The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100,000 Proud Englishmen To Invade Poland and Ukraine

+4
Sir. badgerhands
super_realist
Dass
Duty281
8 posters

Go down

100,000 Proud Englishmen To Invade Poland and Ukraine Empty 100,000 Proud Englishmen To Invade Poland and Ukraine

Post by Duty281 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:29 pm

Well around that.

Approximately 100,000 England fans will cheer on England at Euro 2012, 5 times more than the 2010 World Cup, each convinced that this is our year!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/England-fans-to-travel-in-100-000-numbers-to-Euro-2012-with-cheap-tickets-and-flights-article809726.html

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

100,000 Proud Englishmen To Invade Poland and Ukraine Empty Re: 100,000 Proud Englishmen To Invade Poland and Ukraine

Post by Dass Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

If by some miracle Scotland make it to the Euro Finals I was tempted to go across, it might never happen again for a while hell I'll be lucky if it happens this time.

The only thing putting me of going across is the thought of German, English and Poland fans in Poland in large numbers just screams powder keg waiting to go of. Maybe I'm just being to cynical.

Dass

Back to top Go down

100,000 Proud Englishmen To Invade Poland and Ukraine Empty Re: 100,000 Proud Englishmen To Invade Poland and Ukraine

Post by Duty281 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:31 pm

Well it probablywill kick off with the low low prices of beer, hope it doesn't though.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

What exactly do they have to be "proud" of? They'll be home before the postcards.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

super_realist wrote:What exactly do they have to be "proud" of? They'll be home before the postcards.

Still, it's nice to get there at least.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

Good point about a powder keg waiting to go off, and of course that would be further antagonised if the Scots get there (as both sets of fans are bound to want to wind the other set up when they've had a few). But the British FA's and Police are quite good at identifying the yobs before hand and stopping them travelling.

It may kick off, and I wonder how much trouble there'll be between Ukrainian and Russian fans, as neither are big fans of each other...

Still it's all an insignificance until Wales wipe the floor with everyone in 4 years time... Wink

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

super_realist wrote:What exactly do they have to be "proud" of? They'll be home before the postcards.

I really don't get Scotland fans. Every time England crash out of a tournament you plague forums with stuff like 'England is Poopie'. When was the last time you even QUALIFIED for a tournament, let alone do well?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:44 pm

It actually wasn't a remark from a Scottish perspective, but if I was English, I don't think I'd have a great deal to be proud of. Your team is a shambles against all but the worst teams, doesn't seem to care, over-rated players, no idea of how to play as a team and have a long history of being wretched in major competitions. What makes anyone think it will be any different this time?
Ranked 8 in the world Laugh . I don't think i'd put them in the top 8 in Europe even.

I'd also be a bit concerned about the venues. Both countries have a long tradition of thuggery to which the English could be easily reeled into.

Last edited by super_realist on Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

Duty281 wrote:

I really don't get Scotland fans. Every time England crash out of a tournament you plague forums with stuff like 'England is Poopie'. When was the last time you even QUALIFIED for a tournament, let alone do well?

He's not a Scotland fan either.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:07 pm

super_realist wrote:It actually wasn't a remark from a Scottish perspective, but if I was English, I don't think I'd have a great deal to be proud of. Your team is a shambles against all but the worst teams, doesn't seem to care, over-rated players, no idea of how to play as a team and have a long history of being wretched in major competitions. What makes anyone think it will be any different this time?
Ranked 8 in the world Laugh . I don't think i'd put them in the top 8 in Europe even.

I'd also be a bit concerned about the venues. Both countries have a long tradition of thuggery to which the English could be easily reeled into.

Well if we base it on the last World Cup, England are certainly one of the best 16 teams in the World and at least we got to the 2010 World tournament which is much more than about 167 nations can say. Proud to be English - the greatest sporting nation on Earth. thumbsup

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:17 pm

Duty281 wrote:
super_realist wrote:It actually wasn't a remark from a Scottish perspective, but if I was English, I don't think I'd have a great deal to be proud of. Your team is a shambles against all but the worst teams, doesn't seem to care, over-rated players, no idea of how to play as a team and have a long history of being wretched in major competitions. What makes anyone think it will be any different this time?

Well if we base it on the last World Cup, England are certainly one of the best 16 teams in the World and at least we got to the 2010 World tournament which is much more than about 167 nations can say. Proud to be English - the greatest sporting nation on Earth. thumbsup

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Nothing wrong with being proud of being English, but it's got nothing to do with sporting credentials or achievements, because in reality your football team really isn't any better than the likes of Greece and Serbia.

100,000 over-optimistic, unrealistic and undoubtedly disappointed (again) Englishmen.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

Laugh Laugh OK

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

Super_realist I think you're my favourite 606v2 poster. Your posts about the old firm on the top clubs article cracked me up.

I can't quite figure out whether you're on the windup or just feeling the need to put other teams down and provoke a reaction. Either way you're absolutely right at times.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

Bit of both Jay-z, the football forum can be a bit quiet where people can be a bit myopic and defensive about their own teams despite knowing that they aren't as good as they think they are, but aren't prepared to admit, and sometimes it needs a bit of a controvertial post to get the replies coming in and provoke a reaction to spark a debate.
There can however, be no doubt that British international football needs a serious shake up. There is no reason at all why it needs to be so poor.
England should easily be contending to win tournaments and Scotland should be at least qualifying every second tournament. If other tiny countries can do it, then the UK should certainly be able to get their act together.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Being English, and proud, i completely disgaree. Gary Neville is absolutely right, England are cack. The spine of the team is awful.

Adulterous Captain.
Over-hyped and long in the tooth midfield
Aggressive, petulant, thug of a talisman.

In my opinion, only Terry should be anywhere near the starting 11 come the first game of the Euro's and that's because he is a proper Captain (after he's finished banging his teammates wives).

It's about time we gave the next generation a shot. It didn't hurt Germany.

Hart

Smalling Jones Terry Cole

Walcott Wilshere Cleverley Young

Sturridge Welbeck

Stick the others on the bench.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down