The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosberg targets Ferrari 2013 seat

+2
dyrewolfe
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

Rosberg targets Ferrari 2013 seat  Empty Rosberg targets Ferrari 2013 seat

Post by Fernando Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:28 pm

Nico Rosberg is reluctant to commit to Mercedes beyond his current contract, according to a Spanish sports newspaper.

The 26-year-old has consistently outperformed seven time world champion Michael Schumacher in the last two seasons, but is yet to record a single Grand Prix win.

The Marca daily said Mercedes is desperate to re-sign him for 2013 and beyond, but claims the young German is stalling for now as he watches the driver market.

With Jenson Button now committed to McLaren beyond next season, Rosberg could emerge as a leading candidate to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari.

"Marca has learned that Rosberg wants to wait on renewing his contract with Mercedes in order to try his luck in negotiating with Ferrari next year," said the report.

Mercedes' motor sport president Norbert Haug admitted at Suzuka that the German marque wants to tie up Rosberg.

"I have Nico until 2012 and, if I had my way, for much longer," he said.

A few weeks ago, there were reports Rosberg was set to commit to Mercedes until 2016, but Marca says he is now pushing for a year-on-year deal.

Source: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-rosberg-targets-ferrari-seat-for-2013-report-2/?v=2&s=1&i=24

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Rosberg targets Ferrari 2013 seat  Empty Re: Rosberg targets Ferrari 2013 seat

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:33 pm

I think a certain Robert Kubica will be signing for Ferrari for 2013 after a successful return to Renault in 2012.

2013 Line ups

Mclaren -Hamilton/Button
Red Bull - Vettel/Rosberg
Ferrari - Alonso/Kubica
Mercedes - Di Resta/ ?

Last edited by John on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

Two Rosbergs Headscratch now that would be impressive

I reckon be the same as it is now but with Di resta at mercedes.Massa and webber at renault with Kubica or Bianchi, Perez taking massa's seat and Rosberg taking webbers

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:11 pm

I wonder if Rosberg realises he'd only be allowed to win a race if it didn't interfere with Alonso's title ambitions?

Is he that desperate to be the next Barrichello / Irvine / Massa?

I think he's better off staying where he is at a team that is steadily improving and where he has repeatedly out-performed his team mate.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

Definately better off staying where he is. Same would apply to Kubic also (once he returns to Renault). Only a driver who is already in an uncompetative car should go to Ferrari. Unless there's a driver likes to be a Ferrari puppet.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 10 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:I wonder if Rosberg realises he'd only be allowed to win a race if it didn't interfere with Alonso's title ambitions?

Is he that desperate to be the next Barrichello / Irvine / Massa?

I think he's better off staying where he is at a team that is steadily improving and where he has repeatedly out-performed his team mate.

Amen to that. As long as Alonso is at Ferrari, no one will be allowed to beat him fair and square. Massa needs to leave that team. They are systematically destroying his F1 career.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 10 Oct 2011, 4:23 pm

Massa's shown nothing to even suggest he get close to Alonso over a season though, i can't think of a single race in 2 years in which he's been faster. I'm afraid that Massa had his one chance in 2008 when he was driving well and others were being inconsistent.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Issac Watson Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

monty junior wrote:Massa's shown nothing to even suggest he get close to Alonso over a season though, i can't think of a single race in 2 years in which he's been faster. I'm afraid that Massa had his one chance in 2008 when he was driving well and others were being inconsistent.
don't be silly, massa has never reached his peak, 2008, since his savage injury. he was as fast as anyone in 2008.

Issac Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:45 pm

I agree, in 2008 Massa was at his peak and driving very well. But since his comeback i don't think he remotely resembles a ferrari driver and is very average. I thought pre Hungary 2009, Massa was one of the better driver's on the grid until that terrible accident.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down