The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With England and Ireland losing today! ! !

+2
mckay1402
majesticimperialman
6 posters

Go down

With England and Ireland losing today! ! ! Empty With England and Ireland losing today! ! !

Post by majesticimperialman Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Who do you expect to retire from International rugby.

From England i think it will be Wilkinson, Palmer, Haskell, what with Wilkinsaon and Palmer playing in France, and with Haskell going to play in Japan, cannot see him being picked to play for England in the near future.

I wouldnt be suprised if Thompson, Deacon and Shaw, hung thier boots up.

For Ireland O,Driscol, O'Gara, O'Callahan, O'Connell.

That is my opinion what is yours?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

With England and Ireland losing today! ! ! Empty Re: With England and Ireland losing today! ! !

Post by mckay1402 Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:57 pm

O,Driscol, O'Gara, O'Callahan, O'Connell
Four names that have become legendary. There are some players that define an era and for me these four have defined Irelands emergence as a major force in world rugby. In my opinion they're Irelands equivalent to Edwards, John, Davies etc. Great players who will be sorely missed by, not just Ireland but the whole rugby playing world.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

With England and Ireland losing today! ! ! Empty Re: With England and Ireland losing today! ! !

Post by Thomond Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:57 pm

POC still has a good few years left. He is younger than DOC. I hope ROG goes as we need to back Sexton and develop Keatley.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:02 pm

POC is only about 32, and DOC is about 33 I think. As second rows they can both keep going quote easily, just look at Shaw. I think that Thompson, Wilko, Tindall, Shaw, Easter, Cueto and possibly Moody will retire from England. Ireland may lose BOD, ROG and Wallace.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by radelven Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 pm

For England it depends on the result of any tournament and performance review. If no demand of changes in coaching and team set up are forced upon Johnson (quite possible in the short term without any real management structure in place to oversee a review), I suspect we'll see a year more of Palmer, Deacon, Easter, Hape and maybe Thompson. Haskell will be out for a year till his return to Wasps.

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:13 pm

The big question for me is who will be the natural successors? If those we think will retire do actually stop playing from tomorrow, who will the international coaches pick? Who would kidney pick at 13 for Ireland instead of O'Driscoll? With Sexton the likely replacement for O'Gara, who will be the new fly half understudy? Who will rule the skies in the Irish boiler house if/when DOC and POC go?

Back to top Go down

Post by scoi Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Irish second rows need to be brought on 3 in the squad are the wrong side of 30, centres another area to be worried about. 10 years with the shirts being filled with the same class players could be a year or 2 of poor results whilst trying to rebuild. Could do some shuffling in the backs, Bowe and Earls both have played at 13 but both class wingers.

scoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down