The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayrton Senna

3 posters

Go down

Ayrton Senna  Empty Ayrton Senna

Post by Fernando Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:46 pm

one for the older members of the forum

Due to me being 3 when he died in a terrible crash and with the upcoming release of the senna DVD which i shall defiantly be buying . Id thought id ask what made him the greatest of all time?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Ayrton Senna  Empty Re: Ayrton Senna

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

For starters Ayrton Senna was a Triple World Champion in Formula 1 and will go down in history as a legend of the sport. Ayrton Senna was a phenomenon, and as such, he was filmed, interviewed, and photographed repeatedly throughout his career and that enabled a film to be made. His aggressive, risk-taking approach was what attracted me to him and many of his fans. He was simply a masterful driver with a ruthless streak for winning, similar to that of many of the great world champions like Schumacher. His rivalry with Prost was significant in his career and watching those two duel with each other was simply breathtaking especially in Suzuka. Was he the greatest, arguably not, however Senna will always be remembered for his driving ability.

Also the media scrutiny & general hatred towards Hamilton regarding his 'apparent' dangerous driving is similar to that of Senna. Drivers and fans nowadays act like babies, complaining like pathetic idiots when someone causes a collision. All I can say is take a look back at the days of Senna in his prime, to label Hamilton as 'dangerous' is utily laughable and embarrasing compared to the great Senna.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

For me the main think that made Ayrton great was the daring and ruthless moves he made on others. He was loved for that.

I believe Lewis is similar to this. Funnily enough people dislike him for this. But imo todays F1 drivers are softer then those of Ayrtons era.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:12 pm

Wasn't just a great driver. He was also idolised for the huge amount of charity work he did - above and beyond what most drivers of the day did and probably more than most drivers today.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down