The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Flintoff - What does he have left to offer cricket?

4 posters

Go down

Freddie Flintoff - What does he have left to offer cricket? Empty Freddie Flintoff - What does he have left to offer cricket?

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

Just been browsing the All Out Cricket site, and noticed this short interview with Flintoff (the full interview is in their magazine which was issued today I believe).

All Out Cricket - Freddie Flintoff Interview

In it, Freddie talks about the IPL and the possibility of going into coaching etc - though he states that a one to one mentor basis would be preferable to a team coaching role.

Being one of the most famous cricketers of his generation, and with a huge personality, he is an instantly recognisable name and face to many countries around the world, and that got me thinking - what can Freddie Flintoff offer to the sport of cricket now that he has retired, and what would you like to see him doing for the sport?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Freddie Flintoff - What does he have left to offer cricket? Empty Re: Freddie Flintoff - What does he have left to offer cricket?

Post by hodge Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:27 pm

Think Fred would be a great motivator, if he were to have some sort of role in a team. He has a great amount of experience to bring to the table to help young players, but also young players who are slightly overweight to say he would be good for helping there as well i would say

hodge

Back to top Go down

Freddie Flintoff - What does he have left to offer cricket? Empty Re: Freddie Flintoff - What does he have left to offer cricket?

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

I worry that hes going to turn into a Gazza-lite, hes a long way off at the moment but he striokes as someoen who just wouldnt know what to do without his cricket and without his fans.
I hope he can stay (fairly) sober and find a role for himslef. I dont think he'd make a great coach at a high level, he never really believed in or understood coaching when he was aplayer. A media career is much more suitable.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:44 am

My own personal opinion is that he would be well suited to a sort of ambassador role for the sport - visiting deprived areas, giving talks to young cricketers etc, as opposed to the more technical side of coaching.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:07 am

I agree with Peter about a career in the media.
He would at least be honest, which is a trait some don't adhere to in case they happen to upset an old colleague.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down