The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope this doesnt happen.

+7
Nico the gman
Waingro
Dass
eddyfightfan
Super D Boon
Rowley
DaveVDK
11 posters

Go down

Hope this doesnt happen. Empty Hope this doesnt happen.

Post by DaveVDK Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15110187.stm

Really hope this doesnt happen, never been a maccarinelli fan but watching him against Frenkel was painful too watch, Enzo should retire before any serious damage is done. Wont help cleverys reputation eathier, he needs to fight a top LH.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Hope this doesnt happen. Empty Re: Hope this doesnt happen.

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:40 pm

So do I mate but don't bet against it, Warren seems pretty content to match Clev with guys who it is easy to build up some imaginary rivalry with at the minute, as is the case with Bellew and looks like now being the case with Enzo. Can we take it from this the negotiations with Hopkins have fallen through?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

Nah the Hopkins fight will follow Macca and Bellew, mark my words!....... Very Happy

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:49 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Nah the Hopkins fight will follow Macca and Bellew, mark my words!....... Very Happy

Can I interest you in some shares in Enron by any chance?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

i think it would be an entertaining fight to be honest, its not like cleverlys an absolute beast or anything

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

Yes please! That will be a great investment, just like when I decided to put all my savings into Northern Rock..........wait a minute!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i think it would be an entertaining fight to be honest, its not like cleverlys an absolute beast or anything

no he isn't Eddy but this sums up everything wrong with the multiple belt situation, if Clev is a world champion he should be looking to fight the best in the world, if he is not ready to do that don't wear the belt. They should be the pinnacle of the sport not a marketing tool.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:02 pm

agree, he hasnt had one world quality fight yet, and bellew is a worse opponent that enzo. however i dont think warren will let him near anyone decent- its a shame, id like to see what clev could do when tested

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm

Its no coincidence 6mths after me leaving Northern Rock they went haywire... I'm just that good a worker!.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm

I think Enzo needs to wake up and smell the coffee he aint all that good has been knocked out too many time he does not deserve a title shot imo.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

i think enzo would beat bellew, who has the guy beat really? mackensie floored him the first time and the second was a snorefest, other than that bellew's opponents have had appaulling records

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

Maybe he would beat Bellew but I dont reckon Bellew is world class he is a big puncher though and Enzo is getting knocked out for fun these days so you never know.

Maybe Enzo needs the money so has to fight on but I think if he was smart he would retire it is not good for your brain to be knocked out so many times

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

Enzo is clutching at straws and hoping Cruiserweight power is going to be too much for the LightHeavies,theres a good possibility Enzo could be weak at the weight trying to boil down to 175 pounds, bad move IMO.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:49 pm

Would be a joke if this happens. What has Enzo done to earn a LHW title shot - unless getting repeatedly almost killed at cruiser qualifies you? The guy has been a busted flush since haye battered him nearly 3 years ago, he can't take cruiserweight punches so god knows how he thinks boiling himself down to 175 is gonna do him any favours (bearing in mind hus typical weight is not far off 200lb). Someone needs to have a word with him.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:35 pm

I think Enzo should have been at 175lbs much earlier, before he was knocked senseless many times. He has always been a bit flabby at Cruiserweight and I remember an interview before the Haye fight when Enzo said he couldn't follow Haye up to Heavyweight if he couldn't make Cruiser any more because Enzo's walking around weight is under 200lbs. At this stage in Cleverly's career I think that a fight with Enzo is actually what he should be doing, an experienced former world champion who can still punch, it's a good learning fight. The problem is that it is for a world championship and will be a headlining fight, it should be on the undercard of a real championship fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:18 am

I can't respect a man who can't respect himself. Enzo is an accident waiting to happen but as Warrens Little Soldier, he'll still get the fights.

Stick him in the ring with Clev. Stick him in the ring a few more times... think of it as vengeance for all of those poor tomato cans he battered when he was "champ" - now he knows what it feels like to be a journeyman.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:20 am

bellchees wrote: this stage in Cleverly's career I think that a fight with Enzo is actually what he should be doing... a good learning fight.

Therein lies the problem mate. For cleverly the time for learning should be over - he's world champion now and fighting euro level hasbeens like Enzo won't cut the mustard. I still think cleverly is a very green fighter, but being the biggest draw in franks stable now he's been fasttracked to that familiar WBO title before he's ready, before he's fought at world level. At least burns won his strap from a genuine champ. Regardless of the politics I don't feel enzo has anything to offer other than the familiarity of his name - since haye he's been brutally ko'd three times by euro level guys, the guy is cannon fodder.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:12 pm

I think it is a great fight. Would love to see Enzo starch him.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down