The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

+26
JJJohnson
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
JDizzle
compelling and rich
Knowsit17
no-mas
6oldenbhoy
Imperial Ghosty
TRUSSMAN66
The genius of PBF
sodhat
Adam D
WelshDevilRob
Il Gialloblu
licence_007
ian_jamsie
eddyfightfan
HumanWindmill
Scottrf
coxy0001
bhb001
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Michaels, Sean
Union Cane
30 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 2 Empty Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane's Prediction League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Twelve Results

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12) Floyd Mayweather KO4 (EKO)
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12) Erik Morales RTD10 (LKO)
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10) Jessie Vargas SD
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8) Anthony Crolla SD
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12) Saul Alvarez TKO6 (EKO)
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12) Tyson Fury TKO5 (EKO)
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10)
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8) Willie Casey TKO8 (LKO)
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12) Lee Selby TKO8 (LKO)
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8) Paul Smith TKO1 (EKO)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Twelve Review

Dirty, cheap shot or opportunistic flash of brilliance?

Ultimately it matters not, the record books show KO4 and Mayweather moves one win away from emulating the great Joe Calzaghe.

Elsewhere there was more great entertainment from Tyson Fury, mixed fortunes for the Smith brothers and a controversial Vegas undercard, but the fight we are all interested in is the battle for the inaugural Union Cane's Prediction League title between coxy0001 and The genius of PBF.

The gauntlet was laid down by coxy0001 with an impressive haul of 12 points, however it wasn't quite enough, the boasts and bravado sounding decidedly hollow now.

Gentlemen, your Champion...

The genius of PBF

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 2 Ucpl_b10

Final League Table

Position User Name Weekly Score
HWS*
Total Score
The genius of PBF
-
coxy0001
-
Knowsit17
-
rowley
Union Cane
Dazstarr
ian_jamsie
Jdizzle
-
Mind the windows Tino.
-
alma
-
compelling and rich
-
sodhat
-
JJJohnson
-
Eyetoldyouso
-
The Galveston Giant
-
Il Gialloblu
-
TopHat24/7
-
Michaels, Sean
-
WelshDevilRob
-
bhb001
-
------
--------------------
----------
----------
----------
eddyfightfan
-
licence_007
-
prettyboykev
-
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
-
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
-
Boxtthis
-
Super D Boon
-
TRUSSMAN66
-
PPVxHOTTY
-
=30
Sugar Boy Sweetie
=30
Day V Lately
Dominic Dicoco
-
=34
Solder_of_Fortune
=34
Steffan
d260005p
-
Scottrf
-
Lumbering_Jack
-
wow_junky
-
spencerclarke
-
wheelchair1991
-
King Raoh
-
*HWS - Highest individual Weekly Score is used to separate those tied on points, unless I am involved in which case (to avoid accusations of corruption) the Lowest Highest Weekly Score takes precedence.

Predictor of the Week Award

Week One Knowsit17
Week Two Knowsit17
Week Three The genius of PBF
Week Four Sugar Boy Sweetie
Week Five Il Gialloblu
Week Six coxy0001
Week Seven ian_jamsie
Week Eight eddyfightfan
Week Nine coxy0001
Week Ten JJJohnson
Week Eleven Michaels, Sean
Week Twelve prettyboykev

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:As you're all men of the world, do you think it is inappropriate to shake your fiancee's best (female) mate's hand upon meeting her for the first time? I got ridiculed for it at the weekend. Admittedly she did go for the hug / kiss on the cheek combo first.

You have a fiancee?

Shocked

Well....... Sort of. We've engaged for a couple of years but (I) don't really have any plans to get married for a few years yet.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1  - Page 2 Empty Re: Union Cane's Prediction League - Season 1

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

Na, it's got to be a kiss. Not on the lips though, I got told off for that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:Well....... Sort of. We've engaged for a couple of years but (I) don't really have any plans to get married for a few years yet.
It's not cheating if you're not married.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:As you're all men of the world, do you think it is inappropriate to shake your fiancee's best (female) mate's hand upon meeting her for the first time? I got ridiculed for it at the weekend. Admittedly she did go for the hug / kiss on the cheek combo first.

Polite kiss on the cheek

No flirting with said best mate though, i'm not officially seeing this girl but she took a vast exception to me have a bit of a flirt with her stupidly hot friend.

Or maybe flirt and when the lass dumps you get with her best mate after a drunken night out? Seems a cracking plan.

Agony aunt coxy out.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

You have a fiancee?

Shocked

Well....... Sort of. We've engaged for a couple of years but (I) don't really have any plans to get married for a few years yet.

Why the delay Sean, you do know it's legal now don't you mate?

Last edited by rowley on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

So you've been with her at least a couple of years, yet you have never met her best mate?

Ok.

I'd say the hug / kiss combo would have been better, but beware the unwanted erection.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

Union Cane wrote:So you've been with her at least a couple of years, yet you have never met her best mate?
About as believable as a coxy story.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

No such thing as an unwanted erection - put it to good effect in the disabled toilet. When you get to Rowley/Windys age you'll be envious of such times.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

Union Cane wrote:
beware the unwanted erection.

Windy has been yearning for one of those for years.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

See above.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Union Cane wrote:So you've been with her at least a couple of years, yet you have never met her best mate?

4 years (or close). It was the quarter final of the Rugby World Cup England V Australia we first properly met. I used to go out with her younger sister in '97 who then went out with my brother.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

See above.

I saw, just couldn't be bothered to edit.

Just so everyone knows, Coxy made the joke first. He is great.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

Last unwanted erection I had was when somebody put scaffolding up at the house next door.

Noisy sods.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

absolutly scandelous, why have i been demoted to the lower league me and 007 are tied, he should have to beat me to move me, i demand something be done, we both have a predictor of the week, and im offical.ly on the board. im also first alphabetically lower, so should be first whatever way you look at it, i feel cheated.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12) mayweather LKO
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12) morales UD
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10) vargas LKO
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8) crolla UD
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12) alvarez LKO
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12) fury UD
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10) draw
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8) casey LKO
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12) smith UD
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8) smith EKO

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:absolutly scandelous, why have i been demoted to the lower league me and 007 are tied, he should have to beat me to move me, i demand something be done, we both have a predictor of the week, and im offical.ly on the board. im also first alphabetically lower, so should be first whatever way you look at it, i feel cheated.

As per last week's announcement, 007 has the higher individual weekly score, 16 to your 12.

Sorry mate but them's the rules!

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:14 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:absolutly scandelous, why have i been demoted to the lower league me and 007 are tied, he should have to beat me to move me, i demand something be done, we both have a predictor of the week, and im offical.ly on the board. im also first alphabetically lower, so should be first whatever way you look at it, i feel cheated.

To be fair Eddy you're both wallowing in mid table obscurity, this is akin to arguing over who is the brightest in a special needs class.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

well thats just swell, i am fuming- what happened to be the man you need to beat the man? he isnt even on the precitor of the week list, just through on a last minute rule change techincality. if we end equal and he stays above then this entire torument will have been for nothing as it will lose all its credibility

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

rowley wrote:To be fair Eddy you're both wallowing in mid table obscurity, this is akin to arguing over who is the brightest in a special needs class.

A Top 20 finish guarantees a place in the promised land of the Prediction Premiership.

It matters to people.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

rowley wrote:

To be fair Eddy you're both wallowing in mid table obscurity, this is akin to arguing over who is the brightest in a special needs class.

it means everything to me, if im not premier then im nothing, reguardless of whereabouts i lay in the eable

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:18 pm

TWELVE THOUSAND!!!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:
rowley wrote:

it means everything to me,

Clearly

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:38 pm

im sure there will be a boycott of any future union cane articals should injustice prevail after this weeks action. i'll be keeping my eye on you union till then......

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:42 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

4 years (or close). It was the quarter final of the Rugby World Cup England V Australia we first properly met. I used to go out with her younger sister in '97 who then went out with my brother.
Keeping it in the family.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

bhb001 wrote:Does anyone ever make predictions on here anymore?

That's very unfair bhb. Not only have I made mine for the final week, I made them for the following week without even knowing the fights.

Apology accepted.

Apology offered

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12) Mayweather UD
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12) Morales LKO
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10) Lopez SD
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8) Crolla UD
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12) Alvarez LKO
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12) Fury EKO
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10) Thompson UD
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8) Casey UD
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12) Smith LKO
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8) Smith UD

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:46 pm

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr v. Victor Ortiz (12) mayweather LKO
2. Erik Morales v. Pablo Cesar Cano (12) morales UD
3. Jessie Vargas v. Josesito Lopez (10) vargas LKO
4. Anthony Crolla v. Juan Montiel (8) crolla UD
5. Saul Alvarez v. Alfonso Gomez (12) alvarez LKO
6. Tyson Fury v. Nicolai Firtha (12) fury UD
7. Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson (10) draw
8. Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou (8) casey LKO
9. Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby (12) smith UD
10. Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels (8) smith EKO

10 rounder round the back of the school sheds at play time. That should settle this mad

What happens if we remain tied going after next week?

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:50 am

licence_007 wrote:What happens if we remain tied going after next week?

As per the announcement last week (which nobody seems to have read) if players are tied on points then the player with the highest individual weekly score will be given the higher placing.

eddyfightfan's highest score is 12, licence_007's is 16.

It's quite simple, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:51 am

I got a reply from Moose Lewis, boss man of the IBU regarding the McCall / Cooper fight :

"The card was cancelled.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
"

Short and sweet, but better than nothing.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:56 am

eddyfightfan wrote:im sure there will be a boycott of any future union cane articals should injustice prevail after this weeks action. i'll be keeping my eye on you union till then......

Injustice? Pardon?

Listen Edward, if there are 20 people who score more points than you then frankly you don't deserve to be in the Premiership.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:02 am

Union Cane wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:im sure there will be a boycott of any future union cane articals should injustice prevail after this weeks action. i'll be keeping my eye on you union till then......

Injustice? Pardon?

Listen Edward, if there are 20 people who score more points than you then frankly you don't deserve to be in the Premiership.

Morning Union. Good to see your mood has improved today.

Loving the reply from the IBU head honcho. I don't imagine a man called Moose uses too many words when a few will do. It's a lesson some posters on here could learn from.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:07 am

Morning Tino. My mood was ok until I logged on here and people are asking silly questions about things that they should already know.

Moose has brightened up my day though. The IBU are right up there with the UBO now as my favourite two organisations.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:08 am

Union Cane wrote:I got a reply from Moose Lewis, boss man of the IBU regarding the McCall / Cooper fight :

"The card was cancelled.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
"

Short and sweet, but better than nothing.

Told you so.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

coxy0001 wrote:Told you so.

coxy0001 wrote:Union, it's obviously a cancellation. Can't you just update the table based on it being cancelled and then adjust if need be?

Lucky guess.

How apt.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

Sorry to interrupt, but...

Floyd Mayweather Jr UD
Erik Morales LKO
Jessie Vargas EKO
Anthony Crolla LKO
Saul Alvarez LKO
Tyson Fury UD
Ryan Greene v. Willie Thompson DRAW
Willie Casey v. Daniel Kodjo Sassou DRAW
Stephen Smith v. Lee Selby DRAW
Paul Smith v. Paul Samuels DRAW
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:17 pm

Floyd Mayweather Jr WKO - Late
Erik Morales WKO - Early
Jessie Vargas WUD
Anthony Crolla WUD
Saul Alvarez WKO - Early
Tyson Fury WKO - Early
Willie Thompson WUD
Willie Casey WUD
Stephen Smith WUD
Paul Smith WKO - Early

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

Union, I think this is a safe haven for your hijinks.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:56 am

Why hasn't this thread broken off into two yet?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

Makes me feel all warm and safe when we are under Union's Prediction Thread duvet. They can't get us in here.

I feel like I will be devoured by the big beasts that roam the other threads.

Did I mention I am going to NY?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:00 am

Scottrf wrote:Why hasn't this thread broken off into two yet?

I was thinking that, it's 22 pages now, which is unheard of.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:05 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Makes me feel all warm and safe when we are under Union's Prediction Thread duvet. They can't get us in here.

Isn't NY a bit vieux jeu these days?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Makes me feel all warm and safe when we are under Union's Prediction Thread duvet. They can't get us in here.

Isn't NY a bit vieux jeu these days?

No.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:11 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Did I mention I am going to NY?

Yes.

A former girlfiend (as it turned out, sic) would constantly nag me about going to NY to go Christmas Shopping, I had finally relented and was about to make the arrangements, but this was September 2001 so I had to put it off, and I have never got round to it since.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:13 am

You decided to buy Jay-Z's 'The Blueprint' rather than go to New York?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:14 am

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Did I mention I am going to NY?

Yes.

A former girlfiend (as it turned out, sic) would constantly nag me about going to NY to go Christmas Shopping, I had finally relented and was about to make the arrangements, but this was September 2001 so I had to put it off, and I have never got round to it since.

So she didn't end up as your fictional wife then?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:15 am

Scottrf wrote:You decided to buy Jay-Z's 'The Blueprint' rather than go to New York?

Is that aimed at me?

Is it a youth culture reference?

I'm lost...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:15 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:So she didn't end up as your fictional wife then?

That one didn't, no.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

Check the release date.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

Missus lived in NY for 3 years prior to coming home. Always bangs on about it - great place etc etc. Keep telling her I'm never going there. She doesn't believe me. Her friend is massive in the running of Major League baseball. He offered me free tickets to Calzaghe at MSG and I said no. Would have thought the penny had dropped after that.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

Miserable bugger...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:Missus lived in NY for 3 years prior to coming home. Always bangs on about it - great place etc etc. Keep telling her I'm never going there. She doesn't believe me. Her friend is massive in the running of Major League baseball. He offered me free tickets to Calzaghe at MSG and I said no. Would have thought the penny had dropped after that.

That's a shame Sean. You would like it, the women are beautiful. And real as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next