The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rivalries.....

+3
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
liverbnz
Brady12
7 posters

Go down

Rivalries..... Empty Rivalries.....

Post by Brady12 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

Heres the link for the Bret & Shawn DVD...

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zG83p65jHbc/

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Rivalries..... Empty Re: Rivalries.....

Post by Brady12 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 7:27 pm

Anyone seen this yet? Opinions?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

Sweet, cheers Brady. Will watch it tomorrow evening as I too tired tonight.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

I watched it last night.

I already knew most of the rumours and all the information about there rivalry from Brets book so was interested to see what shawns responses would be to this and thought at times he was taking the cheap way out of everything just blaming it on how he used to behave and would of liked him to go into more detail in why he did the stuff he did.
The 'screwjob' was obviously the main point of the whole DVD and I believe that what shawn said was 100% the truth you could see how upset and how guilty he feels about the whole thing and that hes had to carry that around with him for along time.

I felt for Bret alot when they were talking about everything that happend after that night as you could tell that his life just fell apart completely in the years that followed and it was even hard for him to talk about.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:30 pm

I thought the way the DVD was set up made for compelling viewing. At times Bret was effectively conducting a shoot interview on Michaels with Michaels present.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:19 pm

Pre-ordered this one as soon as I heard about it, cannot wait to see it.

What's the interaction between Hart and Michaels like Brady?

Is there any awkwardness? Does any of it seem forced?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:17 pm

It's a cracking watch pal, the best WWE produced DVD I think I've ever seen as it's not riddle with propoganda & these were the two guys I adored growing up.

It's about 2hrs 30mins long & is basically just a sit down interview between the two & JR, there's certainly no script!

Bret uncovers how unprofessional Michaels was back in the 90's & on several occasions Shawn is left with no real comeback, other than to hold his hands up & admit he was a jerk!

There's an awkward moment when the 'Sunny days' line gets brought up but Michaels backs down & admits he was wrong to compromise Bret's family life into the show. I think the Michaels of old may have bit back with well we've all read your book Bret it would be the 1st time you cheated on your wife!

Naturally a really awkard part for Shawn was discussing the screwjob at one point he 'throws Hunter under the bus' saying he was acting as the loyal solider just playing out Hunters idea under Vinces instructions. Hart hits back by saying he was always 'one of the boys' & would have refused to do that to Shawn if the shoe was on the other foot! Don't think Michaels knew what to do when Hart said that!

In summary I can't see how you could possibly do this again with a better set of rivals. The loyal tradionalist against the edgier renegade, pure hatred at times but always an underlying respect. Culminating in the most infamous match in wrestling history

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:53 am

Watched 45 mins of it.

Pretty good so far.

Interesting about the top rope in the Harts/Rockers match, when Rockers became tag champs.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

Cheers for that Brady thumbsup

Got an email today saying the DVD's been dispatched, so hopefully be here tomorrow.

Can't friggin' wait!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

Interesting watching Shawn really struggle for words at times. It's almost as if he can't bring himself to say the things he thinks about himself back in his pre-Christian days. He really babbles at times.

Tough watching Bret near the end as well. Life wasn't too kind to him following Montreal.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Oct 2011, 12:27 am

It looks like Shawn's holding back to protect his butter wouldn't melt image, Bret says some things the HBK really should have replied too, he wasn't all bad in the 90s but he's bending over and taking everything thrown at him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:29 am

Watched this last night and I have to agree with Brady, it's the best WWE produced DVD I've ever seen. Absolutely fascinating to watch.

Shawn's a bit hard to understand at times, much like he was in the interview for his 'My Journey' DVD, because he flies off at tangents and doesn't fully explain things before moving onto another subject, he just kind of leaves things hanging in the air. There are an awful lot of "You know"s as well!!

It takes a while for Bret to admit that he was in the wrong as well, but he eventually does say that he took things too far in his attempt to convince everyone that there was legit heat between the two. Bret uses a great line where he says that things between them were fine but they ended up "working themselves into a shoot". I think that sums it up perfectly.

It's interesting to hear Shawn say that all he ever wanted was Bret's approval or validation and Bret saying "The validation was coming", meaning that at the end of their feud on TV Bret would shake Shawn's hand and say he was the man. But what I gathered from it was that Shawn wanted the approval of Bret Hart the man himself, not the approval of the Hitman character.

I agree with Gaffer that Shawn seems to be holding back, but I'm not sure if it's to protect his image or more because he's heard so much about what an bumhole he used to be that any time someone says he did this wrong or that wrong he just kind of accepts it. Maybe also because he doesn't remember it, as there are a couple of times that Bret mentions conversations they had and Shawn has no recollection, even going so far as to say "I don't remember saying that, but if Bret says it happened, then it happened".

For me, one of the best things about the DVD is the clips they show of Bret and Shawn just talking backstage and sharing a laugh, it shows how far they've both come and that their reconcilliation is legit.

All in all it's a cracking watch and I'd highly recommend it to anybody.

Last edited by theundisputedY2D2 on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

Nice summary Y2D2! Agreed the 'worked our way into a shoot' line summed it up perfectly...

I'm guessing Michaels' poor recollection had something to do with his drug use at the time.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

Yeah I'm assuming the same thing Brady. It's odd that they don't mention Shawn's 'personal demons' because they're well documented. They might have contributed to Shawn's actions back then but in the DVD they just seem to suggest that HBK was like that simply because he was a bellend back then.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm

Just found this bud.... Explains one or two things...

Bret Hart talked about what was cut from the "Rivalries" DVD with Shawn Michaels in an interview with Scott Fishman of the Miami Herald promoting the forthcoming DVD release.

“There was a lot of stuff that didn’t make the cut. I think that maybe it was redundant, but there was more talk about Shawn’s role in things and he went into much more detail about his drug problems, which was what the excuse for his behavior was back then," Hart said That was not shown as much in the DVD. That is fine with me, and I’m not complaining about that. Maybe it was repeated enough times that they didn’t need it in there. It was sort of said in its own way anyway.

“Shawn came very honest and upfront that day at the studio. He was very relaxed. We had a lot of pleasantries and easy-going conversations between takes. I felt very comfortable.”

[ LINK: Hart's full interview is available at MiamiHerald.com ]

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:15 pm

I'll try again.... Not sure my the full paste didn't work 1st time stupid iPhone

Bret Hart talked about what was cut from the "Rivalries" DVD with Shawn Michaels in an interview with Scott Fishman of the Miami Herald promoting the forthcoming DVD release.
“There was a lot of stuff that didn’t make the cut. I think that maybe it was redundant, but there was more talk about Shawn’s role in things and he went into much more detail about his drug problems, which was what the excuse for his behavior was back then," Hart said That was not shown as much in the DVD. That is fine with me, and I’m not complaining about that. Maybe it was repeated enough times that they didn’t need it in there. It was sort of said in its own way anyway.

“Shawn came very honest and upfront that day at the studio. He was very relaxed. We had a lot of pleasantries and easy-going conversations between takes. I felt very comfortable.”

[ LINK: Hart's full interview is available at MiamiHerald.com ]

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

This is now on wweo.net cant recommend it highly enough

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:27 am

Can't wait for the next installment of this series:

Jim Ross v Michael Cole.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:47 am

Aw I was hoping it was going to be JBL v Godzilla

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content