The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll

+3
Critical_mass
Fernando
Alessandro Ciambella
7 posters

Go down

Were the stewards right?

Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll Vote_lcap60%Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 9 ]
Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll Vote_lcap40%Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 15

Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll Empty Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 19:03

Bonjourno!

Simple question:-

Irrespective of what ever has happened before, were the stewards right to give Hamilton a drive thru penalty today after his attempted overtake destroyed any chance of a top 6 finish for Massa?

Feel free to explain what you have chosen and why.

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll Empty Re: Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 19:08

Yes, in my honest, unbiased opinion I believe the incident caused Massa's race more damage than it cost Hamilton.

Before this, Massa had good pace and the puncture probably caused mass damage to under car aero devices. Probably explaining why he never had the same pace again.

The time is took for him to get back to the pits, plus the fact he had to make another stop, so soon after the end of his 1st stint makes it a no brainer and to punish Hamilton.

Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll Empty Re: Singapore GP 2011 Hamilton Incident Poll

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 19:29

Personally if Massa didnt have any damage to his tyres or car i wouldn't have given hamilton a drive through.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 19:44

Agree with you Fernando 100%.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 19:52

But like what i said before, ITS ABOUT CONSISTANCY!

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 19:56

Critical_mass wrote:But like what i said before, ITS ABOUT CONSISTANCY!

Your ignoring the point of the article CM.

Irrespective of what ever has happened before would you have given him a penalty? we're talking one incident not the rest of the season.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 20:01

i have to agree Hamilton did not deserve a drive through for that , it was a racing Incident and massa over reacted

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 20:03

fernando wrote:
Critical_mass wrote:But like what i said before, ITS ABOUT CONSISTANCY!

Your ignoring the point of the article CM.

Irrespective of what ever has happened before would you have given him a penalty? we're talking one incident not the rest of the season.

Thats impossible to do though as it the past DID happen and could still tip peoples opinions either way.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 20:09

Like the past has tipped yours Critical Mass?

If there was no damage to Massa's car Lewis would of been penalised with his broken wing. End of it. No stewards, job done.

Instead, Massa has his whole race compromised. If it were the other way around I would applaud the stewards for punishing Massa and commiserate about Hamiltons race being ruined.

I just wonder is qualifying yesterday had any bearing on this decision.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 20:13

Yeah i was just about to say that actually.

The problem is and this includes myself. We've already established our opinions on the matter due to the past.

To be fair and i'll openly admit this, Lewis probably did deserve the penalty. but for me its a bitter pill to swallow.

Im not sure i believe you when you say you would have applauded the stewards had they punished Massa.

What concerns me more is the lack of consistancy in the punishment of drivers.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 20:34

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Yes, in my honest, unbiased opinion I believe the incident caused Massa's race more damage than it cost Hamilton.

Before this, Massa had good pace and the puncture probably caused mass damage to under car aero devices. Probably explaining why he never had the same pace again.

The time is took for him to get back to the pits, plus the fact he had to make another stop, so soon after the end of his 1st stint makes it a no brainer and to punish Hamilton.

Honest, unbiased opinion about Hamilton from you Alessandro Smile . Don't make me laugh.

I do not believe he deserved a penalty for the incident. It was a racing incident. After all the stewards haven't punished drivers for the exact same things. Last season, Hamilton's race ended when Webber shunted him and nothing happened. So, being consistent, I would put that down as a racing incident

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 21:00

But these guys arent interested in consistancy.

But that is all we ask.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 21:16

I wouldn't have given him it, but the real issue (far bigger than any penalty) is that he is out of control. The qualifying incident was apalling and taken together with this he's lost it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 15:03

IF he hadn't punctured Massa's tyre into the bargain, I'd have just called it a racing incident, but sadly, he ruined Felipe's race too, so I think the stewards got it right (for once).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 15:11

seriously Bogbrush listen to yourself. This is formula 1 motor racing, not some casual afternoon drive. Your complaining about Hamilton's performance in qualifying stating 'he was out of control'. Your forgetting that the timer is running out for the session, massa and alonso were pissing about, hamilton wanted to get on with his lap and actually set a time that could beat vettel. He didnt even touch massa yet you think he nearly killed him. seriously there a some idiots watching f1. wake up

Last edited by fernando on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 15:26; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted insult)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down