The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues v Munster 14 wins on the bounch

+15
wales606
Thomond
Artful_Dodger
Cymroglan
red_stag
ME-109
MrsP
BATH_BTGOG
Notch
Irish Curry
Shifty
Cari
Rory_Gallagher
rodders
BlueMuff
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cardiff Blues v Munster 14 wins on the bounch - Page 3 Empty Cardiff Blues v Munster 14 wins on the bounch

Post by BlueMuff Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Munster going for 13 wins a row and having only conceded 1 try in 6 matches.

Thats its so it'll be a Cardiff win....

Munster team news is that Barnes is back in the centre. Williams starts at SH and Munster front row of Archer, Sherry and Du Preez.

Match at 7.30 on RTE2

Last edited by BlueMuff on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Munster 14 wins on the bounch - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Munster 14 wins on the bounch

Post by Irish Curry Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

Blues must feel hard done by alright, Munster were lucky either way though.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues v Munster 14 wins on the bounch - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues v Munster 14 wins on the bounch

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Cardiff missed so many opportunities- they were unlucky with the TMO because they were so close but they had the winning of it, if they were only more clinical.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Ha ha. Great win. Cardiff were inept. Munster didnt have to do anything.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Very poor refereeing but Ive no sympathy for Cardiff. They could have easily won it anyway. A better team would have.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

BBC Wales are just talking about the referee. No mention of the knock-ons, forward passes, pass to nobody, missed kicks etc. from the Cardiff Blues.

It's kind of shameful, to be perfectly honest.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

Munster were rubbish the Blues were not much better but the ref simply did not want the Blues to win.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

Were the forward passes not called by the TJs?

Surely these commentators need to catch themselves on.

They have talked more about the ref than the rugby.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

red_stag wrote:Very poor refereeing but Ive no sympathy for Cardiff. They could have easily won it anyway. A better team would have.

I was astounded when the Cardiff coach came out and said his side did everything right.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Ah the 'biased' referee excuse trotted out again Rolling Eyes
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

I think the ref let the Blues away with quite a lot to be honest, especially at the breakdown in the first half.

Maybe should of been a Munster yellow earlier.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

no offence DOD but I don't think 3 disallowed tries and 1 actual try....to absolutely none from Munster is inept. Not very clinical perhaps, but think inept is an overexaggeration there.

I really liked and appreciated how the Blues went out there to play rugby, to move the ball and really get things going. They can take a lot from this match but in the end just not good enough. Need to improve before their next match for sure and take their chances.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

I have to say I feel for Cardiff. Munster were very poor but Keatleys kicking was 1st class. ROG will have a fight on his hands for his jersey...if he decides to play on thats is Wink

Hurley was very good too I thought but the motm was the referee.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

Do people honestly think the ref had an agenda against the Blues? Seems incredibly far-fetched.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

Notch wrote:BBC Wales are just talking about the referee. No mention of the knock-ons, forward passes, pass to nobody, missed kicks etc. from the Cardiff Blues.

It's kind of shameful, to be perfectly honest.

The coach mentioned those and Rob Jones has been going on about the Blues not taking their chances and that it wasn't good enough. So they are hardly just talking about the referee, unless you mean Phil Steele, but he's just a bit rubbish anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

I think you will find that within the rules of the game we could be watching that game for another 20-30mins and cardiff would still not win

Reffing was disgraceful. Left Cardiff create a mess at the breakdown. Not rolling away all night. Also should have been a penalty to munster at the end for holding on.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

[quote="MrsP"][b]Were the forward passes not called by the TJs?[/b]

Surely these commentators need to catch themselves on.

They have talked more about the ref than the rugby.[/quote]

Yeah I think that was the case alright which is a bit strange.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:no offence DOD but I don't think 3 disallowed tries and 1 actual try....to absolutely none from Munster is inept. Not very clinical perhaps, but think inept is an overexaggeration there.

It's unlucky to have come so close to scoring on three occasions and be denied. If even one of those chances had been converted Blues would be worthy winners.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Well, it would have to be the ref, the TMO and the 2 TJs!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Notch wrote:Do people honestly think the ref had an agenda against the Blues? Seems incredibly far-fetched.

Well Notch lets just say I don't think he'll be having to buy his own pints in Limerick for a while Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

Yes rodders clearly wanting munster to win

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:08 pm

DOD wrote:Rodders wants munster to win. Funniest thing i have heard this evening

And me..... Sinsero in disguise Very Happy

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:11 pm

Whats the issue with the ref anyhow. TMO correctly dissallowed 2 tries. Called 3 forward passes correctly.

Missed Cardiff holding on at the end but nobody is perfect.

Great 4 points for Munster

14 wins in a row - incredible

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:12 pm

DOD,most Irish fans support all the provinces, if Leinster/Connacht/Ulster are playing against some other team I hope they win,stop stirring.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:13 pm

Ask Sin E lads, he knows how much I love Munster Hug

Yous boys have got a wee persecution complex I think Wink.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:16 pm

roddersm wrote:Ask Sin E lads, he knows how much I love Munster Hug

Yous boys have got a wee persecution complex I think Wink.

More like chip on shoulder Whistle

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

Some very poor decisions from the ref

2 forward passes went backwards (including the last one which would have levelled the score with a conversion to come)

It also looked like Hobbs had the ball on the tryline, but the TMO didnt award it.

The TJs didnt do anything to help the ref.

Munster should have had a yellow card at 70mins, they werent warned all night, despite giving away as many penalties as the Blues, and most of those at the breakdown.

Very dissappointed with that game.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

wales606 wrote:
2 forward passes went backwards (including the last one which would have levelled the score with a conversion to come)

I really don't think so.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:21 pm

yeah Wales606 the last one looked forward to me in all fairness. A close one, but forward never the less. It didn't have to be either, just a bit of a rushed pass by Fish is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:22 pm

Not at all rodders. Your two faced postings are highly entertaining, especially the oh yes i support munster...but (add your own excuse here).

BM I wouldn't accuse him of being sincero yet. He doesn't do that overly violent approach yet. But worth keeping an eye on for sure

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:28 pm

Keep it friendly please everyone. Attack the argument not the poster remember. If you don't agree with an opinion then state your own and the reasons why, don't descend into insults please. It's highly unnecessary on what's been a very good thread. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

DOD wrote:Not at all rodders. Your two faced postings are highly entertaining, especially the oh yes i support munster...but (add your own excuse here).

BM I wouldn't accuse him of being sincero yet. He doesn't do that overly violent approach yet. But worth keeping an eye on for sure

DOD let me clear the confusion for you. I do support Munster. I support all of the Irish provinces, although obviously not against Ulster. Above all I support Ireland and Irish rugby. If you can ever find a post were I have wished an Irish team, especially Munster to fail then please point it out to me.

I post my views within the context of the thread therefore If I criticise a Munster player it does not mean I do not like or support Munster any more than if I critcise an Ulster player. If that is two faced,well, feck it.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:19 pm

red_stag wrote:
wales606 wrote:

I really don't think so.

Ref called 3 forward passes against Cardiff and all three were forward. 2 were clearly forward and the last was marginal.

TMOs decisions were spot on.

He could have carded players from both teams before he did.

All in all great defensive display from Munster. Cardiff could have won it and would have been well worth the win but they just werent as clinical as Munster when it came to taking points.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:59 pm

Anyone know what happened to POM, looked really shaken going off? I was very impressed with him again, made some brilliant tackles and was strong in contact again with some nice carries.

On the ref, he should have yellowed ronan but besides that I don't see why munster should have had another yellow besides the keatley one. Cardiff gave away a lot of penalties in a short amount time and could have had a warning but I prefer when the ref doesn't start flashing lots of yellows. In saying that the ref was fairly appalling but as usual munster were better adapting to it. He was letting no contest at all for the ball at the breakdown and it was obvious that munster realised this and stopped committing numbers whereas the blues where sending in lots of players and being penalised for it.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

Ref was MOTM as he was against the Ospreys the week before (in that game he was much much worse), this guy should be reffing at a lower level such as under 12's. I thought the TV commentators were justified with reporting what they saw. Yes the Blues should have won, Munster were once in the Blues 25 but 1m and gave a penalty away!. I did not have problems with the TMO but the last move looked flat or slightly forward but it is hard to take when a few move earlier there were two knock ons and they were called back wards. I could not believe there was no yellow card under the posts etc, etc.

This ref and some others are wrecking a good competition and the paying public deserve better.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

I wouldn't put all the blame at the ref, but he was caught flustered a few times, Tito and co. got his back up early on and from then on in every 50/50 went against the blues, including the forward passes and the TMO decision, all of which were very close calls, sadly the killing the ball under your own posts when theres a 4 on 1 overlap is a stone cold yellow, and maybe even a penalty try, I've seen them given.

My point is the Blues behaviour was too poor and the more things went against them the worse they got compounding the problem, as I tell my team 'losers whinge, winners adapt!' And sadly that kind of compounds the whole problem in welsh rugby!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

I'd also like to add, Scarlets play Leinster today with an Irish ref? Who reffed the Blues game v Munster? and last week Ulster had an Irish ref v the Blues too.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

The referee was equally as shocking to both teams, should have binned the munster player for the cynical penalty under the posts though.

What i will say, though, the final forward pass to cuthbert would have been given in the super15 and lauded as a 'superb try'. Just goes to show the different emphasis on the laws by SH/NH referees.

But yeah, this ref should go back to the junior level to smarten up, both teams were as bad as each other and he did nothing about it.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3