The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of the season (Early front runners?)

+13
Cymroglan
Poorfour
sirtidychris
yappysnap
DaveM
stnick88
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
stlowe
formerly known as Sam
Ozzy3213
beshocked
Cumbrian
Geordie
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Players of the season (Early front runners?) - Page 2 Empty Players of the season (Early front runners?)

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Its still early....and lots have been away for the World Cup, but who has impressed so far this season, and which players have been off the pace?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Players of the season (Early front runners?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Players of the season (Early front runners?)

Post by Cymroglan Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:38 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Whats the name of the young 8 (well he's prob about 24 now) at Leeds, who seems plagued by injuries.

Is he playing for Leeds this season....he looked a right prospect a few year back and a big lump to go with it

Danny Paul

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Players of the season (Early front runners?) - Page 2 Empty Re: Players of the season (Early front runners?)

Post by Geordie Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

Thats the fella...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

Cymroglan wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Whats the name of the young 8 (well he's prob about 24 now) at Leeds, who seems plagued by injuries.

Is he playing for Leeds this season....he looked a right prospect a few year back and a big lump to go with it

Danny Paul

Massive unit, but that for me is our problem. In too many positions we have big and cumbersome or small and tricky. We don't have enough in both. Our best athletes don't enter rugby, in Wales and New Zealand they do. One example is the young guy throwing discus. Of course he may have been a dud, but a man of those physical attributes needs to be encouraged to take up rugby as early as possible. 20 stone and under 11 secs in the 100 metres...and lost to rugby because of...discus.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/30/article-0-08EE9623000005DC-315_306x423.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-1262379/Daily-Mail-RBS-Finals-England-international-James-Haskell-hails-Cup-schools-descend-Twickenham.html&h=423&w=306&sz=42&tbnid=DIKVQJK1S9NBpM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=65&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlawrence%2Bokoye%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=lawrence+okoye&docid=Z5F88VwcmLHezM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YCuYTv_JAsnn-gbUrviyBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQ9QEwBA&dur=31

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 14 Oct 2011, 3:49 pm

Carl Fearns has been very impressive so far for Bath and certainly has the potential to play at No.8 for both England and Bath for a long time I think.
It certainly wouldnt be a surprise if he were to make the no.8 club shirt his own this season and then go on the 2012 summer tour.

I also agree that if Barritt carrys on the way he has started he should certainly be in the 6 nations team, he has looked very good so far.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

Not sure if Rabbo players count, but I think Rhys Webb needs a mention. In very fine form at the moment.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:52 pm

Australian cap Dave Lyons was Scarlets first choice 8 for most of last season but Morgan pushed him out of the side towards the end of the season with some very good performances.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2