The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you heard the one about ...

2 posters

Go down

Have you heard the one about ... Empty Have you heard the one about ...

Post by Shifty Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:33 pm

Have you heard the one about ...
A man has a ticket for the Rugby World Cup final but is seated in the upper, nosebleed seats.
As the match begins, he notices an empty seat down near the pitch on the midfield line. Taking a chance, he makes his way down and asks the man next to it if anyone is sitting there.
"No," says the seated man, "that seat is empty."
"This is incredible," says the other man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Rugby World Cup final, the biggest sporting event in the world, and not use it?"
The seated man says: "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Rugby World Cup final we haven't been to together since we got married in 1987."
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else - a friend or relative, or even a neighbour to take the seat?"
The man shakes his head. "No. They're all at the funeral."
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Have you heard the one about ... Empty Re: Have you heard the one about ...

Post by iso Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

It's a good one, but an old one, I think it was originally translated from early Akkadian cuneiform.

iso

Back to top Go down