The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investment for Force India

2 posters

Go down

Investment for Force India Empty Investment for Force India

Post by The Special Juan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

Indian conglomerate Sahara has announced a deal to buy a large stake in the Force India Formula 1 team.

The company will invest $100m (£63m) for a 42.5% stake, making it co-owner with the team's co-founder Vijay Mallya, who will remain team principal.

The money will be used to invest in new technology to improve performance, a company statement said.

Sahara has a number of sporting interests and sponsors the Indian national cricket team.

"Formula 1 car racing has always remained the bastion of the western world," said company chairman Subrata Roy Sahara.

"The advent of India in this exciting sport has remained a matter of pride for all our countrymen. I feel doubly proud that Sahara is the co-owner of India's only Formula 1 team and I am sure that through Sahara Force India, we will together bring pride and laurels to our beloved nation."

Following the deal, the Moll family from the Netherlands, which helped found the team with Mr Mallya, will hold the remaining 15% stake.

Force India currently lies sixth in the Formula 1 constructors' table.

Source:bbcnews (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15282594)

Some good news to talk about for a change. Force India are a team on the up. Could they be challenging for podiums in the next 2/3 seasons? I certainly think so.

They have 3 great drivers competing for two seats. My tip is Di Resta and Sutil for next year too. They've done very well this season and I doubt Hulkenberg would have done better than them this season.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Investment for Force India Empty Re: Investment for Force India

Post by Critical_mass Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

Id like to see FI mix it up at the top, they've been doing well over the last few seasons and have slowly improved their performance, whether thats down to the drivers, the car or both.

They're certainly heading in the right direction and give it another season or 2 they'll be fighting for podiums. I can see Sutil and Di Resta being long term investments

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down