The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the Carling Cup be scrapped?

+5
Josiah Maiestas
westisbest
Crimey
Don Corleone187
GillesSimon
9 posters

Go down

Should the Carling Cup be scrapped? Empty Should the Carling Cup be scrapped?

Post by GillesSimon Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

Most PL teams put out their second team or give youngsters a run out. Does anyone really care about it? If there was a Champions League place for the winners of it maybe it would be taken more seriously. Even Arsenal handed it to Birmingham last season. Whistle

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Should the Carling Cup be scrapped? Empty Re: Should the Carling Cup be scrapped?

Post by Don Corleone187 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

But imagine if there was no carling cup all the youngsters would not get a game.
Don Corleone187
Don Corleone187

Back to top Go down

Should the Carling Cup be scrapped? Empty Re: Should the Carling Cup be scrapped?

Post by Crimey Wed 21 Sep 2011, 2:19 pm

I actually like it, as it's a good chance to see some of our youngster's in action, and I think most teams' fans bar Chelsea/United would probably be happy if they won the Carling Cup.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:42 pm

Keep it, for most teams its their only chance of a cup.

As said its a good chance to play youngsters.

Alot of fans when their teams gets knocked out will say "its a nothing tournament".

I wasn't happy we lost last night, we had very close to a full team out and lost at home. Think Bolton rested quite a few of their first team.

Fair play to Bolton though.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:17 pm

i think keep it, cos its good to see the youngesters getting a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:48 pm

The Carling Cup should stay, however I don't believe he cup is 'big enough' to warrant it being played at Wembley for the final; such a mediocre cup competition would be more fitting being played at a ground that is used to hosting pointless 'cups' i.e the Emirates stadium Smile
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

Well the money men don't want to scrap it. For e.g although Leeds were beaten yesterday, they had a full house, it was definitely worth it for them and other clubs in a similar position.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

GillesSimon wrote: If there was a Champions League place for the winners of it maybe it would be taken more seriously.

This can't be a serious suggestion?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

i think it should be kept

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

At the end of the day, it's a trophey. And in the leagues there are only 3 things you can win. The title, the fa cup, and the play off final. Clubs need to work out if they actually want to win things, or just survive. A day out at wembley, a chance of a trophey, and qualifying for a european compition is surely more important than finnishing between 12/17th, in my opinion anyway.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 22 Sep 2011, 4:17 pm

I wonder how Birmingham feel about it, the got knocked out so early this year, if that happened last year they'd have stayed up IMO

I think Scotland and England is the only coutries that have two domestic cups.

I think it should be scrapped too, use those free weeks at the start of the season to play league games when the weather and pitches are better

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I wonder how Birmingham feel about it, the got knocked out so early this year, if that happened last year they'd have stayed up IMO

I agree. It looked as if they took their eye off the ball after winning it last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down