The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak's epiphany - Andy needs to listen and learn

5 posters

Go down

Novak's epiphany - Andy needs to listen and learn Empty Novak's epiphany - Andy needs to listen and learn

Post by barrystar Wed 14 Sep 2011, 8:52 am

This, according to the Telegraph, is Djoko's explanation for how everything changed at last year's US Open - note his reference to a more aggressive approach:

Last year I made the final but I could have easily lost in the first round. I overcame that. I needed those tough matches to get confidence and the belief that I could win the majors.

Something just clicked. In the previous years, I hadn't changed my game in any big way and my strokes were still the same and was hitting the shots I wanted to hit.

But I had difficulties approaching semi-finals and finals. I would wait for players to make mistakes. I didn't have the positive attitude. That has changed now – the 2010 US Open was the turning point.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Novak's epiphany - Andy needs to listen and learn Empty Re: Novak's epiphany - Andy needs to listen and learn

Post by socal1976 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:17 am

Murray definetly is a guy who holds on to tight and beats himself up for bad errors. If you make an error being aggressive and attempting the right shot then it isn't a bad error.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Novak's epiphany - Andy needs to listen and learn Empty Re: Novak's epiphany - Andy needs to listen and learn

Post by time please Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/stosurs-belief-soars/story-fn6ck6f9-1226135204388

or to Sam Stosur! there have been quite a lot of articles about how she turned to Ruth Anderson, sports psychologist with Australian Institute of Sport after French Open loss to Schiavone, and apparently she did a lot of work with Anderson after 1st round exit at Wimbledon.

I think Murray's team have gone as far as they can with him, or to put it better the Murray has gone as far as he can with his team - he needs to look at who is best for him, not the most fun to hang out with for a few years.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

time please wrote:http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/stosurs-belief-soars/story-fn6ck6f9-1226135204388

I think Murray's team have gone as far as they can with him, or to put it better the Murray has gone as far as he can with his team - he needs to look at who is best for him, not the most fun to hang out with for a few years.

I fully agree there. At his current point of his tennis career, he seriously needs to think about hiring a coach who fully believes that the way to get to the top and win slams is to train very hard when preparing for slam tournaments, and to me there is only one such person who fits this requirement, a certain Ivan Lendl who it was rumoured was linked with coaching Murray.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

socal1976 wrote:Murray definetly is a guy who holds on to tight and beats himself up for bad errors. If you make an error being aggressive and attempting the right shot then it isn't a bad error.

It's all pretend, pretending that the peak level reached on fortunate days when the ball always fall in is actually his 'real' level. And that goes with being forced to play a counter-punching game, through lack of confidence you're forced to play low-percentage shots that are a poor substitute for more aggressive shots and you console yourself by saying "I know I can make those shots". Only they're low percentage and are only reliable on during a peak performance, and unreliable in a mean performance.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down