The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it!

5 posters

Go down

Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it! Empty Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

There is nothing like a live fight. The unknown, the expectations and the hope of something special. Sometimes however a fight comes around that you, for whatever reason don't get excited about or decide to do something else,only to wake up to the news that you missed a classic.

May 7, 2005

Corrales v Castillo

I was aware that this fight was coming up but never really believed that it would be a modern classic. I had Corrales to win as he was by far the better boxer and thought to myself "this will be a shut out". I fancied Castillo to nick a couple of rounds but never thought for 1 second it would evolve into the war it did. Now 7 years later people still talk about this fight. I believe I stayed at my ex girlfriends house watching crappy DVD'S and I did't even get any. I missed 1 of the greatest rounds ever LIVE and spent the night with someone I now despise.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it! Empty Re: Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

Douglas v Tyson
---------------------

Been here less than 6 months and felt Douglas was an easy stiff... so spent time instead with my beautiful, adorable redhead and ignored the fight..

my mistake..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it! Empty Re: Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

I wish I made the same mistake TRUSS, Tyson was my hero.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

Wish Desiree Washington hadn't come on the scene....

1990-1993 with Bowe, Lewis, Tyson and Holy on the scene and still relatively fresh would've been intense..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

Women? what are we gonna do with em?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:07 pm

You missed 1 of the greatest upsets ever TRUSS. How did you feel when you first heard the news?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Douglas v Tyson
---------------------

Been here less than 6 months and felt Douglas was an easy stiff... so spent time instead with my beautiful, adorable redhead and ignored the fight..

my mistake..

Is that the beautiful, adorable redhead you're lending me on Saturday?

I couldn't be bothered to fork out for Khan vs. Prescott, but I would have paid for the explosive 50-odd seconds if only I had known.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm

School Project wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Douglas v Tyson
---------------------

my mistake..

Is that the beautiful, adorable redhead you're lending me on Saturday?

I couldn't be bothered to fork out for Khan vs. Prescott, but I would have paid for the explosive 50-odd seconds if only I had known.

I know exactly how you feel, missed it to. Still enjoyable on youtube but obviously not the same.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 14 Sep 2011, 8:03 am

Yeah I was lucky enough to have heard off someone on Xbox about 10 minutes after the fight and I looked at the "highlights" about 20 minutes after. Though a friend of mine travelled up to Manchester to what the action live...

It was the first and last fight he ever attended haha.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:07 am

Would guess Audley Haye ranks up there, had very little expectation for the fight and knew Haye would batter him but Audley managed to outstrip even my low expectations of him in that one, which was no mean feat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:15 am

rowley wrote:Would guess Audley Haye ranks up there, had very little expectation for the fight and knew Haye would batter him but Audley managed to outstrip even my low expectations of him in that one, which was no mean feat.
Fights you decided not to watch and regretted it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:17 am

Oh for pity's sake, actually reading the original thread would help somewhat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

BBC, SKY, Audley's Mum, 606ers......I'm sure all have regrets where Audley is concerned.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down