The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title

+5
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Jimmy Moz
WelshDevilRob
eddyfightfan
AlexHuckerby
9 posters

Go down

Who Wins?

Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title Vote_lcap13%Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title Vote_lcap87%Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 24

Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title Empty Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:26 am

Providing Kell gets past Rafal on Saturday this fight will be in the offing, it will make Brook Senchenko's number 1 contender. Senchenko is unbeaten in 32 bouts and has defended his belt a few times now and should be facing his sternest test in Brook.
How we see it panning out will Brook prove himself against the unbeaten Ukranian? Or will Brook be exposed to be somewhat of a hype job?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title Empty Re: Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:55 am

not seen senchenko fight before, but checked his record and he has only boxed out of ukraine once, in russia against a 9-4-0 opponent. he hasnt boxed anyone of note, and seems to be very lucky. he won his IBF international title against a 4-1-0 opponent (who took him the full 12) and fought for a vacant euro title against someone 11-1-0. also since becoming IBF international champion he has fought a 0-2-0 and 0-1-0 opponent. seems uber protected. then when you add into the mix the fact that he only fought 6 rounds in 2011 you have to say brook will destroy him.

he won the WBA belt from a 38 year old opponent whos previous 2 opponents had records of 0-5-0 and 0-6-0. a prime example of meaningless champions, the only positive brook will get from the fight is a title to his name to get the big names.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title Empty Re: Kell Brook - Viacheslav Senchenko - WBA Welterweight Title

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 06 Oct 2011, 1:09 am

Most certainly he's a ridiculously protected champion and the reason as to why Brook and his people have started fighting under the WBA and getting ranked there they must have realised the guy is a bit of a bum.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

its a clever way to a title, but he's manadorty so cant blame him. think brooks class anyway though, and hope it could make khan think of taking the fight for his first step at 147 before mayweather, think the extra fight and training would be a great benfit to khan.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

and im assuming 2 people are taking the michael in the poll???

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

Senchenko is no great shakes and its the belt that Brook should aim for. Does Souleymane M'Baye still have a claim to the belt aswell?

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:19 pm

The fight is off.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 12:33 am

Jimmy Moz wrote:The fight is off.

What fight? confused.commed...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:44 am

Not seen a lot of Sencheno but from what I have seen I would say he is nothing special. I could see Kell stopping him pretty easily. It's a good fight for kell. It's one he should win relatively easily and makes him more marketable over here and more importantly in the U.S.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:54 am

Looks like the fight is on. I had heard Senchenko got a plastering job cash in hand today and couldnt make the fight as business comes first. Can of tomatos for breakfast anyone?

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

Apparently Froch is commentating the Brook fight, in case anyone's interested.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:09 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Apparently Froch is commentating the Brook fight, in case anyone's interested.

I found Macklin to be very good during the Martinez - Barker fight, didn't speak all that much but to be fair to him when he did he was very good, didn't waffle as much as Buncey does but thats not very hard...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:59 am

Brook would absolutely destroy senckeko this guy is not in his class thefight i would like to see is Brook v Khan but i do not think khan wants this fight

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:04 am

Lol.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

Waingro wrote:Brook would absolutely destroy senckeko this guy is not in his class thefight i would like to see is Brook v Khan but i do not think khan wants this fight

Kahn won't fight Brook because Brook offers him nothing. If that fight was to happen right now Brook would be lucky to get 10% of the purse. Khan has a good fan base after spending much of his early career on terrestrial TV along something Brook never did. Khan is also a draw in America Brook is unknown over there. Khan ducking Brook is a joke they aren't even at the same weight yet.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by cave_man_KO Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

I think Amir and Kell Brook are on two slightly different career paths, possibly as khan has said in the same way as hatton and witter.

I think this one could be for further down the line, let them both get established in the welters, which I see no reason for not happening.

Amir is way ahead in terms of expirience, and has the promotional and management team Kell can only dream of at the minute, plus the minor detail of Freddy Roach,

I'd prefer to see Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton before hand, as for me Amir has the beating of both of these. however the durable Hatton could stylistically give Amir some trouble.

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Post by IP75 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

Agree with some pundits to get Ortiz to England for Kell.

IP75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down