The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamilton On a New Level

+5
monty junior
dyrewolfe
Belgarion of Riva
Critical_mass
Alessandro Ciambella
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hamilton On a New Level - Page 2 Empty Hamilton On a New Level

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bonjourno!

Today it seemed like Hamilton showed he can grow up after an excellent duel with M. Schumacher. He decided today that he was going to race with respect that other drivers that he shares the track with deserve. He played by the rule book and its a shame that he only took the position after a Schumacher mistake, but none the less he did it safely and I respect him for it.

He probably noticed it was possible to over take the 7 time world champion after Jenson Button MBE showed him how to do it with such relative ease.

Credit where its due. A good safe race from Hamilton today. If he can keep this consistancy then he may just string a good run together for the end of the season and become as consistant as German legend Quick Nick Heidfield.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Hamilton On a New Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton On a New Level

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Critical_mass wrote:I might add - another COMPLETE FCK UP by Mclaren in not getting Lewis out for one more run in Q3.

Things could have been v different today.

I believe they decided it would be more beneficial for Hamilton to keep his remaining super-softs for the race - not surprising, given how he goes through tyres. You're not allowed an extra set if you get a puncture.

Also, do you seriously believe Hamilton would've got pole, the way Vettel's driving at the moment?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Bonjourno!

Today it seemed like Hamilton showed he can grow up after an excellent duel with M. Schumacher. He decided today that he was going to race with respect that other drivers that he shares the track with deserve. He played by the rule book and its a shame that he only took the position after a Schumacher mistake, but none the less he did it safely and I respect him for it.

He probably noticed it was possible to over take the 7 time world champion after Jenson Button MBE showed him how to do it with such relative ease.

That could also have had something to do with the fact Singapore doesn't have dirty great straights like Monza, to allow the Mercedes to get up to full pelt.

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:
Credit where its due. A good safe race from Hamilton today. If he can keep this consistancy then he may just string a good run together for the end of the season and become as consistant as German legend Quick Nick Heidfield.

Forza Alonso!

Agree with the first two sentences, but you know as well as the rest of us that Hamilton can be every bit as good as Senor Diaz...if not better. Wink

Forza Lewis & Jenson!

Forza McLaren!

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Another STUPID decision. It was clearly a racing incident. This whole bravado is beyond a joke now.

Why? he ruined another drivers race through no fault of their own. Mainly down to a clumsy thump in the back, i really dont see what the hulabaloo is about, you mess up another driver's race through an error then you should get a penalty.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by omar22 Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:51 am

monty junior wrote:
Critical_mass wrote:Another STUPID decision. It was clearly a racing incident. This whole bravado is beyond a joke now.

Why? he ruined another drivers race through no fault of their own. Mainly down to a clumsy thump in the back, i really dont see what the hulabaloo is about, you mess up another driver's race through an error then you should get a penalty.

Tell me what Punishment did Webber got when he flew over Kovy in Valencia last year?

What Punishment did Vettel get when he wiped out his team mate in Turkey last year?

What punishment did Button get when he squeezed Lewis unto the wall in Canada this year?

What punishment did Sutil get for wiping out 3 cars in Monaco this year?

omar22

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 am

dyrewolfe wrote:
Critical_mass wrote:I might add - another COMPLETE FCK UP by Mclaren in not getting Lewis out for one more run in Q3.

Things could have been v different today.

I believe they decided it would be more beneficial for Hamilton to keep his remaining super-softs for the race - not surprising, given how he goes through tyres. You're not allowed an extra set if you get a puncture.

Also, do you seriously believe Hamilton would've got pole, the way Vettel's driving at the moment?

possibly, but was thinking more of him getting 2nd.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:30 pm

It was pretty obvious Lewis would of qualified ahead of Button had the fuel issue not come about. It was another Mclaren f*ck and we've all pretty much accepted the fact that at every race weekend, a situation where Hamilton is impeded by his teams unprofessionalism occurs. Why do you think Sam Michael has been hired to lead the pit wall stategy next season, it is quite simply an admission of guilt from the team that they are not good enough to show off Hamilton's ability. I'm a huge Hamilton fan, however how many points has Hamilton lost since the start of the season. Considering his ability and speed which is considerably greater than his teammates, it continually frustrates me that his frustration makes him make silly mistakes costing a big haul of points each race. Hamilton is on another level to Button and all this team leader debate is embarrasing as everyone knows who the leader is and will be in the future. This is not a fight between two british drivers, this is about hamilton failing to understand how F1 works currently under the rules and regulations which ultimately suit Button and because he is clouded with the imagination of winning a second title.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:43 pm

omar22 wrote:
monty junior wrote:

Tell me what Punishment did Webber got when he flew over Kovy in Valencia last year?

What Punishment did Vettel get when he wiped out his team mate in Turkey last year?

What punishment did Button get when he squeezed Lewis unto the wall in Canada this year?

What punishment did Sutil get for wiping out 3 cars in Monaco this year?

Bringing up examples from previous years of guys not being penalised is stupid, i could think of plenty of incidents which have been left that clearly merited some sort of action. It also depends on how often a driver is in trouble, like it or loathe it the more somebody breaks the rules the easier it is to reprimand them. If Hamilton strung a few clean weekends together we would have none of this "victimization", which i think is garbage anyway. A driver who is crashing every second weekend and generally being a danger to others should be given a penalty each time until he refines how he drives. Simples, it might stop every fan trying to blame Mclaren every single weekend rather than the man doing the driving.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Bonjourno!

Villeneuve v Schumacher: Jerez 97. After some awful driving Schumacher attempts to wipe out Villeneuve to win the WDC. But fails. Result was all of Schumachers points were wiped out.

After dangerous wreckless driving this year, I believe Hamilton has got off lightly with the stewards so far and in my professional opinion as a motorsport council member of Monza, I call on the FIA to strip Hamilton of all his points. If Schumacher was wreckless in 1997, then Hamilton is also guilty for constantly putting lives in danger every other weekend.

Jean Todt, I encourage you to act before somebody is hurt.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 pm

monty junior wrote:

Why didn't Button get a penalty for ruining Hamilton's race in Canada?
Why didn't Kobayashi get a penalty for taking Hamilton out in Spa?
Why didn't Schumacher get a penalty for ruining Hamilton's race in Monza?

Wow, I sound like a Hamilton fan.

All I want is consistency mate, we aren't getting it. I agree with your post and wish the rules were applied to everyone, because at the moment, they are not.

It would also help Hamilton if he just did DRS overtakes and not try anything else as that's the way F1 is now. Pressing magic buttons and tyre conservation. Try nothing else or you get a penalty and abuse.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Bonjourno!

Villeneuve v Schumacher: Jerez 97. After some awful driving Schumacher attempts to wipe out Villeneuve to win the WDC. But fails. Result was all of Schumachers points were wiped out.

After dangerous wreckless driving this year, I believe Hamilton has got off lightly with the stewards so far and in my professional opinion as a motorsport council member of Monza, I call on the FIA to strip Hamilton of all his points. If Schumacher was wreckless in 1997, then Hamilton is also guilty for constantly putting lives in danger every other weekend.

Jean Todt, I encourage you to act before somebody is hurt.

Forza Alonso!

As opposed to Alonso who's team mate was asked to crash in order for him to win a race. Jean Todt I encourage you to act before people get hurt.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:41 pm

The difference between LH and MS is that MS in those wreckless days was causing collisions on purpose.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:44 pm

john wrote:It was pretty obvious Lewis would of qualified ahead of Button had the fuel issue not come about. It was another Mclaren f*ck and we've all pretty much accepted the fact that at every race weekend, a situation where Hamilton is impeded by his teams unprofessionalism occurs.

What fuel issue? Lewis got a puncture after his first run in Q3 and the team decided it was better to preserve his remaining sets of tyres for the race.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:
monty junior wrote:

Why didn't Button get a penalty for ruining Hamilton's race in Canada?
Why didn't Kobayashi get a penalty for taking Hamilton out in Spa?
Why didn't Schumacher get a penalty for ruining Hamilton's race in Monza?

Wow, I sound like a Hamilton fan.

All I want is consistency mate, we aren't getting it. I agree with your post and wish the rules were applied to everyone, because at the moment, they are not.

It would also help Hamilton if he just did DRS overtakes and not try anything else as that's the way F1 is now. Pressing magic buttons and tyre conservation. Try nothing else or you get a penalty and abuse.

Thats something thats been bugging me for a while now. I'm inclined to agree that there is something of a witch hunt going on, as far as Hamilton and penalties are concerned. I can't believe the BBC commentary team hasn't made more of it...maybe they're not allowed to.

Its just uncanny how Hamilton gets penalised for EVERY misdemeanour, no matter how minor (even got a reprimand for having the temerity to allow Maldonado to hit him during qualifying! Shocked mad ) while other drivers who commit similar offences often aren't even investigated by the stewards.

As I've said before I don't normally go in for conspiracy theories, but there is definitely something fishy going on here.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:18 pm

if you watch back very closely at Q3 mclaren have a fuel issue after Lewis' first run. Hamilton is seen putting his gloves on readying himself for his second run in q3 using another set of tyres. It it the fuel issue which single handely makes or forces mclaren to decide to ultimately save the tyres for the race. Hamilton stated, "They were trying to fill the car up for a second run but there was no fuel going in, so the time was running out and we just couldn't get going,'' . Their original objective was for a second run but their hands were ultimately tied thanks to the fuel issue. also my statement 'It was another Mclaren f*ck and we've all pretty much accepted the fact that at every race weekend, a situation where Hamilton is impeded by his teams unprofessionalism occurs' is fact. why do you think sam michael has been hired?

everyone is allowed to sprout off as it is a forum for debate. unfortunately some people don't understand the goings on within f1

Last edited by John on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Listen if you can't debate sensibly without the insults you won't be debating at all

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:33 pm

it just annoys me how i get told off for stating factual information relevant to the topic, whereas he instigated the argument through an aggressive lack of knowledge and plain brain failure. These are the very people we have discussed shouldnt be debating on here. you dont need to worry about me

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 pm

its why im telling you both to behave cos its getting ridiculous now

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down