The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purple patches, long estabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day

+15
Gatts
Bullsbok
TheGreyGhost
Taylorman
fa0019
mckay1402
ScarletSpiderman
mr_stonelea
Thomond
Ozzy3213
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
WelshDevilRob
Portnoy
19 posters

Go down

Purple patches,  long estabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day Empty Purple patches, long estabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day

Post by Portnoy Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:58 pm

Anybody care to predict confidently the RWC 2011 winner?

Last edited by Adam D (Hobo) on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : winner)
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Purple patches,  long estabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day Empty Re: Purple patches, long estabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

Wales will march to the final. Its our time.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Purple patches,  long estabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day Empty Re: Purple patches, long estabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

Has to be their day sooner or later

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

Wales v NZ final I'm afraid.

NZ to win 26-17.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:23 pm

Purple patches, long etabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day - why did you leave out the elephants?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

South Africa
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Purple patches, long etabished winners , chokers, faith, belief, beef and whoever turns up on the day - why did you leave out the elephants?

Possibly because there are no enclosed elephants.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:38 pm

Wales are the best team on the planet and currently have the best player in the world (George North apparently) so logic would suggest they will win

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

McCaw still in. As are Du Plessis, Steyn, BOD, SOB. North, Warburton, any number of of Ozzies (full squad), and so on. And that's just a selection of the greats.

This RWC is not over by any means.

There is a long trek home.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:05 pm

I have no doubt Wales/Ireland will make the final.. The problem is, they'll be so relieved/happy at getting there, I think they'll do a France in 87, or an England in 91, or a France in 99 i.e. making the final is enough

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

Thomond wrote:Wales are the best team on the planet and currently have the best player in the world (George North apparently) so logic would suggest they will win

A typical 'We are underdogs' comment from the Irish.

Why would that be? I can't begin to imagine..
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:11 pm

mr_stonelea wrote:I have no doubt Wales/Ireland will make the final.. The problem is, they'll be so relieved/happy at getting there, I think they'll do a France in 87, or an England in 91, or a France in 99 i.e. making the final is enough

Please PM when you do it.

Personally I fancy France to get there.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:18 pm

I am confident enough to say that one of England, Ireland, Wales, France, Australia or New Zealand will win it, and if not it will be Argentina. And I have a real gut feeling it will be a Northen Vrs Southern Hemisphere final, and 3rd/4th place play off.

Being serious I would think that it will be the winner of Wales/Ireland QF against the All Blacks, and the All Blacks will win the final comfortably.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:34 pm

south africa Springbok
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

Australia to win the competition overall.

Aus will break NZ's hearts oncemore in SF & will beat Eng in the final.

... and to much dismay to NZ, Cooper will pick up the IRB world player of the year award!

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 07 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I am confident enough to say that one of England, Ireland, Wales, France, Australia or New Zealand will win it, and if not it will be Argentina. And I have a real gut feeling it will be a Northen Vrs Southern Hemisphere final, and 3rd/4th place play off.

Being serious I would think that it will be the winner of Wales/Ireland QF against the All Blacks, and the All Blacks will win the final comfortably.

Phew, Spiderman. That is going on a twiggy limb. Just England, Ireland, Wales, France, Australia or New Zealand,. That's a hell of a call. That leaves the Argies done for (agreed) and the Boks. Would you please reintroduce the Saffers back into the mix?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

Portnoy wrote:Anybody care to predict confidently the RWC 2011 winner?

NZ by 20 minimum... Very Happy

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm

south africa
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

fa0019 wrote:Australia to win the competition overall.

... and to much dismay to NZ, Cooper will pick up the IRB world player of the year award!

He can put it on his nan's mantle piece next to his dickhead of the decade award.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:19 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:

He can put it on his nan's mantle piece next to his dickhead of the decade award.

dont worry GG we all know that the trophy isnt what counts, you might not produce during competition but consistently over the years you are the biggest dickhead

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:22 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:

dont worry GG we all know that the trophy isnt what counts, you might not produce during competition but consistently over the years you are the biggest dickhead

laughing Yahoo
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:40 am

WelshDevilRob wrote:Wales will march to the final. Its our time.

Thanks for that kiss of death

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:45 am

Bullsbok wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:

laughing Yahoo

PSBW ....It hurts to admit this but I too want to acknowledge that sledge. When the day of judgement comes and histories are written that will go down as one of the tip top examples of quality sledging, a well timed, well delivered coup de grace. if i had a sister you would go to the front of the cue. Bravo! notworthy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:01 am

gatts, up early for the game or not gone to bed?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:05 am

in canada. its 9pm

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:18 am

ah, so neither
confident or bricking it?

For what its woth i'm looking forward to this game more then the england one, could be game of the cup so far

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:22 am

quietly confident. i will know within 10-15 mins of ko

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:26 am

well i'l need to get up and get to the pub Smile
full english and a coffee(no proper stuff playing later)
may the best team win!!!

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:32 am

you must be a back Very Happy and probably in you r20s

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:58 am

close........37 and backrow lol
league game so looking for a five pointer
and i only got in from the pub at 3 Smile

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:00 am

i am disgusted. no self respecting 3rd team 6 would pass up a few shandies to equalize the old electrolytes before KO Very Happy No wonder your knees are knackered if you don't take in enough fluids

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:06 am

ah but i've been elevated to the lofty hights of the 2nds
plus i need a good performance at 8 to put myself forward as a viable option for jonno ahead of easter Smile
enjoy i'm off to wake up the landlord Smile

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:51 am

Gatts wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:

laughing Yahoo

PSBW ....It hurts to admit this but I too want to acknowledge that sledge. When the day of judgement comes and histories are written that will go down as one of the tip top examples of quality sledging, a well timed, well delivered coup de grace. if i had a sister you would go to the front of the cue. Bravo! notworthy

to be fair he fed the line

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:20 am

Yeah well i take it all back you are just a WUM

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:12 am

Thomond wrote:Wales are the best team on the planet and currently have the best player in the world (George North apparently) so logic would suggest they will win

*Sam Warburton

Wink
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

So far it'whoever turns up on the day (un point)

Purple patches One point

The rest - zip

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:40 pm

Purple patches, long estabished winners , chokers and whoever turns up on the day

One point each.

Next round : long estabished winners v chokers

Purple patches v whoever turns up on the day

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:43 pm

I think Wales are working on 2 other prototypes for the 6 nations in 2012, apparently they have a Sam North and a George Warburton waiting in the wings, monsters apparently thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:50 pm

what if both turn up on the day?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

mystiroakey wrote:what if both turn up on the day?

Then we'd have Sam and George on the wings and George and Sam in the back row. OK

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down