The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zack Ryder

+7
NickisBHAFC
MetalMotty
talkingpoint
Kenny
psycho-gooner
Kay Fabe
sodhat
11 posters

Go down

Zack Ryder Empty Zack Ryder

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

Well it seems to me that Zack Ryder is starting to get the attention of HHH and Vince, and he is receiving a push of sorts, and it could culminate in him being the US Champion soon.

I wonder, though, what people think of him away from all the hype and his youtube show? How do you rate him, and where do you think he could get to?

I think he may have found his level, a solid midcard position, with a decent characted that is at least a little different to what we have seen. Naturally he lends himself as a face, but I do think he could mix it up and add some heelish traits in there, so in a sense he's versatile...

He isn't as 'over' as I might have expected right now, given all the hype of his show, and although his youtube show is pretty big and earned him fans and a push, I still get the feeling he isn't known by a fair few of the WWE fans, and many may be totally oblivious to why this goofy guy is being put on RAW each week now!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Zack Ryder Empty Re: Zack Ryder

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

His show isn't exactly new but he was using YouTube to do little shows for years, he and Curt Hawkins where doing them for a long while before and after the initial Edgeheads stuff peaked.

I rate both of them highly, maybe not as top guys but I remember about 3 years ago saying that they have the same kind of attraction as Edge & Christian, those guys should have been the WWE's blue print for them, I still think it's Ryder's best chance long term, I'd say Ryder is as over as he could be right now given his lack of TV exposure, Hawkins is very witty and goofy too, both could do well playing off each other

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

I've never been a huge fan of Ryder, I think he's a little overrated

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

It does seem like he will at least get a shot at Zigglers US title , not sure id give him the belt though .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

I think they will give him the belt eventually, not that it will mean much really. US/IC champions are ten a penny it seems, and I can't keep up with who's won it and who's feuding with who!

I wonder whether they will rebrand the Ryder/Hawkins team gaffer? If not Hawkins must be looking over his shoulder and expecting to be FE'd.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

Nothing suggests that they are interested in putting them back together, they did team up a couple of times on SuperStars a while back but I think that was more conveinence than plan, the only hope of them getting back together would be if Ryder got him more involved on his web show

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

As for the IC/US titles, I think Dolph and Cody have really done well making them look important, I like seeing guys wear belts rather than use them as fashion accessories around their shoulder

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

Ryder probably deserves this push at the moment as he has put himself out there and been proactive in exposing himself. In one of HHH's most recent interviews he speaks of mid carders not having enough get up and go about them, so at least Ryder is trying. But no he is not main event or world champion material, at least not with his current gimmick. Of course he could always change his gimmick to become edgier in future but at the moment I think he deserves to be in the mix for the US title.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

i like the z true long island story and think its been great tool in getting him over.
i still think that his character needs work its good to be goofy etc but if he wants to progress more would probably have to be more serious. #Areyouseriousbro
yup also think he is still got alot to learn in the ring, even though he has been wrestling a number of years.

see him as an up coming star and as stated by others he has done well to get over especially as he has very little tv exposure.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

I really like him, he is one of a rare few superstars that acctually make me laugh. His in ring skills are ok and i think he does indeed some sort of mid card push

WO WO WO YOU KNOW IT !

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

Or

WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:01 am

the-gaffer wrote:As for the IC/US titles, I think Dolph and Cody have really done well making them look important, I like seeing guys wear belts rather than use them as fashion accessories around their shoulder

Mark Henry hasnt really got a choice though lol!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

I still think that the primary reason for his push is that comic relief #1 (Santino Marella) is not available at the moment.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

I don't think he is the same standard of joke Santino is/was which could stand him in good stead

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

I hope they don't consign him to the novelty act bin along with Hornswoggle and Santino, it'll kill his chances at ever doing anything worthwhile. He'd get plenty of TV time, but it would seem a monumental waste of his potential.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Nothing suggests that they are interested in putting them back together, they did team up a couple of times on SuperStars a while back but I think that was more conveinence than plan, the only hope of them getting back together would be if Ryder got him more involved on his web show

Hawkins is tagging with Tyler Reks.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

Yeah I saw them on RAW in a backstage segment, doubt they'll take it anywhere though, Reks and that jobber who won NXT where a pretty good team in FCW, just two big aggressivw badasses, like a toned down version of the APA

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 02 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

Zack Ryder is funny for all

Santino is simply for kids in my view

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 02 Oct 2011, 5:34 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Zack Ryder is funny for all

Santino is simply for kids in my view

Agreed, but had Santino not got injured, I doubt that there would have been as much screen time available for Zack to exploit.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down