The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's official, England have surrendered

+20
english warrior
Bitter Beer
Cari
Adam D
Metal Tiger
robbo277
Pot Hale
doctor_grey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Scot Abroad
maestegmafia
PJHolybloke
Hood83
TheGreyGhost
Shifty
Knowsit17
Dai Tryin
radelven
mystiroakey
Gatts
24 posters

Go down

It's official, England have surrendered Empty It's official, England have surrendered

Post by Gatts Thu 13 Oct 2011, 6:37 pm

Quote : The Welsh flag will be flying above Downing Street, you have no idea how difficult it is to get these things done. David Cameron

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15255581

Gatts

Back to top Go down

It's official, England have surrendered Empty Re: It's official, England have surrendered

Post by mystiroakey Thu 13 Oct 2011, 6:47 pm

its nice take it as a compliment. most of us want you to do well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

It's official, England have surrendered Empty Re: It's official, England have surrendered

Post by radelven Thu 13 Oct 2011, 6:54 pm

That article just tells us what we already knew, that the English are nicer and more generous sport lovers than the Welsh

Wink

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Tryin Thu 13 Oct 2011, 7:17 pm

Yes but what flag would they fly if Engerland were still in the RWC???
But yeah appreciate the sentiment.

Dai Tryin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 7:23 pm

Enjoy the coattail ride randy

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm

The Welsh rugby team did what Owain Glyndwr did not! Yahoo

Nice touch by the government though, at least they are making an effort to be supportive to us. Thanks England. Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

It's your government too folks Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm

Here's a question would we raise the St George flag in Cardiff for the English? Shocked

I don't think we would, i reckon if the footy lads made a world cup final we would but not for the rugby team ever.

Nice gesture from the English thou but we don't need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

Wait. Don't Wales have their own devolved parliament?

What flag are the Scotts flying at Holyrood?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:46 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Here's a question would we raise the St George flag in Cardiff for the English? Shocked

I don't think we would, i reckon if the footy lads made a world cup final we would but not for the rugby team ever.

Nice gesture from the English thou but we don't need it.

Of course you don't NEED it, which is why it's a nice GESTURE. Is it so hard to just say 'that's a pleasant surprise' and leave it at that?

And as for us riding our your coat-tails that ridiculous...and i will be fully supporting the West British team all the way to the final! Wink

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:48 pm

England don't have a government.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

No wonder the country's in a shambles Wink

We English should start one immediately, funded by Scottish and Welsh tax payers of course. See how they like it.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

AlynDavies wrote:The Welsh rugby team did what Owain Glyndwr did not! Yahoo

Nice touch by the government though, at least they are making an effort to be supportive to us. Thanks England. Hug

Quite accurate as this has apparently taken much letigation, Glyndwr was a big litigator too. Far more the politician than the guerilla terrorist, english history portrays him as, or the mythical, magical character Shakespeare portrayed him as in Henry the IV part One.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:57 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:No wonder the country's in a shambles Wink

We English should start one immediately, funded by Scottish and Welsh tax payers of course. See how they like it.

That would be typically arrogant.

I'm in! Yahoo
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:01 pm

First policy should be to get more coverage of England on to the BBC, and TV in general.

I watched Sky's rugby club tonight, less than half of it was taken up discussing England's future, and they had nearly a 5 minute segment on Wales in the world cup. Outrageous.

The majority of sky subscribers are English surely, we're funding it, why on Earth would we want to hear about Wales? same thing holds for the BEEB. England are out now, move on for goodness sake, let's focus on ill-discipline and arrogance in the football camp now. How about Rooney does something silly and gets banned so we can focus on that instead?

Or some nice cricket. We English are the best in the world at that, don't you know.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:04 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:First policy should be to get more coverage of England on to the BBC, and TV in general.

I watched Sky's rugby club tonight, less than half of it was taken up discussing England's future, and they had nearly a 5 minute segment on Wales in the world cup. Outrageous.

The majority of sky subscribers are English surely, we're funding it, why on Earth would we want to hear about Wales? same thing holds for the BEEB. England are out now, move on for goodness sake, let's focus on ill-discipline and arrogance in the football camp now. How about Rooney does something silly and gets banned so we can focus on that instead?

Or some nice cricket. We English are the best in the world at that, don't you know.
laughing

Who are you and what have you done with TGG?

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm

They'd have a pretty poor budget to do anything if that was the case.

I don't think there will be a change to the flag flying over Holyrood. As a side note, the flag poll is actually the most expensive one in the world after it's original cost of 500 pounds skyrocketed. It ended up costing 20 million. We know what to spend our money on!

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:07 pm

Eh? In NZ we have a bit of a tradition of flag poles being cut down and needing to be replaced. But 20 million is really taking it to an extreme.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by radelven Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

Scot Abroad wrote:

I don't think there will be a change to the flag flying over Holyrood. As a side note, the flag poll is actually the most expensive one in the world after it's original cost of 500 pounds skyrocketed. It ended up costing 20 million. We know what to spend our money on!

Sounds like you got shafted....

...sorry

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:15 pm

Scot Abroad wrote:

That's nowt man! The wee flag you have at the top of it costs us £15 billion - a year... Doh
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:46 pm

Dai Tryin wrote:Yes but what flag would they fly if Engerland were still in the RWC???

The British one

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:54 pm

Wow, this got off the wagon. From a good natured comment and article about the English supporting Wales to a bunch of idiotic regional/nationalistic nonsense. Last time I looked, the United Kingdom is exactly that. And to tear down this creation may be satisfying at some base emotional level, but is ultimately destructive. To all of us. Devolution was always a short term political ploy to secure votes at a point in time. To wing it out of control, is, well, out of control.

I have served under shoite conditions for this country. Tearing it apart is something I simply don't get.

Rant over.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:00 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:

We English

You havent suddenly unearthered a grandparent too have you?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:07 am

Turns out I have an Irish grandmother, Welsh grandfather and two English great grandfathers and one Scottish grandmother.

I reckon I'm sorted.

Now, for my list of demands.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:11 am

Youre not English enough to play for scotland, you dont qualify for us, wales dont need you ...looks like youre Irish now Grey O'Ghost

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Youre not English enough to play for scotland, you dont qualify for us, wales dont need you ...looks like youre Irish now Grey O'Ghost

An Anglo-Welsh playing for Ireland? Not in a million years. Send him to one of the colonies immediately.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:14 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:Turns out I have an Irish grandmother, Welsh grandfather and two English great grandfathers and one Scottish grandmother.

I reckon I'm sorted.

That is a hell of a lot of donors for one test tube.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:02 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:Turns out I have an Irish grandmother, Welsh grandfather and two English great grandfathers and one Scottish grandmother.

I reckon I'm sorted.

How long have you been in England? I'm sure you must qualify on residency by now!

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:59 am

Dai Tryin wrote:Yes but what flag would they fly if Engerland were still in the RWC???

Doesn't quite work that way....

Downing Street is the residence of the British Prime Minister.... not English... so it always flys the Union Jack... same as Buck Palace & Westminster.

England doesn't actually have it's own parliament like Scotland or the assembly in Wales.

If England were still in it, they would still be flying the Union Flag.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:08 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:First policy should be to get more coverage of England on to the BBC, and TV in general.

This just sent a terrible shiver down my spine Shocked

Typical English Arrogance.

drumroll
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:34 am

Metal Tiger wrote:

This just sent a terrible shiver down my spine Shocked

Typical English Arrogance.

drumroll

English & Welsh arrogance for the cricket

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:

Nearly right:

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:49 am

Apparently the flag was put up as it was requested by a presenter from Real Radio Wales and she kept nagging them. Downing Street initially advised her that they wouldn't put it up for semi final, but then gave in.

I personally wish they'd left it until the final. This may be the Kiss of Death! Shocked

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:51 am

Cari wrote:Apparently the flag was put up as it was requested by a presenter from Real Radio Wales and she kept nagging them. Downing Street initially advised her that they wouldn't put it up for semi final, but then gave in.

I personally wish they'd left it until the final. This may be the Kiss of Death! Shocked

they are flying the Welsh flag above Windsor if we get to the final.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:51 am

God i forgot all about cricket, why am i watching this egg chasing nonsense?! The key to being an English sports fan is to be flexible about your 'favourite' sport. Mainly a darts fan, but cricket also recently. Rugby? Never heard of it.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

Oh, and i think most of the ill-discipline and arrogance stories are coming from the New Zealand media. Which is a little bit sad really.

Sky, as we know, can do what they want, but they're giving their subscribers (the majority) what they want - coverage of England. The English press, well, clues in the name. The Beeb, should do a hell of a lot better, but i think it's FINALLY now covering Wales in some depth.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitter Beer Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:06 am

maestegmafia wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:The Welsh rugby team did what Owain Glyndwr did not! Yahoo

Quite accurate as this has apparently taken much letigation, Glyndwr was a big litigator too. Far more the politician than the guerilla terrorist, english history portrays him as, or the mythical, magical character Shakespeare portrayed him as in Henry the IV part One.

You forgot to mention that English history rarely describes him as tactically inept, which he was.

Bitter Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:40 am

Owain Glydwr, lost to the English and thats all history needs to tell us. Hope this Welsh propensity to choke and lose doesn't carry on tomorrow!! Alright, i'm being economical with the truth here!! I hope the French absolutely slaughter them, because the Welsh fans on here and elsewhere are unbearable when they've achieved sweet FA, imagine what they would be like if they actually won something of note. France to crush those upstart Welsh and then beat the Aussies in the final!! Alez les bleus!! Very Happy

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

Pot Hale wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Youre not English enough to play for scotland, you dont qualify for us, wales dont need you ...looks like youre Irish now Grey O'Ghost

An Anglo-Welsh playing for Ireland? Not in a million years. Send him to one of the colonies immediately.

Good plan, lets transport him to Australia. Hopefully he'll fall off the bottom of the Earth.

Or end up playing for Italy.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:33 am

We English should start one immediately, funded by Scottish and Welsh tax payers of course. See how they like it..
laughing

Thanks for that GG it brightened up my Friday morning.

That's Sky for you, the Rugby Club normally being an excuse for a Barnes rant with comments from Greenwood and Morris to help spur him on. Mainly dribble I'm afraid, the only way to get good rugby coverage is by watching ESPN which sadly doesn't cover international or Rabo Rugby.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:34 am

english warrior wrote:Owain Glydwr, lost to the English and thats all history needs to tell us. Hope this Welsh propensity to choke and lose doesn't carry on tomorrow!! Alright, i'm being economical with the truth here!! I hope the French absolutely slaughter them, because the Welsh fans on here and elsewhere are unbearable when they've achieved sweet FA, imagine what they would be like if they actually won something of note. France to crush those upstart Welsh and then beat the Aussies in the final!! Alez les bleus!! Very Happy

That's better, lets have some more of that stuff, its good for you warrior, go get the brie and bordeaux ready for tomorrow morning, auvoir thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:53 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:the only way to get good rugby coverage is by watching ESPN which sadly doesn't cover international or Rabo Rugby.
Yet..............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitter Beer Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:10 am

I happen to think Sky's coverage is fine. I also think ESPN's coverage is fine. I also think TRC is a good programme and covers most facets of the game well.

Bitter Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

Will the Queen wear a Wales top if they make the final?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitter Beer Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:30 am

I'd be amazed if she's in the slightest bit interested tbh.

Bitter Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:56 am

Hersh

Welcome

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed insult.)

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

The queen loves rugby, did you not hear Hugh Grant mention there's a tackly based on her.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:37 pm

english warrior wrote:Owain Glydwr, lost to the English and thats all history needs to tell us. Hope this Welsh propensity to choke and lose doesn't carry on tomorrow!! Alright, i'm being economical with the truth here!! I hope the French absolutely slaughter them, because the Welsh fans on here and elsewhere are unbearable when they've achieved sweet FA, imagine what they would be like if they actually won something of note. France to crush those upstart Welsh and then beat the Aussies in the final!! Alez les bleus!! Very Happy

Jesus an Englishman talking about history and then supporting the French!

You might want to see how many times the Welsh supported England in wars, even against our fellow Celts! Then have a look at how many times the French have handed you your backsides! 80% of the wepons the Americans used against the British army in the war of independance were actually from France.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

Yahoo Alyn Davies- I hate petty nationalism and it doesn't get much pettier than that emanating from the 'Principality'.

I've never personally understood all this anti- French sentiment and bile, and feel that they are a great and fine nation. Then theres Wales , so nuff said and hope you don't get hammered or disgraced, whoops, there i go being economical with the truth again!! Ha,ha,ha. Allez les bleus.

You might say that in some corner of England we'll all be supporting France!! Yahoo

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:58 pm

english warrior you are entitled to support whoever you wish thumbsup

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down