The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oddsmakers - Great calls and shocking failures!!

5 posters

Go down

Oddsmakers - Great calls and shocking failures!! Empty Oddsmakers - Great calls and shocking failures!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

Been some good calling of fights by the "bookies" over the years.....

Chavez 7/5 to beat Rosario........In a fight where Rosario was bigger and the undisputed no1 at 135...I picked Rosario..

Holy 12/5 to beat Douglas..........This was early on before (240) where Buster had looked a million dollars against Mike..Great call..

Tyson 3/1 against Spinks...........A clear favorite when many otherwise sensible types like The ring picked Spinks..

Bad ones....

Bramble 4/1 over Rosario .........Bramble had only beat Mancini really and Rosario had just been robbed off the excellent Camacho..4/1!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey 12/5 over Starling..........Honey had struggled with Chung and the terrible Vaca...Sure Starling had been sniped by an illegal punch but Breland twice and Brown showed that he had more class and the fact he was pitching a shutout against Molly suggested his form was better!!!!

Add to the collection if you so desire....Interested in other great calls and howlers by the professional odds makers..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Oddsmakers - Great calls and shocking failures!! Empty Re: Oddsmakers - Great calls and shocking failures!!

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

Is this just some of the bookmakers odds at the time or bets you have made. Tyson 3/1 seems to be bad one by the bookies. Especially if as lot of people would have bet on Tyson with those odds.

My best winning boxing bet was on Marg to beat Cotto.

I had few quid on each 10, 11 and 12 round KO @33/1

The worst thing I done was stopping me mate puttin £5 on Prescott 1st round KO against Khan @ 66/1. He said look at how many KO's he's got and Khan hasnt got a chin. I said that he has been cherry picked for Khan, has only knocked out bums and is 66/1 for a reason.

He wasn't too happy with me later on in the night Doh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Oddsmakers - Great calls and shocking failures!! Empty Re: Oddsmakers - Great calls and shocking failures!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

Oddsmakers.....Picking the right and wrong horse...

Generally they are very good...sometimes they make you think.. What???

Marg hand wraps make the Cotto one contentious!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:39 am

Tyson - Douglas?
Though I'm absolutely stonewalled that anyone would even have bet on Douglas and the odds were so wide it wouldn't have been worth a punt on Tyson unless you put your house on it.
Suppose Khan Prescott odds were 66/1 for a first round knockout, or something close. I believe Mitchell started favorite against Kats also.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:12 am

My favourite one recently was Mitchell vs Katsidis, spent a fair bit of time on the old boards saying that once the fiery Aussie lets his fists go Mitchell won't have anything to come back with. Won me a small fortune, was nervous to say the least whilst watching it though.

Got burnt with Hatton against Manny, pretty badly as i bet with my heart not my head. Latter won me a nice tidy sum against Diaz and more so DLH, i'd bet DLH but put a big big big bet on Manny once i saw the weighin figures and how awfully gaunt DLH looked (not to mention how he came in light, obvious sign something went wrong shedding the weight)

My most satisfying was at Cheltenham Festival in 2008..... 10 race card due to the day before being cancelled due to wind..... Our Vic, Inglis Driver, Albertas Run & Master Minded..... Came out with pockets stuffed quite literally

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

Best ones:

Prescott to stop Khan in rounds 1-3 @12-1

Marquez to stop Katsidas in rounds 9-12 @ 9-1

Khan to stop Barrera in rounds 4-6 @ 9-1

Worst ones:

Enzo Mac to stop Haye in 12 @ 6-1

Manny to stop Shane Moesly in 12 @ can't remember the odds for this one.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down