The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad gives Vitali a bad name.

+15
eddyfightfan
Imperial Ghosty
Mind the windows Tino.
joeyjojo618
Rowley
The Galveston Giant
Boxtthis
Waingro
Steffan
licence_007
Raymond
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
D4thincarnation
19 posters

Go down

Wlad gives Vitali a bad name. Empty Wlad gives Vitali a bad name.

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

How many time have you heard the Klitschkos are boring to watch, robotic, safety first fighters.

I've seen these label given to them more than a few times, but is this fair?

You might say yes, I've seen Klitschko fight and have been bored to tears, but ask yourself which Klitschko was it.

Wlad is a safety first fighter, keep his right up 99.99% of the time protect his fragile chin, mostly uses the jab and only opens up when is opponent is exhausted and is no longer a threat.

He also holds on the inside and is unwilling to trade or be creative. Wlad has been is some very boring fights.

Vitali on the other hand, is much more aggressive attacking, drops his hands, although a great jabber, he throws a variety of punches, will trade, is more fluid opens up early and not just looks to wear his opponent down and was involved in the last great heavyweight fight and has been in some very exciting fights.

Isn't it about time we stop saying the Klitschkos are boring, when infact it is just Wlad.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Wlad gives Vitali a bad name. Empty Re: Wlad gives Vitali a bad name.

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:10 pm

Na, Vitali is boring too.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

Not sure he throws a variety of punches. He jabs and throws a straight right, just more often that Wlad and with more intent.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

Scottrf wrote:Na, Vitali is boring too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BH6LvUS__M

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

Because Lewis came at him.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:Because Lewis came at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3L-Jx_GX4

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

I don't find either boring I love their consistency and they are both very skilled boxers.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:46 pm

prettyboykev wrote:I don't find either boring I love their consistency and they are both very skilled boxers.

I agree. I like the safety first approach not getting hit just as important if not more than punching an opponent.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

Have to agree. Although I don't find either particularly boring.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:07 pm

I find them both boring but thats no bad reflection on them as heavyweights nowadays are all boring. If it makes you money then it aint for me to criticise. Wlad was boring as normal against Haye yet did a great job of beating him up so cant fault it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:09 pm

To be honest I think they are just too good so the fights are too one sided mismatches are rarely going to be all that good.

If they were against better fighters then the fights would be more interesting look at Lewis against Klitschko that was a great fight I reckon if they were around earlier and could have fought Holyfield or Tyson they would be good fights too.

Pacquaio and Mayweather against Mosely was boring lol why coz the fight was not close except for one round when Mosely hit Maywether a good shot other than the fight was one sided and dont even get me started on Pacquaio v Clottey!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:12 pm

Waingro wrote:dont even get me started on Pacquaio v Clottey!

Iv seen Manny do workouts with a punchbag where the punchbag has hit back more times than Clottey did

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:23 am

I agree with the original post. Vitali is on a completely different level to Wlad in terms of excitement and fighting spirit. I also think it's nonsense to suggest that Vitali doesn't have a variety of punches, He has much more than Jab Jab occasional right hand. He has lots of short hooks-cum-uppercuts and can fight on the inside much more effectively than his brother. Watch the Arreola fight - Emmanuel Steward comments on this a number of times. It's unfair for Vitali to be tarred with the 'boring klitschko' brush. He's an excellent HW - one you could reasonably place in the top 15 all time list. The only boring aspect about him is the seemingly inevitability of his victories - which is hardly his fault. The Yanks weren't complaining when Tyson was KOing everyone easily. But somehow Vitali - with a nigh on 90% KO ratio is looked down on?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:44 am

I just didnt want to agree with D4 and certainly not prettyboykev

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:00 am

Personally i think we have got used to the brothers and have accepted their robotic and boring styles, i still remember what i thought of them when there was still a bit life left in the division. We have nothing decent to compare them with recently but think it's a bit generous that they are starting to be compared in head to head fights with the greats. They can only beat what is put in front of them but that doesn't make them great.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:05 am

Whilst I think I speak for many when I say I will not be rushing out to buy a career box set of either guy do think they get a bad rap, am sure their approach is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Everyone who enters a ring with either brother pretty much knows what they are going to do, if it is working for the brothers, which their records, number of rounds lost and titles suggests it is it is down to the opponents to get them out of their comfort zones and grooves. The inability of pretty much anyone and everyone to do this is hardly a problem the brothers need to worry themselves with too greatly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:08 am

I think Vitali gives anyone a tough night on the basis of his physical attributes. Tall, large reach, hits very hard indeed and an extremely solid chin. Not saying he would walk through any of the greats, but I dont see him getting embarrassed by anyone.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

I admire the way Wladimir has come back from adversity and achieved what he has achieved. Yes he has a safety first approach now and yes, I personally find him boring to watch, but that shouldn't detract from his accomplishments. In most professions, we would applaud someone for working hard at the aspects of their role that they are not so good at, so we should respect Wladimir for this. I am rubbish at my job, and if I worked as hard as Wladimir did I would expect to get better.

As for the question, I would expect most fans to be able to view Vitali on his own merits. A casual observer who occasionally dips in and out of the sport may just view them as one entity but you only need to watch Vitali to see how different he his. He always strikes me as a bit of an animal actually. A genuine hardcase. He really took it to Lewis, with no fear and little regard for his own face, walking through some pretty heavy shots in order to land his own. When he floored Solis, he looked like he wanted to kick him in the face for denying Vitali some more fun. Same with Adamek, you could see Vitali in the second round almost ready to scream at Adamek when he fell into the ropes. It was only when Adamek got back up that Vitali reigned his emotions in. Vitali has that edge and fighting spirit that come naturally, Wladimir has to force it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

Steffan wrote:I just didnt want to agree with D4 and certainly not prettyboykev

Great minds Steffan, don't fight it.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:12 am

My views on Wladimir are well known, would be up there for the worst lineal heavyweight champion in history and in no way should he ever be compared to any great heavyweight, his brother on the other hand while not being great is a far better boxer.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

bang on, the difference between the two is that wlad is a robot, never changing, vitali fights with emotion, if he's hit he gets made and goes looking for revenge. look at the way he re-acted after solis went down and he thought he quit, wlad would never act like that.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPwqtL5QdCo

Another great Vitali fight, what exciting fights has Wlad been involved in.

Vitali has been involved in some of the best heavyweight fights of the last 20 years.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

Top quality, he just loves fighting (forgot how good a fight that was, Vitali taking everything Sanders had, so much so reducing him to a pub drunk throwing wild swings)

you could never imagine Wladimir in a fight like that

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

D4 - you're sounding bitter. You banged on that Wlad was a coward and ducking Haye - boy you read that one wrong - and now you're accusing him of being boring.

A guy that can knock someone out with 1 hand is not boring.

No - his fights aren't Duran-Leonard 1 or Ibeabuchi-Tua affairs. They're still good enough to watch.

Vitali does have a more crowd pleasing style - slightly more unorthodox with punches coming from lots of different angles.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:20 pm

Wladimirs most exciting fights have come when he's knocked out.

I can't help but agree with D4 a little bit with this one... Ask yourself the question, would Vitali be revered if he came back from a 4 year lay off and unify the division whilst dominating all of his opponents? Yes.

Would his legacy be secured? Not sure but he wouldnt have to contend with the "boring" label his brother built up in the 4 years if his absence that's for sure.

Mayweather is still better than Manny though :P

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:21 pm

Interesting word back from George Foreman via Twitter...he claims that Vitali could beat any of the old heavyweights, and is better than him.

Feel he is doing himself a massive disservice there, and overestimating Vitali somewhat, though of course he wouldn't be easy work for anybody.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:22 pm

By the way, before my last post is deleted for the comment at the end, its intended as a joke.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

No rubbish article. Vitali - Adamek was dire to watch being that Adamek was hopelessly out of his depth and jabbed to pieces, meanwhile Wlad v Haye was much better. Wlad brilliantly contolled the fight but there was always an element of danger in Haye. Neither are great fun to watch but I think they're BOTH more interesting to watch than they get credit for.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

Super D Boon wrote:No rubbish article. Vitali - Adamek was dire to watch being that Adamek was hopelessly out of his depth and jabbed to pieces, meanwhile Wlad v Haye was much better. Wlad brilliantly contolled the fight but there was always an element of danger in Haye. Neither are great fun to watch but I think they're BOTH more interesting to watch than they get credit for.

clap

Sums up the answer to the article nicely really.

Not much else to discuss now. Tumbleweed
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

School Project wrote:Wladimirs most exciting fights have come when he's knocked out.

I can't help but agree with D4 a little bit with this one... Ask yourself the question, would Vitali be revered if he came back from a 4 year lay off and unify the division whilst dominating all of his opponents? Yes.

Would his legacy be secured? Not sure but he wouldnt have to contend with the "boring" label his brother built up in the 4 years if his absence that's for sure.

Mayweather is still better than Manny though :P

Yeah Vitali tend to get to get tarred with the same brush simply because they are brothers. Whether you like both fighters or dislike them both, you have to agree Vitali is far more exciting and they both fight in different ways.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

School Project wrote:By the way, before my last post is deleted for the comment at the end, its intended as a joke.

Obviously, no one really thinks that Whistle

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down