he's supposed to be an athlete he shouldn't have ended up in that condition in the first place. Like I said fat and lazy!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep - 19:46

He's fat and lazy, but all I'm thinking is that if he himself has come to realise and publicly admit as much, that can only be a good thing, right? I can't imagine many others admitting something like it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep - 20:04

He couldn't really deny it though. Until he gets in proper shape I will always have major doubts about him. A bit of junk food won't make you 2 stone over weight unless you are slacking off in training he doesn't seem to think he has done that which is a worry.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep - 20:08

It's the fact that he's not simply avoiding the issue, but he's come out and clearly stated what the public has been thinking. While you're right that the odd bit of junk food doesn't make him that out-of-shape, it does sound like he's been taking silly liberties. I don't eat anywhere as badly as he seems to have been, and I'm far from ripped. I just hope he really does knuckle down and get in real shape.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep - 20:10

So do I apart from the whole I'm going to kill you to Chisora he actually comes across quite well in interviews. I watched him on the Wright stuff and they were talking about boxing being banned and Tyson stood up for the sport and never embarrassed himself. Although he was debating it with Terry Christian!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 11 Sep - 20:23

ive come round to fury, he seems to be willing to take on anyone, not scared of getting beat, decent power, good physical attributes, young and recently focused. he seems a nice lad, on a job deal with channel 5, he obviously focused and improved notibly for chisora and if he can keep improving at the same rate he could be decent in year or so. he lacks pure talent but is willing to prove he is the best of the british bunch, and i will be supporting him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep - 20:25

I was quite impressed with him in the interview after the Chisora fight. As for whether or not boxing should be banned...last night didn't help our side of that argument much.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 11 Sep - 20:37

i think him price and perez are both excellent uk fights, so as long as he keeps winning and improving he can look forwards to a good career. firtha's a decent test for a last minute replacement.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep - 21:22

Fury's ok, but never a world champion just doesn't have it...
Perez, unsure he has power would need to see him a little better he has decent fundamentals but unsure how far he can go right now.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down