The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remakes

+13
President Trump
TwisT
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
The Womble
dyrewolfe
legendkillar
Cari
Luke
Dass
Adam D
Kenny
westisbest
ADMIN
17 posters

Go down

Remakes Empty Remakes

Post by ADMIN Tue 11 Oct 2011, 3:19 pm

It's the easy and safe option in Hollywood. Take a recognisable film or franchise and do a remake to cash in.
But what films/shows haven't been redone that you'd like to see and who would you put in them?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Remakes Empty Re: Remakes

Post by westisbest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:35 pm

I'd like to see a remake of The Cannonball Run.

Jessica Simpson & Megan Fox could play the hot woman.

John Cho could play Jackie Chan's character.

Matthew McConaughey could play Burt Reynolds character.

Oliver Platt could play captain chaos.

Chris Tucker maybe as Sammy Davis Jnr character.

John Voight his mate.

Maybe Gerrard Butler as Roger Moore's character.

Love that film.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:37 pm

One of my favourite films is The Magnificent Seven love to see it remade , not sure who i would have star in it though any ideas ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:One of my favourite films is The Magnificent Seven love to see it remade , not sure who i would have star in it though any ideas ?

I would set in space and have former great actors play the roles of the 7 against an evil alien intent on conquering planets.

I would cast people like Robert Vaughan, George Peppard and someone like John Boy from the Waltons. Has winner written all over it OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:32 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
KingKenny7Heaven wrote:One of my favourite films is The Magnificent Seven love to see it remade , not sure who i would have star in it though any ideas ?

I would set in space and have former great actors play the roles of the 7 against an evil alien intent on conquering planets.

I would cast people like Robert Vaughan, George Peppard and someone like John Boy from the Waltons. Has winner written all over it OK

It will never happen, N.E.V.E.R. I say!!!... but if it was it should have a snappy name that includes words like "Battle" and "Stars".

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm

Dass wrote:
Adam D (Hobo) wrote:

It will never happen, N.E.V.E.R. I say!!!... but if it was it should have a snappy name that includes words like "Battle" and "Stars".

Yes i know its been remade again and again , even Disney did it with A Bugs Life . But i meen as a Western Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:24 am

Back to the Future possably with Ashton Krutcher.

Police Academy

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:30 am

A Police Academy remake isn't a bad shout, never the coolest of franchises in the first place and past the first two films it grew pretty naff.
Use the crowd from Dodgeball, Anchorman etc and I reckon that could work.

Kutcher would have to be too old to be Marty now surely. MJ Fox was only 24 for the first one.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

I would like to see a remake of the Last Starfighter - a cracking 80's film.

A Goonies remake would be pretty awesome too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

Watched Goonies again the other night, Hey you guys!!!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:23 pm

They have been trying to get a Police Academy reboot of the ground for the past 4yrs with definite scripts flying around during that time. The problem they seem to have is they don't know if they want to do a film with all the old faces or just a couple and a new generation of stars.

The more recent news suggested the latter route was where their thinking was starting to head.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:50 pm

I'm not keen ont he idea of remakes. I hope no one touches The Goonies or Back To The Future. Part of their charm is their '80s setting.

If I had to remake something it would be Logan's Run. With all the technology we have today, it could be interesting. Rumour has it there's one coming out in 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074812/

I'm not sure who'd replace Michael York and Jenny Agutter though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

I'll believe the Logan's Run remake when I see it, they've been trying to get one of the ground since the mid 90's with little to no effect.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

I would like to see a remake of Easy Rider. I think given the quality of actors out there. Would like to see Johnny Depp as Wyatt and Nicholas Cage as Billy. Would be an awesome film remake.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:

I think you should see Cowboys and Aliens, with Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:54 pm

I can't believe they remade Footloose! Shocked

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 13 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

As for old films I'd like to see re-made, I'd pick a few old war films, like:

Battle of Britain
The Dambusters
633 Squadron

The latter two suffered particularly from atrocious special effects and BoB had some very dodgy scenes when the Germans were bombing London.

Would also like to see Firefox remade and although this may be sacreligious to some, that sci-fi epic Dune.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:01 pm

I'd like to see Teen Wolf remade. Not sure who with but I reckon they could make it work. I would also like to see The Towering Inferno and Earthquake remade.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:21 am

Not sure about the actors/actresses to star in them, but how about remakes of:

Total Recall,
Alien,
Smokey and the bandit,
predator,
Robo Cop,
Hallowean,
Boyz in the hood,
Duel.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:30 am

from that list, Halloween has already been remade and had a sequel!

Robocop is about to be released and i think total recall is too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:38 am

tigerrobins wrote:Not sure about the actors/actresses to star in them, but how about remakes of:

Total Recall,
Alien,
Smokey and the bandit,
predator,
Robo Cop,
Hallowean,
Boyz in the hood,
Duel.

Both Total Recall and Robocop are being remade and should be released in the next couple of years barring any sudden production problems.

Halloween was remade just 4yrs ago by Rod Zombie, so unsure we will see another version any time soon.

Unsure if either Predator or Aliens will ever be remade as such rather just have continuing films in the franchise but you never know. Predator just had its latest addition to the growing list last year and it did decent money at the Box Office and with the reviewers, suggesting room for them to do more. While Aliens has 2 films on the horizon though they will be prequels to the original and Ridley Scott is attached to both projects though not as director from what I understand.

I'd like to see a Duel remake mainly due to being a massive fan of the author.

Last edited by Dass on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:39 am

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:from that list, Halloween has already been remade and had a sequel!

Robocop is about to be released and i think total recall is too.

Doh beat me to it, need to cut back on the typing.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

About Robocop remake:

Sony Pictures (Screen Gems division) was working on a new RoboCop film in late 2005. No details were revealed other than the unofficial (and confirmed) announcement. In November 2006, Bloody Disgusting reported that the RoboCop remake had been halted.[1]

In March 2008, however, RoboCop was mentioned in an MGM press release[2] regarding franchises it would be focusing on in the future. An MGM poster displayed at the Licensing International Expo of June 2008 read, "RoboCop coming 2010."[3] The studio met with Darren Aronofsky to discuss the possibility of his directing the film.[4] At the San Diego Comic-Con 2008, Aronofsky was confirmed to direct the "2010 RoboCop" film, with David Self writing the script.[5] However, the release date was postponed to 2011.[6]

On July 23, 2009, at the San Diego Comic-Con 2009 MGM was clearly present at the convention but when questions were asked about the RoboCop 2010 film, MGM representatives confirmed that there would be no promotion or information concerning the film at the convention that year except the confirmation that the movie would be pushed back to a summer 2010 or a later date, due to conflicting projects with the director (Darren Aronofsky). When asked if Aronofsky was still being considered or had been signed to direct the film, MGM representatives said they could neither confirm nor deny if Mr. Aronofsky was still connected with the project at that time.[7]

On January 5, 2010 the film and entertainment website Moviehole reported that the Robocop 2011 remake was indeed on hold and Darren Aronofsky was still attached to direct. However, once MGM executives, particularly Mary Parent the chairperson of MGM, saw the immense success of the James Cameron film Avatar it was clear to the higher-ups that they wanted a 3D film for the new Robocop. Due to the current financial state of MGM, without an owner, and the disagreements between the studio and Aronofsky, the film was still left on hold until those issues get resolved.[8]
On February 18, 2011, MGM announced that they still had plans for the RoboCop remake.[9] On March 02, 2011, it was announced that Brazilian director José Padilha was attached to direct, instead of Darren Aronofsky, mainly because of his commercial success with The Elite Squad and The Elite Squad 2.[10]

On March 11, 2011, Sean O'Neal of The A.V. Club stated that up-and-coming screenwriter Joshua Zetumer would create the script. Although Zetumer has been involved with a number of canceled or otherwise stagnant projects, he also worked writing for the blockbuster Quantum Of Solace.[11]

On April 12, 2011, screenrant.com reported on rumors that MGM was looking at A-List stars such as Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp and Keanu Reeves to star in the lead role of Alex Murphy/Robocop in the upcoming remake.[12]

On June 16, 2011, entertainment website Comingsoon.net released pictures of promotional art and a sales sheet from the Licensing International Expo 2011 in Las Vegas, NV promoting a future release of Robocop which would re-invent the franchise. The promotional material had sparse details of the film but clearly stated that MGM is targeting a 2013 release and Jose Padilha of Elite Squad and Bus 174 fame is confirmed as director of the film.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

And Total Recall remake with Colin Farrell:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

Much prefer Running Man to be remade over Total Recall.

Gremlins
Short Circuit
Zulu

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:16 am

Isnt the Running Man basically Takeshis Castle!

But good shout though - I loved the Arnie classic.

ANd Zulu should never be remade - its fantastic as is and could never be bettered.

If you are looking for a Michael Caine film to be remade, how about .....errr.......I'll get back to you on that one.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:And Total Recall remake with Colin Farrell:

I read that as with Will Ferell. I thought someone in Hollywood had lost their mind Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:04 pm

Maybe a bit controversial but I wouldn't mind seeing a Godfather remake.

I'd love to see Caddyshack remade too Smile
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:48 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Not sure about the actors/actresses to star in them, but how about remakes of:

Total Recall,
Alien,
Smokey and the bandit,
predator,
Robo Cop,
Hallowean,
Boyz in the hood,
Duel.

I don't think the majority of those should be re-made as they're pretty much perfect as they are. Sequels or prequels, on the other hand...

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Duel re-done either.

Also curious about the new Ghostbusters film coming out next year. Seems they've got the old gang back together, though exactly how big their roles will be is uncertain, as apparently they are supposed to be "handing over the reins" to a new generation of ghost hunters.

IMDB: Ghostbusters III
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

They were planning on having another try at Dune but Paramount have dropped it, done correctly that could be epic.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

I was thinking of Duel. They'd make it too flash these days though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
Adam D (Hobo) wrote:And Total Recall remake with Colin Farrell:

I read that as with Will Ferell. I thought someone in Hollywood had lost their mind Laugh

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:12 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:Isnt the Running Man basically Takeshis Castle!

But good shout though - I loved the Arnie classic.

ANd Zulu should never be remade - its fantastic as is and could never be bettered.

If you are looking for a Michael Caine film to be remade, how about .....errr.......I'll get back to you on that one.

Thing is the film Running Man was not the same as the book Running Man by Stephen King.

If that made the Running Man more in line with the book then that would be a cracking film.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:33 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:I'd like to see Teen Wolf remade. Not sure who with but I reckon they could make it work.

Teen Wolf was remade into a TV show, I think they were/are showing it on Living TV

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:37 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:
crazygangwomble wrote:I'd like to see Teen Wolf remade. Not sure who with but I reckon they could make it work.

I think they were/are showing it on Living TV

The seal of quality! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:59 pm

[quote="dyrewolfe"]As for old films I'd like to see re-made, I'd pick a few old war films, like:

Battle of Britain
The Dambusters
633 Squadron

The Dambusters, years ago I read somewhere that someone like Mel Gibson may have bought the rights to this film, the name of Guy Gibson's labrador's may have to be changed.
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:26 am

[quote=asdral225]The Dambusters, years ago I read somewhere that someone like Mel Gibson may have bought the rights to this film, the name of Guy Gibson's labrador's may have to be changed.[/quote]

Lol! You're not kidding...no way could you get away with naming a dog N****r these days (unless it was in one of those movies where they use the N-word a lot anyway).

Whoever's got the rights now, I really hope they do something with them. I'd also hope they do them justice with a big enough budget to build some flying replicas and not just CGI all the flight scenes.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:17 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:[quote=asdral225]The Dambusters, years ago I read somewhere that someone like Mel Gibson may have bought the rights to this film, the name of Guy Gibson's labrador's may have to be changed.

dyrewolfe wrote:Lol! You're not kidding...no way could you get away with naming a dog N****r these days (unless it was in one of those movies where they use the N-word a lot anyway).

Whoever's got the rights now, I really hope they do something with them. I'd also hope they do them justice with a big enough budget to build some flying replicas and not just CGI all the flight scenes.

There's definitely a remake in the works it just depends if they ever manage to get it started, Gibson's not had the film rights since 2004 and its passed hands a number of times before landing with Sir David Frost if I remember correctly. The remake has a first time director attached to the project with Peter Jackson as Producer and Stephen fry writing the script which will stay true to the books rather than fact much like the original film did, so it should be a interesting remake if nothing else.

This was started back in 2009 and I'm really not sure what stage they are at now though don't think filming has started, the script may be ready though and just waiting the green light to start. I think the closest guesstimate at this stage is its another 2/3 years away.

I remember hearing that the dog will be renamed Digger for the film.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 25 Oct 2011, 10:42 am

I cant believe they have remade Straw Dogs !! and set it in america !!!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

The Longest Day.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

the sting
the hustler
the graduate
taxi driver
apocolyse now

but then there are as close as americans have to culture so maybe they should remain the classics they are.- the thought of remakes feels as exiting as it does sacrilige.

maybe britain should remake them all- The yanks love to rewrite our history,culture,literature!! get them back perhaps

i like the idea of a back to the future remake above- good call.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:52 pm

Total Recall remake out august time

who gets the Arnie role ? Colin Farrell !!!!!!
Kate Beckinsdale will play the Sharon Stone part , Jessica Biels is in it also
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:31 pm

FWIW, that was itself a remake of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

Last edited by WhiteCamry on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:... and although this may be sacreligious to some, that sci-fi epic Dune.

That was remade as a TV mini-series in 2000.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down