The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs. Firtha - Round by round thread.

+15
BALTIMORA
AlexHuckerby
eddyfightfan
Fists of Fury
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Wykey89
Happytravelling
sodhat
doink
Michaels, Sean
John Bloody Wayne
hogey
Volcanicash
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
School Project
19 posters

Go down

Fury vs. Firtha - Round by round thread. Empty Fury vs. Firtha - Round by round thread.

Post by School Project Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

Chat isn't open and Trussmans Mrs never showed up which means I'm lonely.

Thought I'd open a thread to analyse the fight with you boys...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Fury vs. Firtha - Round by round thread. Empty Re: Fury vs. Firtha - Round by round thread.

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

The chat box is on OK
(Bottom of the forum home page)

Back to top Go down

Fury vs. Firtha - Round by round thread. Empty Re: Fury vs. Firtha - Round by round thread.

Post by School Project Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:07 pm

Nice one YI - Didn't see it.

I'll close this down mate.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

Anyone else havin problems with ch 5????
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:24 pm

@reborn, yeah the screens gone blank!! Fight could be over all I know!!

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:24 pm

I just got a black screen, what a waste of time.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

Same here. Poopie

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:30 pm

not working. great fight.

fury has some serious whiskers. come on the gypo
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by doink Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

Jesus Christ, 3 missed rounds. Nice one channel 5.

doink

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

Its still like it!! Sort it out channel 5 ffs!! Oh its an ad has just popped up, its back, 15 mins + and 4 rounds missed!! Thank god its not ppv!!

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:32 pm

Just in time to see the fight stopped!!! Well done channell 5!!Sad

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by doink Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:33 pm

Guessing the ref had a few quid on a 5th round stoppage then.

doink

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

What the feck was that Referee doing, what a pathetic stoppage.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:37 pm

what the man sausage......

the guy nearly had fury out the round before..............
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:37 pm

Volcanicash wrote:Just in time to see the fight stopped!!! Well done channell 5!!Sad

Same here. I wanna cut someone now.

Maybe the ref

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

I'd forgotten this fight was on terrestrial, but judging by this I was better off watching Only Fools and Horses...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:41 pm

I stayed in to watch this... and got only 1 1/2 out of 5 rounds... shame. Channel 5 were a bit slow getting the signal back.

Ref was a bit premature but it was a peach of a punch. Just the ref should have at least checked Firthas eyes before stopping it.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:44 pm

was on virgin cable. saw it all? primetime sabotaging????
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Wykey89 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:47 pm

Unbelievable! Rubbish coverage, rubbish stoppage! Been a casual reader of this board but had to vent how ridiculous this fight and coverage was!

Wykey89

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

Wykey89 wrote:Unbelievable! Rubbish coverage, rubbish stoppage! Been a casual reader of this board but had to vent how ridiculous this fight and coverage was!

apparently it was only the irish and welsh who missed out.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

It was only the standard definition that missed out the HD channel was fine.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

Boys, my biggest observation is this:

Mick Hennesy was more out of breathe that Fury at the end of the fight during the interview.

He has high blood pressure.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

great fight. fury would have stopped him but why do we have to keep putting up with thses stoppages...................

i don't have hd and i saw it.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

jump in the chat lads, having a laugh Smile

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

The standard definition broadcast wasn't working in Scotland because I had to chip the Mrs off the HD TV to watch it. She wasn't happy the million pound drop was on.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:01 pm

School Project wrote:jump in the chat lads, having a laugh Smile

how do i do it? is it harder than quoting?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

Just press log in, then type in the little box and press 'enter'
Easy peasy OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

Wykey89 wrote:Unbelievable! Rubbish coverage, rubbish stoppage! Been a casual reader of this board but had to vent how ridiculous this fight and coverage was!

Good to see you contributing, wykey, hopefully you get more involved.

Was a ridiculously premature stoppage, and most disappointing as I was really enjoying that scrap! Fury looked decent, I thought, and looks to have worked on his jab - far more snap in it now and he uses it with purpose as opposed to the pawing which he used to do all too often.

However, he got caught pretty badly so his defence needs working on before he makes the next step. All in all a good bit of entertainment, and a decent performance from Fury. Firtha looked one tough man.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

Y I Man wrote:Just press log in, then type in the little box and press 'enter'
Easy peasy OK

i can't do it
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

Click this link:
https://www.606v2.com/chatbox/index.forum

top right corner, click 'log in'

Back to top Go down

Post by Wykey89 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:

Good to see you contributing, wykey, hopefully you get more involved.

Was a ridiculously premature stoppage, and most disappointing as I was really enjoying that scrap! Fury looked decent, I thought, and looks to have worked on his jab - far more snap in it now and he uses it with purpose as opposed to the pawing which he used to do all too often.

However, he got caught pretty badly so his defence needs working on before he makes the next step. All in all a good bit of entertainment, and a decent performance from Fury. Firtha looked one tough man.

Cheers Fists, we will see how much I contribute as I don't really know too much. Probably fairly scary for some people to hear but I get quite a bit of my knowledge from you guys. You tell me if its a good thing or bad thing! Very Happy

As far as Fury goes, he seems to have matured and become more realistic, so I think his future is bright as he is not making those ridiculous claims he did at the start of his career. Still wouldn't mind seeing him in better shape. He was looking better tonight than I have ever seen him but I reckon he is carrying a bit of excess weight.

Wykey89

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:54 pm

Haha, don't you worry about that, mate! That's the whole point to learn, and don't be afraid of making statements that some disagree with, or put you right on, it's happened to all of us!

This is a great place to learn about boxing, a good mix of posters knowledgeable on current boxers, and some really clued up old timers, too.

Yeah, Fury does need to trim down a little, but I did hear something promising from him last week that suggested he realised this and was doing something about it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:05 am

good scrap, and seen as this guy when 12 rounds with povetkin will gain him a bit of recognition

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:02 am

thought this was a good scrap to be honest fury is a bit better than i give him credit for to be fair and was very honest in his interview about what he needs to improve on. but still think he would get exposed by someone a bit elusive with power.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:05 am

Sorry boys, I left this thread as soon as I found the ChatBox was open.

It was an entertaining fight that seems ages ago now we've watched about 10 fights in the last 9 hours...

I'd like to see Fury tighten up his defense and utilise that jab to set up the uppercuts and rights. Also, he often looks VERY off balance when throwing that right hand... Needs to get that sorted!

Think it's time for bed after the Wales game.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:54 am

like i said project someone with good technique stamina bit of speed and power sorts him out no problem if anyone thinks he has a chance against haye is bonkers! just takes a more complete fighter to beat him.
by the way could anyone understand what paddy the big brother winner was saying in his interview beforehand!?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:06 am

on a side note pauline must be out partying like its 1999!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

Rubbish stoppage. Poor decision, ref. As for losing the signal...what a farce. I was in Brum and missed the same amount as everyone else.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by steagu Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:28 am

poor stoppage but kudos to Fury for taking another fight so soon after the Chisora fight.

steagu

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

Tyson did alright, it was quite good to watch as well, not sure how much you all missed but Firtha did take quite alot of punishment. I'm not sure there was a case for ending it at that time, but it was very much on the cards.

I think Fury is a work in progress, but keeping busy is certainly not going to hinder him. Still eventually falls short of worldclass for me, but it will be entertaining watching him!

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:14 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:

apparently it was only the irish and welsh who missed out.....

Not getting channel 5 or any Tyson Fury fights is really not such a bad thing. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:28 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Rubbish stoppage. Poor decision, ref. As for losing the signal...what a farce. I was in Brum and missed the same amount as everyone else.

Yeah i didn't see much of it, strange that some seen it fine.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

They repeated it right after you know... They said due to technical issues and the alloted time left they would repeat it from round 2 and they did... Should have stuck around although Fury still isn't great. Will get exposed by someone with good speed stamina and power, though there aren't many of those around right now in the HW division!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

Yeah seen a bit of it mate, seen him getting tagged in the third i think it was.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

Looked really clueless when he got hurt to be honest...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Yeah it was a beauty, right hand over the jab.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:44 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:They repeated it right after you know... They said due to technical issues and the alloted time left they would repeat it from round 2 and they did... Should have stuck around although Fury still isn't great. Will get exposed by someone with good speed stamina and power, though there aren't many of those around right now in the HW division!

Yeah I saw the replay of it once they'd apologised for loss of signal, but it was a minor disappointment seeing as they'd just shown the highlights!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:22 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:like i said project someone with good technique stamina bit of speed and power sorts him out no problem if anyone thinks he has a chance against haye is bonkers! just takes a more complete fighter to beat him.
by the way could anyone understand what paddy the big brother winner was saying in his interview beforehand!?

I don't even know why Channel 5 were mentioning Haye in the same sentence either. Fury is fun to watch, but on the domestic level, I would put Price above him. Fury is a long old way from World level.

I also thought Paddy said something about his drive way... not sure.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:58 am

Personally I was amazed they'd even managed to get the Paddy out of the Big Brother house at all. His sort don't like evictions...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down