The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new balls.

3 posters

Go down

The new balls. Empty The new balls.

Post by mthierry Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:06 am

Nadal and Murray have been complaining (they seem to do that a lot these days) about the constant change in design of the balls in the Asian swing of the tour.

I've not been following Shanghai so can anyone tell what tangible changes and effects can be observed with the new balls?

mthierry

Back to top Go down

The new balls. Empty Re: The new balls.

Post by laverfan Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:25 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/12/us-tennis-men-shanghai-balls-idUSTRE79B58P20111012

Nadal's only complaint afterward was with the balls being used in Shanghai, which he said are much faster than those at the Japan Open in Tokyo last week. He said the same balls should be used when there are several tournaments on the same surface in a row, such as the hard-court tournaments in Thailand, Japan and China on the tour's autumn Asian swing.

"Something must change because is too dangerous for the shoulders," he said. "That's something that, in my opinion, can change. In my opinion, not difficult to change."

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/7091313/rafael-nadal-andy-murray-advance-jo-wilfried-tsonga-upset-shanghai-masters

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:55 pm

laverfan wrote:the balls being used in Shanghai, which he said are much faster than those at the Japan Open in Tokyo last week.

We need faster balls all round. My complaint would be the slower ones the week before.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down