The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Night 25

4 posters

Go down

Fight Night 25 Empty Fight Night 25

Post by boomdangle Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:10 am

It's got to be shields all night long, he gave gsp his toughest fight yet so perhaps a few wins to get him back in the picture and he could bridge that final gap vs the canadian.

But before that must deal with Ellenberger. Got to say think this will be a good fight that will go the distance. Ellenberger isnt affraid to mix it and has a good wrestling background, think he may be a wrestling coach but Shields will take it on points.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Fight Night 25 Empty Re: Fight Night 25

Post by gibbo104 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

Yeah I got Shields winning this by decision also. I like Ellenberger as a fighter but as long as Shields is in the right frame of mind (it's gotta be tough after just losing your dad/manager) then I can see him going for his usual 53 single leg attempts per round and getting the UD.

There is something like 4 weekends on the trot now where there is going to be a UFC event. :-) Happy days :-)

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

yes its worked out really well, am lookign forward to the rampage fight and then after that i do like edgar, seeing him best bj showing hwo far he had come, he was like a buzzard never still so hope he can hold off maynard.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:31 am

!!!!contains spoilers!!!!

Ellenberger won by a ferocious TKO just 53 seconds into round 1! Ellenberger caught Shield's with two knees, one to the body, then one to the head sending Shields to the ground before Ellenberger opened up with a barrage of fists to the head, which were both powerful and fast. The ref stepped in to end the fight and Sheild's was so out of it that he actually grabbed the refs leg in defence. It took Shield's a couple of minutes to come to his senses and realise what happened. He looked bitterly disappointed.

Court McGee won a UD over Dongi Yang - the fight was fairly evenly matched with the majority of the action taking place in the third round. Yang managed to connect with a right hook that sent McGee reeling back against the cage, which Yang followed up by a knee to the face but then as he went for the takedown slipped off of McGee, allowing McGee to fire back with some strikes of his own. Yang gassed in the 3rd and with superior conditioning McGee scored two takedowns late in the final round to secure the judges' decision. McGee actually caught Yang in a guillotine choke in the dying seconds of the fight but the buzzer saved Yang.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

Great win for Ellenberger, probably the biggest of his career. I think he came out and has said that either GSP or Condit he would like to fight next. I wouldn’t mind either of them fights but personally I like the idea of an Ellenberger vs. Rory McDonald as I see both of these as 2 wins away from a shot at the title.

I've got Condit losing to GSP via decision and Diaz (annoyingly) getting the W against Penn. That would make Diaz vs. GSP possible again which keeps GSP busy for a while and frees up Condit and Fitch for either Ellenberger or McDonald as a sort of semi-final tourney for the next number 1 contender.

What do people think about Shields at 170? I'm not taking anything away from Shield as ANYONE who gets caught with them knees that Ellenberger connected with are going down. He does now however have a long long road to walk before he gets another shot at the title, I can see him moving back up to 185. The MW devision is striker orintated and Shields style could work well there.

Jones vs. Rampage next weekend :-D

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

Certainly was a good win for Ellenberger, that 2nd knee was devastating & then finished with some g 'n' p to make sure. Checked out some other fights lower on the card featuring some of the guys from TUF 12, Brookins, Cody & Clay, all good fights. Apparently the next series starts next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

Jake Sheilds has probably had the worst year of his life.

He's gone from a 6 year winning streak to losing both his fights this year, one in devastating fashion and in between those fights, losing his Dad who also was his manager.

I hope Sheilds takes a good break and comes back for a better 2012!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:13 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Jake Sheilds has probably had the worst year of his life.

He's gone from a 6 year winning streak to losing both his fights this year, one in devastating fashion and in between those fights, losing his Dad who also was his manager.

I hope Sheilds takes a good break and comes back for a better 2012!

Agreed. Not taking anything away from Shields after his last loss as anyone can be caught with knees and sent down, and anyone can lose to GSP. Terrible news about his father and you have to give him respect for still agreeing to fight as I don’t think anyone would argue if he decided to sit out that fight. I hope he comes back bigger and stronger in 2012, I would like to see him move up to MW as I think that is where he fights best and some interesting fights for him there as well.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down