The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England - corrupt?

+4
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sir. badgerhands
Seanusarrilius
BoxingFan88
8 posters

Go down

England - corrupt? Empty England - corrupt?

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

After tonight's very good performance by Kell Brook and the resultant disgustingly early stoppage, is it time we realised that our country is just as corrupt as the some of the other countries our boxing spectators look down upon, thinking of Germany for example.

Of course we can cite many poor decisions in Deutschland, but tonight was poor in my opinion. The other guy (apparenly a world class operator) was hurt or busted up. Way too soon. It was as if Adam Smith gave a little wink to the ref and it was stopped in perfect timing with his commentary.

Tonight's stoppage was shocking, as to was Skys commentary. Talking of fights with Manny and Mayweather, are you joking??? Are you actually of thje words coming out of your mouths?

Very impressive performance from KB though, controlled, quick, powerful and thoughtful. More of the same please Kell.

Back to top Go down

England - corrupt? Empty Re: England - corrupt?

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:08 pm

They didn't mention pacquiao or mayweather as near future opponents, just toying with the idea if he can beat berto and/or ortiz, in which case it will be perfectly justified. As for the stoppage it was premature, however brook dominated the fight and there was nothing coming back. Its better for him to be stopped on his feet that flat on his back on the canvas. At one point he didn't even land one punch in the whole round!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:11 pm

the stoppage was a drisgrace, they treated the Polski (who has never been stopped) as a journeyman with that stoppage. That was disgusting. He wasnt down, busted upm or anything like nearly ko'd. Would he have won, no, would he have gone the distance, maybe not, but for f**k sake, the crowd had paid for that and depsite Brook looking great, i dont think they are excited about stoppages like that

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

Exactly Seanus.

Maybe it's the sceptic in me, but with the stoppage and the ridiculous commentary it left me with the overriding impression that the other dude had all the cards stacked against him just because Sky have their new favourite toy.

Reminds me of when Micky Vann was the referee for 5 consecutive Hatton fights...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:24 pm

Got to say I agree with Sean and Tumbling.

Seems to be a spate of early stoppages at the moment. I can understand a fight being stopped if a guy is seriously hurt or reeling around the ring. But tonight did feel a tad early.

KB was definatley outclassing his opponent but at least give the Pole a fighting chance.

Goodness knows how tonights ref would ref past fights such as Gatti vs Ward, Barrera vs Morales or Corrales vs Castillo!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

Badger, those fights would have been stopped on the ring walks if this is anything to go by

Make no mistake, brook was class, but that stoppage was a disgrace tot he sport. We have to remember the other guy, trained hard, had a plan and came to win, he sacrifised months of his life to prepare for this,and just because he was losing and has no UK fanbase doesn't mean he can be treated like that. He was disgusted, i would be.

You could have stopped Arthur Abraham in round 3 of the froch fight because he was being dominated in that; but you dont because he wasnt seriously hurt and there was always the chance he might land an equalzer. This is boxing for god sake

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

[quote= " KB was definatley outclassing his opponent but at least give the Pole a fighting chance. [/quote]

This.

Ridiculous early stoppage. It doesn't matter that he was being outclassed, the guy was willing to carry on, had his wits about him and was clearly upset at being stopped. Not to mention the people who paid to see the fight. They should at least have given him a chance to continue; now he loses his record of never having been stopped because of this farce.

It seems like fights in the UK are stopped as soon as it looks like it is going to be a one-sided victory. BUT THAT IS WRONG. THIS IS BOXING. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. ONE PUNCH CAN CHANGE A FIGHT. Whenever I watch a fight on these shores I sit with my fingers crossed after every flurry hoping the bout won't be stopped.

Also the commentators were bigging him up as a world level fighter and then roundly applauded this early stoppage. Puhlease. Any opponent, never mind a 'world level opponent' should be given a decent chance.

This is why I hate boxing today. Pathetic sport, with pathetic politics, where 80% of the fights are pathetic and meaningless.

No wonder it's dying.

ghost

emancipator - *****d off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:46 pm

Have to feel your pain emancipator.

It really did feel like Sky controlled the stoppage and it was all in a predetermined script!

As far as Kell, very impressed, needs another step up before a big name challenge in the Ortiz/Berto mould. I liked how he switched to the body and thought his way through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:02 pm

Have to agree. UK refs really have a tendency to stop fights prematurely. As a supposed world level operator the Pole deserved better treatment. There's a difference between getting beaten and getting beaten up. Brook was outclassing him yes, but there was no reason for Foster to stop it when he did.

Also agree about the Sky commentary. The amount of BS and hyperbole coming from Smith was embarrassing at times - I got the sense that with Cleverly, DeGale and Groves all now defected to BoxNation they are hanging their hat on Brook as the next big thing, but they were going OTT with it tonight.

Fair do's to Brook though, I'm a fan and he showed his usual compact, disciplined style, worked a decent jab with good punch variety, has power, speed and reflexes. Done what he needed to and hope Hearn Jr can stick to his word and move quick onto big things in the US.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

Good performance from Brook but I have a feeling he will fall into the who needs him club. I can't see Berto or Ortiz fighting him. As for Khan I can't see it unless Brook can make a name for himself.

As for Sky the hype that was coming out of Smith was ridiculous. You would have thought Brook had just sparked out Manny. Think they are panicking a bit now Warren has left with all his talent.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:15 am

Hi guys, been out, what was the official result??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 09 Oct 2011, 6:52 am

Brook is absolute quality imo he will be a world champ in the next year. Lets be honest this guy wasnot in Brooks class Brook willbe moving on to biggerand better things my biggest fear is that the big names in the division wil avoid him Khan has already made his excuse for not fighting him lol lets hope the other big names will not do the same

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:16 am

What excuse did Khan give. I'm not a welterweight? You are unknown and offer me nothing?

Kell needs to prove he is in the same class as Khan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

prettyboykev wrote:What excuse did Khan give. I'm not a welterweight? You are unknown and offer me nothing?

Mate Khan said he would not fight Brook coz Eddie Hearn is his promoter and he doesnt want to be involved with him coz of the McCloskey fight I think this is a dumb excuse and imo Khan does not want to fight him. Maybe right now he can say Brook is not known but Brook will be a world champ soon and will be coming after Khan I think Khan knows this and has his excuse ready.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

Waingro wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:What excuse did Khan give. I'm not a welterweight? You are unknown and offer me nothing?

Mate Khan said he would not fight Brook coz Eddie Hearn is his promoter and he doesnt want to be involved with him coz of the McCloskey fight I think this is a dumb excuse and imo Khan does not want to fight him. Maybe right now he can say Brook is not known but Brook will be a world champ soon and will be coming after Khan I think Khan knows this and has his excuse ready.

Khan doesn't make excuses he looks to take on the best. He was willing to give Bardley more than his fair share of the purse just to make that fight happen. He pushed for the Maidana fight even though GBP never wanted him to take that fight. If Brook can prove he is World class then I have no doubt Khan will fight him. He may not be very likeable but he isn't a ducker.

Look at the level of sparring Khan gets and he obviously holds his own because Roach wouldn't let him get beat up. Brook has a lot to prove. While Brook was slacking off in training and wearing a tag Khan was winning World titles and making a name for himself in the U.S. Brook needs to realise that there is a big World outside of this little island.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:30 am

Curious - I think the earlier they Fight the better chance Khan has of winning - unless he does take very well to the Welter division.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down