The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan's latest thoughts...

+5
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
huw
two_tone
9 posters

Go down

Khan's latest thoughts... Empty Khan's latest thoughts...

Post by two_tone Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

Amir Khan has called Floyd Mayweather Jr "a chicken" who has avoided both him and P4P king Manny Pacquiao.

Khan is hoping to face 'Money' in the near future, while a megabucks fight between Floyd Jr and Pacquiao has been boxing's holy grail for the last two years.

Khan says Mayweather Jr, who faces Victor Ortiz in Las Vegas on Saturday night, is terrified of losing his perfect unbeaten record, which currently stands at 41-0.

He told The Sun: "In my opinion, Mayweather is a chicken. He is doing everything to avoid me just as he did everything to avoid fighting Manny Pacquiao.

"I don't want to sound cocky or arrogant but I believe the real reason for Mayweather avoiding me is that he knows I have his number. Mayweather knows if he ever fights me his 0 will go.

"All Floyd does is pick fights that he knows he will win. I thought world championship boxing was about proving who is the best but if he keeps turning his back on me how can he still say he is the best?"

Khan has a potential mandatory world title defence against Lamont Peterson coming up, and says that could be his last fight at light-welterweight before moving up to welter and the likes of Mayweather and Pacquaio.

Talk is cheap
Amir claims that Floyd Jr isn't the only fighter currently trying to avoid him.

"I will fight anyone put in front of me but there seems to be a lot of boxers who talk a good fight but when push comes to shove they won't get in the ring with me," he added.

"Tim Bradley was offered fortunes to fight me for his IBF title but it never happened and now he has been stripped of his belt.

"Erik Morales was offered a fight against me but he is now saying he won't be ready for me until next year.

"I must admit it is all very frustrating as I try to unify the world titles. All I can do is fight whoever is put in front of me but there is an increasing small number willing to do just that."

Off SKY Sports

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Khan's latest thoughts... Empty Re: Khan's latest thoughts...

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

Hopefully Mayweather takes the bait. Would be good to see him fight in the UK.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

This is always the same old garbage. I don't even think he's saying half these things.

Everything these stories come out its the exact same except for a few different words added.

And the journo must have done a rushed job to think that Bradley was stripped of his IBF belt for ducking Khan. One check on Goggle would have shown it was the WBC.

There are other options for Khan except Bradley and Morales anyway, he needs to stop crying the blues.

Going on about 50-50 of the UK revenue in regards to Bradley is a joke when he barely gets any PPV sales in the first place. I agree that Bradley should turn down half of £105.00
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

Thought I'd share this if people hadn't read it just more cr4p being spouted, I blame the team behind Khan more than him as I actually want to see him do well but he needs to engage his brain from time to time before he does some of these interviews.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

If Khan got called out by Mayweather, he'd cr4p himself. Khan is good, but not yet in the same league

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

Every time Khan comes out with new smack talk, when reporters ask about him fighting him it suddenly changes to "oh well in 3 fights times we'll be ready."

Khan - the one elite British fighter I couldn't give a shiny Sh!te if he got knocked out!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

I think its weird that hes always being accused of calling others chicken's etc.

Khan never says this on screen when I've listened to him. Chicken is a strong word to use in this game.

I think the reporters know he is a gift to be misquoted.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

Personally I don't believe a word of it. Khan doesn't think!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:48 pm

Khans latest thoughts....thought I smelt burning in Bolton today

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

mayweather has already said khan can have the fight is he fights varag, mayweathers new fighter. sounds like they are trying to build this fight up already, wont be buying into it myself.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

I don't think it will happen, after khans disappointing crowd turnout for the Judah fight mayweather doesn't see any real money to be made (as per one of his interviews) so is throwing out Vargas to get his fighter some name recognition. The only way this happens us if khan starts filling arenas the stats or goldenboy offer a massive sum that flits can't refuse

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:05 pm

Sorry damn auto correct, that should say if khan starts filling arenas in the states

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

no-mas wrote:I don't think it will happen, after khans disappointing crowd turnout for the Judah fight mayweather doesn't see any real money to be made (as per one of his interviews) so is throwing out Vargas to get his fighter some name recognition. The only way this happens us if khan starts filling arenas the stats or goldenboy offer a massive sum that flits can't refuse

But a Mayweather vs Khan fight at Wembley would sell out.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

Yes but khan will claim that's because of him and demand 50/50 which floyd will reject as the crowd is their to see him so khan is undeserving of the 50/50. Would floyd fight away from home for 50/60% of the purse or stay in Vegas for 80%?

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

no-mas wrote:Yes but khan will claim that's because of him and demand 50/50 which floyd will reject as the crowd is their to see him so khan is undeserving of the 50/50. Would floyd fight away from home for 50/60% of the purse or stay in Vegas for 80%?

I would expect him to get at least 60% and 60% of selling out Wembley would probably be more than 80% at Vegas. Mayweather is continually stating how much he would like to fight in the UK and there is nobody else here for him to fight.

You would also have to feel he'd think of this as an easy nights work.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

huw wrote:
no-mas wrote:Yes but khan will claim that's because of him and demand 50/50 which floyd will reject as the crowd is their to see him so khan is undeserving of the 50/50. Would floyd fight away from home for 50/60% of the purse or stay in Vegas for 80%?

I would expect him to get at least 60% and 60% of selling out Wembley would probably be more than 80% at Vegas. Mayweather is continually stating how much he would like to fight in the UK and there is nobody else here for him to fight.

You would also have to feel he'd think of this as an easy nights work.

I will agree with that but looking at the UKs recent how do I put this "debatable" reffing/judging this might put floyd off from coming

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

no-mas wrote:

I will agree with that but looking at the UKs recent how do I put this "debatable" reffing/judging this might put floyd off from coming

Lets hope not as I would love to watch this live.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:28 pm

"Tim Bradley was offered fortunes to fight me for his IBF title but it never happened and now he has been stripped of his belt."

Erm, didn't Bradley hold the WBO and WBC belts?

Judah had the IBF, has nobody told Khan that he won it?

Too many bangs to the head, Amir, time to call it a day.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down