The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v England semi final..who will win?

+15
mankiaow
Taffineastbourne
mystiroakey
dubh_linn
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
EnglishReign
mckay1402
samuraidragon
Cymroglan
dogtooth
aitchw
doctornickolas
Shifty
ME-109
19 posters

Go down

Wales v England semi final..who will win? Empty Wales v England semi final..who will win?

Post by ME-109 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

While betting on Eng land to beat France looks like a relatively safe bet, it is also clear from posters this morning that Ireland might as well not turn up next weekend. I tend to agree we have done as well as can be expected and clearly winning our group while only beating those minnows like the tri nations champions means we havent a hope. Anyway I like wales they're great.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Wales v England semi final..who will win? Empty Re: Wales v England semi final..who will win?

Post by Shifty Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

It's a paper, scissors, rock discussion.
I think England and Ireland will slow down our ball and strangle us out of the games to be honest, we can't compete in trench warfare rugby.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wales v England semi final..who will win? Empty Re: Wales v England semi final..who will win?

Post by doctornickolas Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

Shall we worry about next week first.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:42 am

Alyn, why so downbeat. I'm not given to feeding the more normal Welsh optimism but of the three Wales look the more complete package. As things stand I would not expect England to beat Ireland or Wales and if you can maintain the energy and accuracy you should edge Ireland. Going to be tough though.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:55 am

i am not confident we will beat ireland next week. ireland cannot rely on being the more experienced side although this is clearly in their favour. ireland will bring a game plan for beating an exciting and powerfull welsh xxii. i think ireland have a better than even chance.

if wales win, (and it is wales' biggest if of the tournament so far), if wales win i cannot see england posing much of a threat. sorry england but you are barely at the races in this rwc.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:58 am

South Africa are a very experienced side and we came withing a whisker of beating them.
Our side may be young but they are not playing like headless chickens they know what they need to do.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:59 am

The two semi-finals will be

England v Ireland
SA v NZ

Final will probably be England v NZ.

NZ may sneak the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:00 pm

Cymroglan wrote:South Africa are a very experienced side and we came withing a whisker of beating them.
Our side may be young but they are not playing like headless chickens they know what they need to do.

true, but experience is a factor. it was quite possibly the deciding factor in the wales sa game.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:02 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:The two semi-finals will be

England v Ireland
SA v NZ

NZ may sneak the win.

i am sure you have your tounge firmly in your cheek.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:03 pm

dogtooth wrote:

England v Ireland
SA v NZ

NZ may sneak the win.

What, you don't think NZ will win? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:04 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
dogtooth wrote:

England v Ireland
SA v NZ

NZ may sneak the win.

Very Happy
however...
no i dont. i think southafrica will win.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:09 pm

This has become a vary interesting competition. The team left with the highest probability of beating the ABs is the Boks. If the Boks did get to the final, they would be favourites to win, but the NH team opposing them would have a chance. If the ABs get to the final, there is no chance of them slipping up to a NH team.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:10 pm

dogtooth wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
dogtooth wrote:

England v Ireland
SA v NZ

NZ may sneak the win.

Very Happy
however...
no i dont. i think southafrica will win.
Ah, another SA/England final. The neutrals won't like that! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:19 pm

Odd I haven't seen anyone saying Wales will win.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

Some things don't need saying when they are glaringly obvious Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

Arrogance.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

its been a great rwc so far. the knockouts should be great
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

I think the Final could be a repeat of 2007 Rugby World Cup final myself.

England v South Africa( England win)Fingers crossed.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

I fancy the Boks to topple Australia but lose to NZ, other side of draw I honestly don't know so going with heart Wales.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by dubh_linn Sun 02 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

samuraidragon wrote:This has become a vary interesting competition. The team left with the highest probability of beating the ABs is the Boks. If the Boks did get to the final, they would be favourites to win, but the NH team opposing them would have a chance. If the ABs get to the final, there is no chance of them slipping up to a NH team.
without carter an (probably) mc caw nz look weak...slade is not up to steering nz to the final imo....unforyunately if nz dont have their two talismanic players they will scrape by argentina and then be beaten by a more experienced streetwise SA side(presuming the ausie pack struggle against the boks )
Going on current form i predict a SA v ireland final

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

dogtooth wrote:

England v Ireland
SA v NZ

NZ may sneak the win.

well although i dont agree that will happen, the odss will tell you that it is certainly the most likley outcome. so..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:23 pm

Fair play to Ireland for what they have achieved with their squad.They should be well pleased.Plucky doesnt do it justice.Considering their poor history and lack of funding they have done really well.I do hope that none of the big boys give them a pasting.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mankiaow Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:14 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:Fair play to Ireland for what they have achieved with their squad.They should be well pleased.Plucky doesnt do it justice.Considering their poor history and lack of funding they have done really well.I do hope that none of the big boys give them a pasting.

I sincerely hope this is a WUM.

mankiaow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:47 am

AlynDavies wrote:It's a paper, scissors, rock discussion.
I think England and Ireland will slow down our ball and strangle us out of the games to be honest, we can't compete in trench warfare rugby.

Yes we can, if we continue to take chances and score...we had very little possession for much of the Fiji game but looked dangerous whenever we had the ball. What we need to do is learn to retain the ball for longer periods, be patient and be more effective at the breakdown.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Mon 03 Oct 2011, 7:55 am

Whilst Wales have been playing some nice rugby and a brave defeat against SA I think they have a mighty stumbling block in the form of Ireland, who after that magnificent win against Australia have topped their group, undefeated, and despite their poor form prior to the RWC certainly seem to have struck gold at the moment.

Sorry Boyos but I just can't see you beating Ireland in the quarters.

So who do I think will win the Semi?

Ireland.

And I'm a England Fan!!
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:00 am

i have good money on ireland at 50's start of the tourny ,. also england at 19's after the argie game.

I think england would just squeak a win against ireland. But all the same no other team has performed against england as good as ireland did the the 6n gs decider- so i wouldnt be surpised.

I do find it funny how everyone is dismissing france mind, Alot of teams win WC's (in many sports) by having a shaky start.

France must not be dismissed- I think the majority of Irish are saying it because they would rather meet england in the semis!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:38 am

mystiroakey wrote:

France must not be dismissed- I think the majority of Irish are saying it because they would rather meet england in the semis!

You're probably right... although I guess most folk have fallen into the trap of dismissing France because they appear to be a team in terminal free fall at the moment. They have just been plain awful every match.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:43 am

they did enough against tonga, as bad as it was - they did enough.

I am offcourse going for england;. But this is not going to be easy. Both teams have been seen to only have done enough- or some posters think they have been lucky!

the fact remnains both teams are in the knock outs and both teams have the best NH rankings

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

The way I see it. Wales and Ireland are both in much better form than England in this world cup. Despite that being true England have dispatched of all opposition albeit not easily. In the end they have prevailed.

Coming back from 6 points down in two games takes a lot of balls.

England are a tough side to beat. No we aren't the best but we won't be pushovers.

Wales vs Ireland is too tough to call in my opinion. Both would be licking their lips at playing England in the semi but underestimate us at your peril.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:01 am

The fact of that matter is that Wales, Ireland, England and France are all capable of beating each other. Ireland and Wales are the form teams but this is a knockout competition now and form might not come into it. Its a pity Ireland and Wales were not split up here but all fans of each nation will be going into the 1/4's with optimism - Not much more to say really, you can debate till the cows come home there's nothing in it and its going to be on the day thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down