The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh

+2
Rava
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
6 posters

Go down

Edinburgh Empty Edinburgh

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:08 pm

Just a quick question for any Edinburgh aficionados out there: did any teams pick up Alex Blair, Fraser Brown or Mark Robertson? Cheers

Also, SRU Chief Exec Mark Dodson commented: ""You don't have to be a genius in any sport to know that a crowd of 3,000 people in a 67,000-seater stadium is not fun. It's not conducive to the players feeling good about rolling out on the pitch and the consumer experience. But you've got to look for suitable alternatives, the cost of those alternatives and how you would fund that

"We are looking at several different issues as we speak and we will carry out an investigation of whether the alternatives will be good enough for the Edinburgh club.

"Every one of them I have seen up to now has benefits and drawbacks. I haven't seen a perfect site yet. But we are going to try and find a place."" - looks like Edinburgh will be moving from Murrayfield, probably for the best

Last edited by AsLongAsBut100ofUs on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Empty Re: Edinburgh

Post by Rava Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:16 am

Stephen Ferris picked up the three of them, carried them 792 metres and dumped them............................. Laugh
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by muzzer_mc Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Just a quick question for any Edinburgh aficionados out there: did any teams pick up Alex Blair, Fraser Brown or Mark Robertson? Cheers

Mark Robertson I believe is on a Scottish 7's contract

No idea what Blair or Brown are up to though never seen them in the Sale match day Squad (where they were once attached) thought i'm 99% sure I saw Alex Blair at the Edinburgh Vs Munster games on Friday night

muzzer_mc

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

muzzer, definitely neither at Sale OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by JayMaster3000 Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

Can't wait to see what ground they'll move to. Watching Edinburgh at home is just awful.

Better match day atmosphere would perhaps help attract more support anyway.

JayMaster3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

Robertson quit edinburgh to begin with citing long term injuries, with a view to coming back in the future, although hes either recovered quicker than expected, or lured back as hes on a sevens contract this year.

Shame, as I thought in the wake of Thom Evans' injury, he was the most obvious replacement, and if he had a strong 10/11 season, he could have broke into the squad for the world cup. His form dipped and then he picked up an injury and hasnt played since.

Not heard a peep about Alex Blair or Fraser Brown. Absolute shambles what happened to them however.,
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:31 pm

On the question to Edinburgh fans front, how is Shaun Knight playing?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down