The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABF

+5
englandglory4ever
EnglishReign
HammerofThunor
offload
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
9 posters

Go down

ABF Empty ABF

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:52 am

Anyone But France

I dont care about the red card ( believe it was justifibale under the current refereeing guidlines) but I cant cheeer for France in the final. A woeful side with a soft ride to get there. Worse than England in 07.

For the sake of the integrity of the cup ...anyone but France please!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

ABF Empty Re: ABF

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:53 am

I wanted France to win!

Hope it's a France v Aus final now.

Back to top Go down

ABF Empty France - worst finalists ever

Post by offload Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

Sour grapes? Maybe, so what.

This French side is awful.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

Merge it with my ABF thread, couldnt agree more.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:45 am

I want the All Blacks to win. After that France (my dad's got them in his work sweepstake)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

HammerofThunor wrote:After that France (my dad's got them in his work sweepstake)
That's got to be one of the most tenuous reasons to support France ever. A bit like saying I once owned a Citroen or I've got a hamster called Pierre!

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:50 am

Loads worse than England in 07! England were actually the better team in their QF and SF...

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:50 am

I want my dad to win some money? How is that tenuous?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sat 15 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

France are rubbish and have lost not one but two matches in this RWC and find themselves in the Final. Incredible!

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 15 Oct 2011, 5:41 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless the wobblies and NZ tear each other apart and no-one is left standing France is going to get a royal toweling in the final.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:I want my dad to win some money? How is that tenuous?
Aye, it's fair enough. I'll need his address for my begging letter though...

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Anyone But France

I dont care about the red card ( believe it was justifibale under the current refereeing guidlines) but I cant cheeer for France in the final. A woeful side with a soft ride to get there. Worse than England in 07.

For the sake of the integrity of the cup ...anyone but France please!

So even if France start playing the most beautiful rugby in the world next week against a NZ/Aus side that are being horrifically cynical, you won't cheer France on?

If they play in the final like they have all tournament (quite likely in my view), fair enough, but to refuse to base your opinion on how they turn up on the day isn't much of a sport loving attitude.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:13 pm

If France is one of the top two countries in International rugby then we should all give it up.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

I cannot bring myself to support a French team which is far, far less than the sum of it's parts. There are 4 or 5 players who have carried them through. So much individual talent, yet we see performances which do not reflect this.

It has been a disappointing day, and one in which I feel the real loser has been rugby.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:25 pm

Ozzy
And another loser is all the Kiwis that paid hard earned money to watch that game.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:29 pm

laurie, I think this conversation on another thread should sum up my thoughts on the matter...

Ozzy3213 wrote:
red_stag wrote:Also scary thought - has Mike Phillips been one of best scrumhalves at this tournament. Probably second after Yachvilli??

No Stag, he's not been one of the best. Pains me to say it, but he has been THE best. It's the best he's played since the Lions.

Evening all

Am surprised at myself at how gutted I feel about Wales going out of the competition. I am sure that all the Welsh regs in here are very proud of the endeavour their team has shown, and rightly so.

I actually feel better about missing the final next week now though, as I have no real desire to watch a French team that is far, far less than the sum of its' parts.

Mick(TEFC) wrote:Pete,beware,each team plays a "great" game in a tournament.The French,still waiting for their first top notch match' have openly stated that they want NZ for this exercise.I take France to win by at least 7 against either of the pretenders.They are in the final of the world's greatest international(spit) competition,and still haven't turned up.vice champions without even trying is not in the French mindset; since the "old-Hands" have taken over, after Tonga, Ml is just growing his tache, the players will win this for/by themselves.

Gibson wrote:I disagree. I think France could win it now. They are free. This is a one-off game now. All to gain and nowt to lose, from where they were in the pool and knockouts. It may liberate them.

Never write the French off. They love that sheet.

Ozzy3213 wrote:Chef

I have no doubt that France have a 'great' performance in them, and so they should, they have World Class individuals running through their team. Whether they turn up and play in the final and win, or they shuffle off meakly with their heads shoved up their orses is neither here nor there for me.

Their performances have at times been shockingly poor and for me, by them making the final, rugby was the loser today.

Ozzy3213 wrote:Gibbo

My point is not about whether they win or lose, we all know they have it in them to turn up and trounce anyone on any given day, my point is they have short changed their fans with what they have given and the sooner Lievremont is replaced by PSA the better for me.

Can you honestly say that you would be happy to have mad Marc lauded as a World Cup winning coach?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:41 pm

Ozzy
Iv'e just eaten my breakfast,and I come on the pc to find miles and miles of comment on what was a very important game, Surely I cant be expected to read every comment on this site that has been written on the subject while i"ve been asleep.
The point I was trying to make was that there are plenty of Kiwis who paid good money to watch what turned into a dead game,disintergrate to its inevtitable conclusion.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum