The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 PPVs in 5 weeks

+3
bretmeharty
Luke
The Awesome Giz
7 posters

Go down

3 PPVs in 5 weeks Empty 3 PPVs in 5 weeks

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

With the joys of Hell in a Cell being 2 weeks away, I've just noticed Vengeance is only 3 weeks after that, so we basically have got 3 ppvs in 5 weeks. Something isn't right here, considering summerslam and night of champions were 5 weeks apart.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

3 PPVs in 5 weeks Empty Re: 3 PPVs in 5 weeks

Post by Luke Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:09 am

Vengence will be basically the hiac card, the worrying thing for me is what the hiac card will be. With it only being 2 weeks away the only thing i can see, is it being the same as the other night, as you can't put together rivallrys or start new feuds in that short of time. And the card the other night wasn't strong enough to basically last for 3 ppv's. The only other option is to throw matchs together that either don't make any sense, or have no storyline.
It's no wonder that ppv sales are down.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:36 am

tigerrobins wrote:Vengence will be basically the hiac card, the worrying thing for me is what the hiac card will be. With it only being 2 weeks away the only thing i can see, is it being the same as the other night, as you can't put together rivallrys or start new feuds in that short of time. And the card the other night wasn't strong enough to basically last for 3 ppv's. The only other option is to throw matchs together that either don't make any sense, or have no storyline.
It's no wonder that ppv sales are down.

To be fair that is a great point and a big reason why ppv, ratings and interest is down and not so much on first time champs who so called don't draw. What with the how the booking is for the new guys, its almost like wrestling with one arm tied behind their back, you have to give them half a chance and that starts with the booking.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

This worries me . hell in a cell is 11 days away , 2 matches announced , more will be without any build up whatsoever , the good mid card with be left out ie mcintyre
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

Miz Came To Play wrote:This worries me . hell in a cell is 11 days away , 2 matches announced , more will be without any build up whatsoever , the good mid card with be left out ie mcintyre

Do you think that McIntyre's absence could also be due to him having gone / going through a divorce and therefore giving him time off to sort out his personal issues?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

hes divorced??? geeze , i didnt know that , i knew hed married Tiffany and they'd split up . yeah , it could be . was he written out of the storylines when Mark Henry attacked Show and Show threw him off the stage in July?
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

Miz Came To Play wrote:hes divorced??? geeze , i didnt know that , i knew hed married Tiffany and they'd split up . yeah , it could be . was he written out of the storylines when Mark Henry attacked Show and Show threw him off the stage in July?

My only source is Wikipedia, but it does say that they were going through a divorce around May time, so depending on how it went they could have given him some leave and may now be deciding how / where to bring him back. Given that there isn't a natural slot on either mid card at the moment it does make sense to wait for the right time and then hopefully bring him back with a good push.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:08 pm

He should come out just after an IC or US title match and signal hes going to be challenging for the belt. Will give him a bit of a grand return and a bit of interest in the mid card titles again.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

I'd rather McIntyre actually came back with a gimmick rather than just a very generic appearence saying he wants a title shot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down