The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there is conspiracy to build up my confidence that Wales can go all the way?

+14
Biltong
MMC
wales606
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Notch
tomhughesnice
TheGreyGhost
mrsuperclear
rodders
mckay1402
Feckless Rogue
englandglory4ever
Poorfour
Eclipse
18 posters

Go down

Is there is conspiracy to build up my confidence that Wales can go all the way? Empty Is there is conspiracy to build up my confidence that Wales can go all the way?

Post by Eclipse Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:47 am

I'm very worried by my confidence. I'm not saying we're going to win the whole thing but everything that has happened so far has built my confidence and it's a feeling I'm not used too. No doubt something will happen to dent that soon but I'm going to make the most of it while it lasts.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Is there is conspiracy to build up my confidence that Wales can go all the way? Empty Re: Is there is conspiracy to build up my confidence that Wales can go all the way?

Post by Poorfour Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:57 am

So you think the team that couldn't quire beat SA has what it takes to beat the team that did beat Australia? Not sure I'm with you on that.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Is there is conspiracy to build up my confidence that Wales can go all the way? Empty Re: Is there is conspiracy to build up my confidence that Wales can go all the way?

Post by englandglory4ever Sat 01 Oct 2011, 12:05 pm

"No doubt something will happen to dent that soon ..."

I think there is no doubt too.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 01 Oct 2011, 12:09 pm

Wales are playing well. France are playing terribly, England are winning but not convincingly. Ireland catapulted Australia out of your side of the draw. So yes, a lot of things have happened that should make the Welsh feel more confident of a final than they were.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 12:37 pm

agreed. its 50/50 against ireland but i do reckon wales have the edge just. After some really physical games they will be well up for it. if byrne gets some form back he will be invaluable. wales have really missed him hitting the line at pace. can't wait for the fiji game now
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

If Wales keep playing the way they are then they'll be in the final.

The other sides in that side of the draw all need to improve to have a chance IMHO.

Ireland v Wales was a 50/50 game until Kidney relinquished responsibility and control of Ireland selection to Ronan O'Gara. There's too many egos and politics in the Ireland camp whereas Gatland has got it spot on by picking on form rather than reputation.

As much as it pains me to say it I can't see us getting beyond a QF, if we can get past Italy.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:14 pm

roddersm wrote:If Wales keep playing the way they are then they'll be in the final.

The other sides in that side of the draw all need to improve to have a chance IMHO.

Ireland v Wales was a 50/50 game until Kidney relinquished responsibility and control of Ireland selection to Ronan O'Gara. There's too many egos and politics in the Ireland camp whereas Gatland has got it spot on by picking on form rather than reputation.

As much as it pains me to say it I can't see us getting beyond a QF, if we can get past Italy.

Rodders, have you taken an overdose of pessimism pills recently? Gibson needs to grab you by the scruff of the neck and yell BELIIIIIIIIIIIVE into your face for several hours straight by the sounds of things. Can I just pick you up on the part of your statement I've highlighted there as well? Your inference is that Kidney isn't picking players on form obviously. With the exception of Trimble that is, with all respect, bullshoite Rodders. Sexton has missed more kicks than dear Johnny and, in a match which has been very close in recent meetings, ROG nailing penalties is needed. Added to that, ROG is probably playing some of the best stuff of his life. Are you a blue tinted Leinsterman exiled up in Ulster or something Rodders? Whistle devil Sorry

On the Welsh, of course they should be optimistic they'll get to the final. They beat us in the six nations last year and England and France really look poor. However, they'll have to play as well as they did against SA in my opinion as Kidney, despite Rodders lack of belief, will have them just as pumped for that match as they were for Australia. There's plenty of doubt about Ireland's ability to perform consistently but a semi-final was Kidney's target from day one and this world cup is the be all and end all for Deccie really. Whatever happens, it will be a great match, and I'll be thoroughly looking forward to it once we both get past Italy and Fiji.

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Eclipse wrote:I'm very worried by my confidence. I'm not saying we're going to win the whole thing but everything that has happened so far has built my confidence and it's a feeling I'm not used too. No doubt something will happen to dent that soon but I'm going to make the most of it while it lasts.

Only if you've been trapped in a cellar for the last few weeks and haven't seen any of the rugby.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

mrsuperclear wrote:
roddersm wrote:If Wales keep playing the way they are then they'll be in the final.

Rodders, have you taken an overdose of pessimism pills recently? Gibson needs to grab you by the scruff of the neck and yell BELIIIIIIIIIIIVE into your face for several hours straight by the sounds of things. Can I just pick you up on the part of your statement I've highlighted there as well? Your inference is that Kidney isn't picking players on form obviously. With the exception of Trimble that is, with all respect, bullshoite Rodders. Sexton has missed more kicks than dear Johnny and, in a match which has been very close in recent meetings, ROG nailing penalties is needed. Added to that, ROG is probably playing some of the best stuff of his life. Are you a blue tinted Leinsterman exiled up in Ulster or something Rodders? Whistle devil Sorry

Laugh I hope you are right! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

I think all of Wales, Ireland and England are in with a shot a the final on the NH side imo. Not France though, they havnt clicked at all this competition and they have problems off the pitch and losing to Tonga is massive blow as I seriously doubt any of the other qualified NH teams would have lost that game.

As an Englishman I agree with the general sentiment that Ireland and Wales are looking good and I see England being knocked out by one of these two in the Semi Final.. But for the Wales vs Ireland game, it really is a 50 / 50 call that one. I imagine the margin of victory will be about 3 points as its so evenly matched.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

Rodders, you're a good lad but you do talk some tom kite like! Whistle

I don't really understand the question here; do you think South Africa, Samoa, Australia and Ireland all got together and planned this as an elaborate practical joke? Smile

If so, it is a good one like.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 01 Oct 2011, 1:56 pm

Poorfour wrote:So you think the team that couldn't quire beat SA has what it takes to beat the team that did beat Australia? Not sure I'm with you on that.

As an enthusiast of the game "paper rock scissors" Id point out that the team that beat australia lost to the team that didnt beat SA last time they played

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 2:34 pm

Wales haven't beaten Fiji yet!

They played well but were beaten by a seriously off-colour SA.
They squeezed past Samoa.
They beat the worst side in the tournament by some distance (Namibia).

Cool your boots lads.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 3:35 pm

For me, the winner of Wales vs Ireland will be in the final (sorry, but England and France have been very poor)

So, in that respect, Wales are 1 win from a WC final, and its against a team they have already beaten this year and who they know how to play against, not to mention Ireland's variable form in and before the WC.

If you look at it that way....im happy.

Unfortunetly, I think we will lose to Ireland.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Sat 01 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

Notch wrote:Rodders, you're a good lad but you do talk some tom kite like! Whistle

I don't really understand the question here; do you think South Africa, Samoa, Australia and Ireland all got together and planned this as an elaborate practical joke? Smile

If so, it is a good one like.

Since when are you from Cork, Notch? Wink
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 4:48 pm

I JUST CANT BELIEVE WE GOT OUT OF THE GROUP!! Yahoo
Anything else is just a bonus,the Ireland game will be seriously tough and i would say the Irish are easy favourites going into the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm

Wales aren't out of the group yet.

A bonus point win for Fiji (while denying Wales a losing bonus point) puts Fiji through doesn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

Confidence is overrated, you could have had to play against OZ in the quarters and NZ in the semi's. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:14 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Wales aren't out of the group yet.

A bonus point win for Fiji (while denying Wales a losing bonus point) puts Fiji through doesn't it?

If they also win by 39 points...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Wales aren't out of the group yet.

Fiji need a points difference of >38 for the game and then Samoa go through, for Fiji themselves to go through they have to beat wales by upwards of 120 points. That could only happen if we fielded 15 Lee Byrnes, luckily we do not have that strength in depth. So I can safely say that we are probably through in the absence of a non-Lee-Byrne flu epidemic and the quick invention of a clone-ing machine by Cardiff Uni that is not booked for sick and depraved Katherine Jenkins experiments.

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

Head to head counts before points difference if the teams are tied on game points.

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:19 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Head to head counts before points difference if the teams are tied on game points.

Fiji - 5
Wales - 10

5+4+1=10

10=10

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:21 pm

Ah, so if it's a 3-way tie it goes to points difference between the 3 sides as it's scissor/paper/stone in the results between them?

Back to top Go down

Post by iso Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

Yeah the best Fiji can do for table points is a three way tie.

Wales are >38 over Sam & >120 ish over Fiji.

iso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:27 pm

Right. Wales are through then Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:28 pm

One thing that is for certain, I am glad I put my tenner on us to win at 40/1 when I did LOL
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 5:56 pm

Wales will not lose to Fiji, Wales will beat them and beat them convincingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sat 01 Oct 2011, 6:01 pm

Not.sure why wales are so confident really. samoa should have won that game if the try was allowed and had a kicker. very lucky not to get a yellow or two as well. where this cnfidence.coming.from

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

by Riskysports Today at 7:01 pm

Not.sure why wales are so confident really. samoa should have won that game if the try was allowed and had a kicker. very lucky not to get a yellow or two as well. where this cnfidence.coming.from
--------------------------------------------

Would have should have could have but didn't!

Wales by 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 01 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

Why shouldn't Wales be confident.

After a big raucous about a certain penalty not being reviewed lady luck has put them in the right side of the draw courtesy of an Ireland win vs Australia.

They now have an easier draw having to face a team they would fancy their chances more than australia, and then play england/france who they have a much better chance against than New zealand.

They can be more confident than OZ, ARG and SA of progressing further in the tournament.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 01 Oct 2011, 6:35 pm

Wales won't do it, lets be honest here.

Every Wales fan hoped we would make it to the quarters, we saw that as an excellent achievement, and it looks likely we have suceeded.
We wanted not to disgrace ourselves against South Africa which was accomplished and put to bed the humiliations against Island teams in 1991, 1999 and 2007.
Samoa have been dealt with and desevedly have had a boot up their backside and sent back to the islands they came from, the couldn't of an element of their players have been a disgrace. Samoa rely on tier 1 nations to throw them bones to stay in the International game, I wouldn;t throw them a rubber ring if they were drownding in the pacific ocean.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:03 am

Told you Wales 66 - randy Fiji a big fat ZERO!

Ireland next this game will be huge as Ireland look in amazing form,who ever wins this will make the final.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 02 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

roddersm wrote:
mrsuperclear wrote:

Laugh I hope you are right! guinness

Well by jeebus you were right! thumbsup

And to quote Notch I was talking complete Tom Kite! laughing

Actually it was all just reverse psychology to get a big game out of ROG ......Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:27 am

The conspiracy goes on. A lot of people on here seemed to delight in telling any confident Welsh fans that we were deluded. I hope everyone will continue to underestimate us but I think we've come out from under the radar. I'm still not sure I believe we can go all the way but I believe the players do and that's a massive thing.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:45 am

Eclipse wrote:The conspiracy goes on. A lot of people on here seemed to delight in telling any confident Welsh fans that we were deluded.

Cough, cough...not me Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down