The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Do We Not Seem To Think BoxNation Is Good For It's Money?

+4
quentins_monkey
Rowley
Scottrf
AlexHuckerby
8 posters

Go down

Why Do We Not Seem To Think BoxNation Is Good For It's Money? Empty Why Do We Not Seem To Think BoxNation Is Good For It's Money?

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

The range of fights they are showing are very good to be fair to them, Donaire fights, Cotto ones.
£10 for the whole month whereas you'd have to pay £15 for just one nights...
Granted they're not exactly HD and the overall smoothness isn't there yet, but it's new.
Why are people seemingly already boycotting it because it's Fwank?
I'm gonna give it a fair chance will buy the first month and see how it is, why are others not?
It may go bankrupt in a few months time, granted, but for the fights you're seeing it's not awful is it? Far better than paying £15 for Audley versus Haye and you get loads of other fights and repeats of it in case you missed and don't have Sky+...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Why Do We Not Seem To Think BoxNation Is Good For It's Money? Empty Re: Why Do We Not Seem To Think BoxNation Is Good For It's Money?

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

SKY vs Boxnation

SKY
OCTOBER
Sat 22
British Super-Bantamweight title
Jason Booth v Scott Quigg
8.00pm Bolton Arena
Bolton

Sat 29
Prizefighter
8.00pm York Hall
Bethnal Green

NOVEMBER
Sat 19
British Heavyweight title eliminator
David Price v John McDermott
8.00pm Olympia
Liverpool

DECEMBER
Sat 2
WBA Middleweight title
Felix Sturm v Martin Murray
9.45pm Mannheim
Germany

BOXNATION
OCTOBER
15th Oct
Live from the Liverpool ECHO Arena
The WBO Light-Heavyweight Championship
Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellew

The European & WBO Intercontinental Super-Middleweight Championship
Piotr Wilczewski v James DeGale

Live from the Staples Centre, LA, USA

The WBC Light-Heavyweight Championship of the World
Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson
The WBC Lightweight Championship of the World
Antonio Demarco vs Jorge Linares
The WBO Inter-Continental Light-Weight Championship
Danny Garcia vs Kendall Holt
10 x 3 Welterweight Contest
Paulie Malignaggi vs Orlando Lora

21st Oct
The British Cruiserweight Championship
Robert Norton vs Leon Williams
The Vacant English Super-Bantamweight Title
Ryan Walsh vs Liam Richards
8 x 3 Light-Welterweight Contest
Dean Byrne vs TBA

22nd Oct
Live from Germany
WBO Cruiserweight Championship of the World
Marco Huck vs Rogelio Omar Rossi
IBF Inter-Continental Middleweight Championship
Dominick Britsch vs Billy Lyell

Live from Madison Square Garden, New York, USA
WBO/WBC World Bantamweight Championship
Nonito Donaire vs Omar Andres Narvaez

28th Oct
WBO Intercontinental Welterweight Championship
Frankie Gavin vs Frank Haroche Horta
The Central Area Welterweight Championship
Chris Johnson vs Ronnie Heffron

NOVEMBER
05th Nov
Live from the Wembley Arena, London
WBO Interim Lightweight Championship
Ricky Burns vs Michael Katsidis
British & Commonwealth Super-Middleweight Championship
George Groves vs Paul Smith
The Southern Area Middleweight Championship
Gary Boulden vs Billy Joe Saunders

11th Nov
Championship Fight to be advised

18th Nov
British & Commonwealth Featherweight Championship
Lee Selby vs John Simpson

25th Nov
The British Lightweight Championship
Anthony Crolla vs Willie Limond

DECEMBER
02nd Dec
Championship Fight to be advised

03rd Dec
Live from Madison Square Garden, New York, USA
The WBA Welterweight Championship of the World
Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito
The WBA Lightweight Championship of the World
Brandon Rios vs John Murray
12 x 3 Welterweight Contest
Mike Jones vs Sebastian Adres Lujan
10 x 3 Light-Middleweight Contest
Pawel Wolak vs Delvin Rodriguez

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Why Do We Not Seem To Think BoxNation Is Good For It's Money? Empty Re: Why Do We Not Seem To Think BoxNation Is Good For It's Money?

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:11 am

I mean just look at that, to be fair to BoxNation that is quality bills with good fights we all must be intersted in. Unless you're not a fan of boxing.
Also just out of curiosity Scott you seem to know a lot about these type of things, do you know what the viewing figures have been on BoxNation whilst it's been free to air, may give a decent inclination of how many people could perhaps buy... Of course the Clev - Bellew fights should do well for figures I'm guessing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:13 am

Alex don't think people are arguing with the content which looks good it is more a case this is an extra charge on top of both your licence fee and sky sports subscription. Is not as clear cut as choosing between the two as there are plenty of us who like other sports and so still need Sky to follow these. Also sticks in the craw that there are no other sports fan who have to shell out an extra tenner a month on top of the ordinary sky fee to watch the sport they love.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:18 am

Whilst I won't disagree I must ask would you rather pay for this and have a much larger content of boxing or pay £15 for PPV's? No doubt there will be a couple of PPV's when Primetime come knocking again but all in all it's not bad and you don't have to buy PPv's.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

£15+ for a PPV with a handful of fights, or £10 for a whole month of fights - if you see the schedule for the following month and don't think it's worth the spend, cancel your subscription, then rejoin when you think the schedule justifies the cost... I'm sure there may be a few admin costs to throw in there along the way but overall if it means I can see more live boxing then I'm for it... Smile

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

People on here said it would be free until end of year, is this still the case?

If so i'll make full use of it until then and then make my mind up.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

yES IT WILL TO UNTIL i BELIEVE SOMEWHERE AROUND dECEMBER i AM LED TO BELIEVE i WILL MILK IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH NOW AND THEN i'LL PROBABLY GO AND BUY IT.

Balls, I'm not re-writing it...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:03 am

We all love our boxing that was the idea why we all got Sky sports,these fights should be buckshee even if they were fought next year, instead Warren once again is trying to pick the pocket of the true boxing fans. Warren knows that rather than miss fights we'll all probably subscribe, both Warren and Sky both greedy rip off merchants.
Lets be fair some of the PPV under cards Warren had on were shocking, so he better keep his standards high,don't fancy paying to watch some unbeaten fighter against Joe No hope again.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

But to be fair look at the overseas fights they have! Plus Warren must realise it's imperative to match his fighters harder now, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt with it, but I know that I am setting myself up however!
Us true Hardcore boxing geeks can see Warren for what he is, but to be fair to the guy he was reporting massive losses by the en of his time with Sky... He had to do something, even I feel sorry the bloke! (Nah I don't really!)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:06 am

Has anyone heard if you can get business licences? Don't think you can for Primetime (although the local sports bar showed Froch).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:08 am

Well that's just stupid from Primetime, having bars show it costs extra money for them, they could make a bit of extra cash making them pay a bigger fee for showing it publically. Sometimes i wonder do they know whats going on at Primetime?!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:11 am

Alex you're missing the point here, mate.

As Rowley rightly says, we aren't disagreeing that there are good fights on show, but the issue is that many of us already pay a good deal of money out each month, and it isn't as simple as cancelling the other packages as for example I like to watch the cricket, which is exclusively skysports, along with various documentaries etc, and the other half likes watching her garbage entertainment shows.

Really cannot justify an extra £10 per month when a) we already pay enough and b) no other sports fans get treated in this manner. The best solution for all is for this venture of Warren's to really spectacularly fail, and then it may deter others from following suit.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

The thing that justifies it for me is that there is a fair few fights from overseas that you don't get from Sky.
When have Sky showed any interest in the likes of Donaire, we'll get Alvarez fights due to the likes of Goldenboy, I mean Sky didn't even show Berto - Ortiz which was a massive disapointment for me.
We get the fights liek this, it justifies the £10 a month.
would rather pay that than the crummy £15 for one nighters for Primetime to see Floyd spark out Ortiz...
£10 for me it ain't that much and starting to feel pretty happy about it to be hoenst with you...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:00 pm

If BoxNation maintains a schedule close to that for the October, November and December this year then £10 is pretty reasonable IMO.

The problem is i can imagine Warren has paid out big for the all the fights to lure you in and once the channel is subscription only then the quality of fights will fade.

If you watch all sports then Sky Sports is also good value, for example a friend of mine is retired and a sports nut and watches pretty much all of the cricket, golf, football, rugby league and darts events so for him the fee is extremely good value.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:30 pm

Alex I think it represents excellent value at the moment, as others mentioned I hope they're not just dangling the carrot and keep the big fights coming.

Since Sky has thrown all its cash at football ive cancelled my package I once was a thoroughbred football fan but cant stand to watch those babies now, and awful game with idiotic fans. I watched Man City fans face the terraces and proceeding in jumping up and down, grown men acting like that! totally embarrassing. Thoroughly enjoy the rugby on Sky but40 odd quid for the odd game and prizefighter a month I can't justify it, feel sorry for those who enjoy all sports and die hard boxing fans.

£10 a month for the sport I love and a few bob for at the races, means I'm a happy chap,

keep up the good work Boxnation and please don't employ Adam Smith.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down