The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales: who would you pick at fullback?

3 posters

Go down

15 - Hook, Byrne, Halfpenny - You decide!

Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Vote_lcap8%Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Vote_lcap28%Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]
Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Vote_lcap64%Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Empty Wales: who would you pick at fullback?

Post by slartibartfast Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:02 pm

options:

Hook
HalfPenny
Byrne

Hook: Sorry, the guy just can't tackle, if he's not playing 10 then don't pick him at all. At 15, how many times do you see him holding on to the legs of the try scorer in some vain attempt to show that "I did try to stop him, honest"
Halfpenny: Has a spring in his step, starting to remind me of Lord Shane of Try-ingdom again - still, he looks like a winger playing fullback and hasn't played there enough recently.
Byrne: Hasn't played much due to injury, and when he has played it was against "weak" oposition - well that may be the case, but I think his running angles and his defensive ability means he's worth a punt. Much better form than previous outings, and sound under the high ball.

One of the reason why Ireland are tipped to win is becuase of experience - well Byrne is our most experienced fullback at the moment

my starting back line would be
North
Byrne
Half penny

Bench
Shane Williams
Scot Williams

Hook has a reputation of being a class act - unfortunealty I've yet to see it - neither has scot Johnson for the Os or Gatland - they're trying to make him a fullback for some reason

Cmon Byrne - in you I trust
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Empty Re: Wales: who would you pick at fullback?

Post by gavstar Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 pm

i would have put 1/2p on the wing and byrne at fb. shane on the bench.hook, well not in the 22 for this game. i'm boring you all witless i know but steven jones was our insurance policy on the bench.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Wales: who would you pick at fullback? Empty Re: Wales: who would you pick at fullback?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Yep, agree with both:

Byrne
North
1/2p

Shane on the bench

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:58 pm

For me Byrne should start at FB, with Halfpenney as a second choice.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:54 am

looks like byrne hasnt many fans, as one poster said earlier today( could have been samuraidragon, not sure) dont always rate players on only the last 2 games---mmmmm is this a point worth noting.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down