The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samurai Competition - Win A Signed Kent County Cricket Club Shirt

+7
HumanWindmill
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
Swafters
NedB-H
Liam_Main
Fists of Fury
11 posters

Go down

Samurai Competition - Win A Signed Kent County Cricket Club Shirt Empty Samurai Competition - Win A Signed Kent County Cricket Club Shirt

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

Ladies and Gents

Owing to 606v2's link-up with Samurai Sports, designer and manufacturer of sports wear for multiple sports, we are pleased to announce that they have offered 606v2 members the chance to win two 2011 Kent County Cricket Club shirts, complete with signatures from members of the playing staff, as part of the launch of their all new sports kit designer which can be found here Samurai Sports Kit Designer .

Spoiler:

We have decided to run two separate competitions simultaneously for the two shirts on offer, giving our members two bites of the cherry. The first of these will be a simple question in relation to Kent County Cricket Club, where the names of those answering correctly will be put into a hat in order for one winner to be drawn out, whereas the second competition will give our members chance to use their creative and/or imaginative side, with the best/most humorous entry being chosen.

As always, only 606v2 members are eligible to enter these competitions, and non-members can register with 606v2 here Register Here

Both competitions are detailed below, and please remember that only one answer per person is permitted for each of the competitions. No editing of posts will be accepted once you have submitted your answers.

Good luck, and many thanks to Samurai Sports for giving our members this opportunity.

Competition #1

In 1872 a Kent County Cricket Club player was the first County batsman to be given out by handling the ball. What was his name?

Competition #2

Complete the following sentence, stating who, and why.

"If I was a cricketer I would be... "

You have until 10am on Wednesday 21st September 2011 to submit your answers. Please submit your answer to Competition #1 via PM to myself, and submit your answer to Competition #2 in this thread.

And why not take a look at the Samurai Sports Website whether you're looking for a specific piece of sports wear, or looking to design a new kit for your club.

DISCLAIMER: Only one answer for each of the competition questions will be accepted from each member. Any more than this, or any edited posts, will deem that entrants submission null and void. The winner of Competition #1 will be selected at random, with the winner of Competition #2 being selected by the 606v2 Admin team. The decision of the Admin team is final, and will not be discussed.

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Samurai Competition - Win A Signed Kent County Cricket Club Shirt Empty Re: Samurai Competition - Win A Signed Kent County Cricket Club Shirt

Post by Liam_Main Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

If I was a cricketer I would be W.G Grace a loyal a Englishman by heart but a feisty Cricketer when on the field. Revolutionised Cricket and especially batting. Without W.G cricket wouldn't be the same. 44 first-class seasons showed his love for the game and his country, representing them in 5 sports. An all-round gentleman and also who can't love his beard?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Samurai Competition - Win A Signed Kent County Cricket Club Shirt Empty Re: Samurai Competition - Win A Signed Kent County Cricket Club Shirt

Post by NedB-H Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

If I was a cricketer I would be CB Fry - because having gone all this time being a dreadful cricketer, I wouldn't be satisfied with just becoming a good one. I'd want to become a great cricketer, and a successful athlete, and footballer, and rugby player, too...

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Swafters Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

If I was a cricketer, I would be Alex Louden of Kent and Warwickshire. A cricketer who never quite fulfilled his early promise and just one ODI appearance against Sri Lanka, when run out without facing a ball. However, since retirement and a job in the City, he is currently dating Pippa Middleton, which is an achievement that 100 test caps and glittering cricketing awards, wouldn't even come close to! The envy of every man, let alone cricket fan....

Swafters

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:11 am

If I was a cricketer I would be Mike Gatting. Ever so slightly overweight (it takes a lot for me to admit to that by the way!) and the occasional flare-up with those in authority when I should know better.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Union Cane on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:31 am

I know I can't enter but this would be mine:

If I was a cricketer I'd be Rahul Dravid...I drop my bat on a regular basis.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

If I was cricketer I would be Ian Austin. I could eat and drink what, and when I liked, but still maintain a physique envied by many.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : got it at last, i think)
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

Fists - is the samurai guy on here? I'm actually looking for a company to produce club kit. Not sure if he does what we want though.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

No they don't have anyone signed up as far as I'm aware. PM me with what you're after and I will get in contact with them, if you like.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

If I were a cricketer I would be Miyamoto Musashi.

Because he wears the best shirt.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

I like what you did there, Windy, very clever, albeit extremely cheesy Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I like what you did there, Windy, very clever, albeit extremely cheesy Wink

Cheesy ?

I'm sure I don't know what you mean, mate. Whistle

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

If I do happen to win the shirt, I would like it to be auctioned with proceeds going to the JHF.

thumbsup
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:23 pm

Union Cane wrote:If I do happen to win the shirt, I would like it to be auctioned with proceeds going to the JHF.

thumbsup

we have our winner! Wink

Nice gesture Union - still a load more entries I am sure though.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Union Cane wrote:If I do happen to win the shirt, I would like it to be auctioned with proceeds going to the JHF.

thumbsup

What's the JHF? I wanted to win it so I could auction it for homeless black children with AIDS in South Africa (also known as our cricket club's roller fund).
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

John Hartson Foundation - good to know you read all of our sponsorship articles Sean Wink

To be honest, doesn't matter what your intention is if you do win one of the shirts. This is more of a means of getting the Samurai name out there, whilst having the potential to benefit a couple of our members for whatever reason.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:50 pm

Ok. Mine was funnier than Union's though.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:26 pm

If I was a cricketer I would be a number 11 batsman,a third man fielder,and a non-bowler but I would be there each week for the team as I love Cricket.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

If I were a cricketer I'd be Shahid Afridi. If it's in the slot, smash it. If it isn't, smash it anyway.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:04 am

Fists, I edited my post. Does that mean it is void?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

Knackers, so did I.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

If you had changed your submission then yes, but given that the written part is the same it can stand.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:24 am

Fists of Fury wrote:If you had changed your submission then yes, but given that the written part is the same it can stand.

And we can't submit more entries. Was up all last night thinking of funny ones....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

21st september!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought it was wednesday 21 tonight and i had it in the bag.........

man sausage.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

If I was a cricketer I would be Shane Warne because....Liz Hurley!!!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:07 pm

Keep them coming guys, competition closes on Wednesday.

Likewise, if you have entered on this thread, but haven't PM'd me the answer to Competition #1 then you can do so...remember you have two chances to win one of these shirts.

Cheers

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Guys

I just carried out the draw for Competition #1 and can announce that Swafters is the winner. Congratulations.

Competition #2 is being voted upon by the admins shortly.

Thanks

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:10 pm

After a vote by the moderators and admins it has been decided that the winner of Competition #2 is taffineastbourne. Congratulations.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:16 pm

Congratulations Taff, a worthy winner.

raspberry
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

Your post was a cracker and was considered, Union, however something about taff's was just very likeable.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:23 pm

Many,many thanks.Chuffed to bits!(I was that number 11,third man,non-bowler for many years!)Payback time.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

Congratulations to you both, Taffin I must say I thought you post was the best.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

Cheers,Liam and Union.Appreciated!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

Out of curiosity how many got the question right Fists?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 22 Sep 2011, 11:52 am

Disgrace.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

About 12, Liam.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:About 12, Liam.

So i had a 1 in 6 chance and a 1 in 12 chance and came out empty handed......

I thinks the eagerly anticipated 2nd edition of Michaels's Magic Moments may be aired on a different forum.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

Gracious as ever, Seany!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:About 12, Liam.

Bloody hell that was a hard question, didn't expect that many.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

Google is a wondrous thing Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

Good question, though, I thought, it was an interesting fact.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

Yeah it was, very good question.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 22 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Gracious as ever, Seany!

Eugenia Williams is a better judge than you lot.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down