The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physicality ?

2 posters

Go down

Physicality ? Empty Physicality ?

Post by juliobloodysteroids Fri 25 Feb 2011, 3:48 pm

Why is it that when we lose and our pack has gone backwards coaches, pundits and ex-players seem to refer to the size of the opposition pack - particularly when it comes to the SH teams - Correct me if I'm wrong but I usually sneak a look at the pack weights when they are flashed on the screen during games, and its not often that Wales have a lighter pack than the other team. We should always be able to compete on a physical level because we are one of the biggest packs around. Check the stats for the England & Scotland teams to see what I mean...

juliobloodysteroids

Back to top Go down

Physicality ? Empty Re: Physicality ?

Post by oxring Sat 26 Feb 2011, 7:11 pm

Hmm - thought we edged the English pack and beat the Scots pack TBH.

Against Italy - Wales won the first half exchanges in the pack. Lineouts all went Wales' way - and the scrum refereeing (1st 1/2) was a disgrace - for instance - first scrum, Wales win the hit, Wales push Italy backwards, Wales penalised for boring in. Second scrum, Castro dropped it after losing the hit again, with James still on his feet - once again decision went against Wales.

Second half we were pretty awful at scrum time - but we were pretty awful everywhere else as well.

So I'm not sure its fair to say that our pack has gone "backwards".
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down