The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues backs win game

5 posters

Go down

Blues backs win game Empty Blues backs win game

Post by wales606 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

The Blues managed a BP win at home to Treviso despite one of the worst forward efforts I have ever seen.

The Blues turnover rate was incredible for such an experience forward pack, they seemed to get turned over at every ruck. The backs did just enough off the little secure ball they got.

The only Blues forward to have an ok game was Martyn Williams, but even he was awful in the rucks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/14810450.stm
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Blues backs win game Empty Re: Blues backs win game

Post by wales606 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:49 pm

Ive got to say though, the ref did seem clueless about the breakdown (and most of the game tbh)

I dont think Scotland has a single good referee.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

Molitika seems to have stolen Faletau's afro as well Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

I thought the referee was good in the first half, but he was useless in the second. He was terrible in the Scarlets V Aironi game as well. He lets teams get away with murder in the rucks and the amount of times Iv'e seen players who are lying on the floor and being allowed to use their hands to secure it with impunity is baffling.
The crowd was starting to get irritated by the penalty count in the second half, with the referee simply refusing to speak to the Italians, never mind card one, several of their fouls were blatant. Finally he did card someone but only in the last few minutes.
I enjoyed the game, though £3.60 a pint was awful, and makes them the most expensive region in Wales.
Sadly there was no where to go before the turnstiles opened.
With the Scarlets I can go to the barn, with the Ospreys we have harvester and the car park, The Dragons have various places, but with the Blues it seems everyone turns up 5 minutes before kick off and there is little pre-game atmosphere.
Nice stadium though and nice crowd, I was plesantly suprised Smile.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:25 pm

Alyn - if you don't mind a less than five minute walk, there's the busy Cowbridge Road area which is full of pubs. The locals tend to go there first and walk to the stadium for kick off. Two pubs there are Wetherspoons so cheap Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:34 pm

Cari wrote:Alyn - if you don't mind a less than five minute walk, there's the busy Cowbridge Road area which is full of pubs. The locals tend to go there first and walk to the stadium for kick off. Two pubs there are Wetherspoons so cheap Smile

Thanks Cari, I will check it out next time Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by cardiffstu Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:09 pm

Treviso kept in the game by some poor indiscipline and a ten that could kick.

Forwards did get pushed off the ball to easily at times, especially with experienced guys like Maama on from the start and later Xav. That said, some good breaks involved the forwards so can't agree that the backs won the game. Second half the referee allowed Treviso to lie all over the rucks, tackled players and so on and despite several penalties and warnings took until 76 minutes to give the second yellow.

The crowd was poor, official attendance of 4800 but looked half of that. Appreciate it was a long day of rugby and not one of the bigger sides but pretty poor effort all round.

If you are looking for a beer near the ground (agree, £3.60 a pint is disgraceful) try the Ninian. Traditionally a Wendyball pub but new landlord has made a real effort to welcome rugby supporters and if you're a member of the Cardiff Blues Supporters' Club you get 15% off, all within 2 minutes of the ground.

cardiffstu

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:41 am

there's also the sand martin pub which is right by the stadium if you don't want to walk far from the ground.

The prices are ridiculous for drinks, but we can't do nothing about them Sad

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down