The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened?

+2
bogbrush
bradman99.94
6 posters

Go down

What happened? Empty What happened?

Post by bradman99.94 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

I realise that in the great scheme of things tennis that this is pretty trivial but I noticed that Dan Cox, ranked 337 lost 6-0 6-0 in the first round of the current Futures in US to a qualifier ranked 1146; anyone know what happened, was he ill?

bradman99.94

Back to top Go down

What happened? Empty Re: What happened?

Post by bogbrush Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

He probably sent his Dad, nobody would know.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:42 pm

Nothing surprising really. The pyramid to the top is very flat in tennis. the ranking is made up by the number of tournament played rather than your real level and the number of tournaments you play is down to your finances. In France for instance many could be ranked higher that they are but the Federeration can't finance them all so only a few get the money to try their chance on the tour. I would not be surprised if it was the same in the US where the federation is probably even less helping. In teh UK, it;s the opposite. They have plenty of cash but short of prospects....though it looks they are finally coming up.

So that 's one reason, the other as BB said, his dad may have played instead or he simply was still jet lagged.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:59 pm

bogbrush wrote:He probably sent his Dad, nobody would know.

BB,
I thought you'd at least get yourself on the scoreboard laughing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:58 am

Tenez wrote:In France for instance many could be ranked higher that they are but the Federeration can't finance them all so only a few get the money to try their chance on the tour. I would not be surprised if it was the same in the US where the federation is probably even less helping.

Is this a Freudian slip, perhaps? Very Happy

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

noleisthebest wrote:
bogbrush wrote:He probably sent his Dad, nobody would know.

BB,
I thought you'd at least get yourself on the scoreboard laughing

Ah, perhaps once..................... :wistful look:

I once worked with a guy who had been the Junior Champion of Sudan (hey, you get to be the Junior champion of anything and you've got to be a player!). I played him twice, beat him in 5 gruelling sets first time, lost is straights the second. The first match was the highest standard of tennis I think I ever played. I was serving absolute bombs and one ace out wide on the ad court (I'm a right hander so no leftie spin there) was so good it seemed to land near to halfway up the box and carried on out, at real pace. He said he'd played a few low rank pros and said he'd never played with anyone who could have returned it.

Ahhhhh, those were the days.......
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

He obviously had no breakfast and felt it's in his best interest to order 2 bagels.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum