The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WC standard strength and fitness levels?

+6
rodders
Bullsbok
welshy824
RubyGuby
disneychilly
Geordie
10 posters

Go down

WC standard strength and fitness levels? Empty WC standard strength and fitness levels?

Post by Geordie Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

Im curious to know what sort of strength and fitness levels most of the WC players are at.

Whats the bleep test levels?
Bench press / Squat / Dead lift levels?

And what its like positionally...ie Fly halfs, Props etc.

Anyone any idea...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

WC standard strength and fitness levels? Empty Re: WC standard strength and fitness levels?

Post by disneychilly Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

McCaw did 21 I think.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

WC standard strength and fitness levels? Empty Re: WC standard strength and fitness levels?

Post by RubyGuby Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Biltonbek will provide you with the stats for each player soon along with their diet, inside leg measurements and favourite TV show thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

i know for u16's wales cap you need to get level 11 on the bleep test- (i got bloody 10 during the fitness tests =( )

yeh so totally irrelavent info there!

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Biltonbek will provide you with the stats for each player soon along with their diet, inside leg measurements and favourite TV show thumbsup

Dont tempt him censored heck he might be doing just that right this moment
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

Heres the minimum standards for the boks from the 2007 RWC:

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/union/testing-springboks.htm
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:10 pm

What I find amusing is Props,that can bench press an Elephant,but can`t scrummage worth a damn.
That for all there superior fitness many of them are totally wiped at the 50 minute mark.What will be really interesting,if they can go 120 minutes,then a further 10 minutes sudden death.Then finally compete in a drop goal shoot out to decide the RWC.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:14 pm

If we have a shootout with drop goals or dwarf tossing, I will not be amused. That might be an OK way to end a match in soccer, but not in Rugby.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:22 am

One alternative I've heard is to start reducing players on the pitch. That way it tests fitness and still maintains that the outcome will be decided with all rugby skills, rather than mimicking football. If you didn't stipulate the positions teams had to remove in order,it would also test out the coaches strategically.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:50 am

Amused or not,that is the RWC recipe as prescribed for RWc

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 25 Sep 2011, 1:24 am

doctor_grey wrote:If we have a shootout with drop goals or dwarf tossing, I will not be amused. That might be an OK way to end a match in soccer, but not in Rugby.

That's why gatland didn't bring Nuggett on tour because he missed his drop kick in a big final drop-kick-off

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down