The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sit down on the couch and tell me what´s on your mind.

+2
Metal Tiger
kiakahaaotearoa
6 posters

Go down

Sit down on the couch and tell me what´s on your mind. Empty Sit down on the couch and tell me what´s on your mind.

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 06 Oct 2011, 6:11 pm

This session is designed to get things off your chest. Anything you say here will be held in the strictest confidence. So lie down and tell me what´s on your mind...

Patient 1 - Well, I guess I´m a short guy but I don't feel short. When I was younger I was one of the tallest kids in my class. But then everyone started overtaking me and I guess it hurt my confidence a lot. I've always been pretty active and I consider myself to be a keen sportsman. I feel I can compete with the bigger, faster guys and I reckon I can hold my own. My parents always placed a lot of pressure on me and got very disappointed when they felt I hadn´t lived up to their expectations, which was quite a lot. They felt I was capable of so much more and I seem to be always wanting to impress them but feel somehow I always fall just short. I know I can make them proud but I don´t know if I´ll be given an opportunity to show them...

Patient 2 - I was one of the first employees to start at my work. I´ve been around a while. I have my fair share of admirers. I think I´ve always got on well with my colleagues but I feel sometimes they don´t take me seriously. Anyway, recently I got a big promotion. It came as a big shock to quite a few but I thought I´d deserved it and it wasn´t anything special. But now I get the feeling that some colleagues are demanding bigger and better things from me. I still think I´m the same guy but people think I´ve changed drastically. I´m not getting any younger but I think I´ve got a lot to contribute still. I just feel as if I´ve been thrust into the limelight but I don´t think that spotlight should be shining on me. I´m still the same old me...

Patient 3 - I think I´m a good looking guy. Well, I am a good looking guy. I get plenty of attention from the women. I don´t go looking for their attention but I somehow end up being the centre of attention. But sometimes I think they just look at my good looks and body and don´t appreciate the real me. And though I seem to get plenty of attention, when I finally find a girl that I´m interested in and want to get to know more, I end up having problems in the, you know, the bedroom and I can´t seem to satisfy her. I guess I get so hung up on the fact that I really want this girl and that makes her all the more unobtainable for me.

Patient 4 - My wife just doesn´t get me. I think I have a lot to offer. I´m very successful, but people think I´m only interested in making money. That I´m just one dimensional. But people don´t seem to see all the effort I put into other areas of my life. They just see me as this money making bully. OK I´m confident but why shouldn´t I be. I built up a huge empire from nothing. People don´t seem to realise that business is business. Sometimes you have to stamp over the little person. But that doesn´t make me a monster...

Patient 5 - My friends think I´m boring. Sure, they think I´m a laugh when I´m out on the turps and we get up to mischief. But then the next day, I get the same comments. You´re so predictable, you´re no fun to be with. I just don´t get it. Is it my personality, is it my demeanour. Why does nobody see the fun side of me, the person who likes to express himself in a dynamic way. I´m a very focused, driven guy. I don´t deny that. I´ve had a lot of success. But then people tend to see me just as a drone, a workaholic who occasionally blows off some steam and creates a stir. But I´m sick of being seen as just a party story. I think I´m so much more...

Patient 6 - People at my work are starting to talk. They think I´m an alcoholic. They seem to respect me but at the same time I get the feeling that a lot of them start talking about me when my back is turned. I don´t seem to have their trust. Just when I think I have them on board with me, they shy away. I know sometimes I am capable of mood swings and sometimes I get too philosophical. But work is important to me and I don´t think they seem to realise the pressure I´m under to be the super boss all the time. I have high expectations for myself but they seem to have even higher ones. I guess I´d just like to see a little more consistency in their dealings with me...

Patient 7 - I´m a talker. I recognise it. Sometimes my big mouth gets me into trouble. I say things that people don´t want to hear. But they need to hear it. Don´t shoot the messenger. Some people appreciate what I have to say but others just seem to resent me. Sure I´ve got the credentials but so often I hear other people say they´re better than me. But they´re not. When they´ve tasted as much success as I have then they can come to me and talk about how much they´ve achieved. Maybe I take people for granted sometimes or underestimate them. But I´m always striving for the top. I can´t afford to be held back. If you´re not good enough, you´re not good enough. Of course I´ve had a few problems along the way but what successful businessmen hasn´t? But that doesn´t make me a failure. Why can´t some people see that?

Patient 8 - People look at my wife and think I´ve punched way above my weight. But my wife loves me. She sees me for the person I am. I might not be the best looking guy with the flashiest car, I have solid principles and think I´m a really grounded person. But sometimes when I go out in public I hear all these hurtful comments that I don´t deserve to be with her. That I´m not good enough for her. But I do deserve her. And she does deserve me. We´re a great team. And the world has to wake up to that fact. So what I´m in a wheelchair...

Seem familiar? Sit yourself down.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Sit down on the couch and tell me what´s on your mind. Empty Re: Sit down on the couch and tell me what´s on your mind.

Post by Metal Tiger Thu 06 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

Jesus that's heavy reading. Sorry, I started, honest, but then gave up when I saw how long your bloody post is. Too tired & late in the day man.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Sit down on the couch and tell me what´s on your mind. Empty Re: Sit down on the couch and tell me what´s on your mind.

Post by Biltong Thu 06 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

I played loose head prop, I am slow, in fact snails want to challenge me for sprint races. But I do have great accelaration, I there for reach my topspeed in about 2.9 seconds, problem is my topspeed is about 20 km/h

I am lazy, in fact I call the dog inside to see if he is wet, that's the easiest way to find out if it is raining.

People like me, everyone I meet always smiles, I told my wife about this and then she told me not to worry because the first time she met me she could barely contain her laughter

I am mathematically inclined, some people believe I am quite gifted, until my mate one day asked me whether I got a maths cake for my second birthday

I am selfish, when my wife gave me an ultimatum about spending less time in the pub watching sport or she would leave me, I told her I'll miss her

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:08 pm

1. Wales
2. Ireland
3. England
4. France
5. SA
6. Aus
7. NZ
8. Argentina

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:11 pm

Griff wrote:1. Wales
2. Ireland
3. England
4. France
5. SA
6. Aus
7. NZ
8. Argentina

Shocked me too, to be honest. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:27 pm

Get help kia, soon

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm

1. Wales
2. Ireland
3. NZ
4. England
5. SA
6. France
7. Aus
8. Arg
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 07 Oct 2011, 5:50 am

That was my order wales606. OK

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:22 am

Well Kia I can honestly say you outfoxed me,
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:17 am

wales606 wrote:1. Wales
2. Ireland
3. NZ
4. England
5. SA
6. France
7. Aus
8. Arg

Yup me too.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:54 am

You could put a strong case for Shane Williams for number one too.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down