The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How willl Warburton's role be remembered.

+23
Pot Hale
TycroesOsprey
maestegmafia
Gatts
Shifty
majesticimperialman
Stellar Key
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
rodders
jay_welsh
Cymroglan
Cari
eirebilly
doctornickolas
trebellbobaggins
Knowsit17
welshy824
Sin é
Standulstermen
red_stag
Cardiff Taffy
Rory_Gallagher
Looseheaded
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How willl Warburton's role be remembered. - Page 2 Empty How willl Warburton's role be remembered.

Post by Looseheaded Sat 15 Oct 2011, 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Following the sending off, how will Sam (who has been outstanding for us as a player, leader and ambassador of welsh rugby) be looked upon by rugby fans after today? Will his sterling performances previous to the controversy allow him to remain a popular and respected player? Or will this be enough to spoil his work? In my opinion he still deserves to be in the RWC team of the tournament as he has been immense, and I still think he's been player of the tournament. How do you view him/his WC performance now?

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

How willl Warburton's role be remembered. - Page 2 Empty Re: How willl Warburton's role be remembered.

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:28 pm

I think he'll come out clean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQwbqtyUT_o&feature=related

Back to top Go down

How willl Warburton's role be remembered. - Page 2 Empty Re: How willl Warburton's role be remembered.

Post by Shifty Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

A quality young kid, who stepped up when Wales needed a captain and gave his all, he got unlucky today, bad set of circumstances really.

No one will blame him. Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:51 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Never mind remembered, he will be leading a young, dynamic welsh team as favourites in the 6N.. and he deserves too. Fantastic player who made a poor tackle.

I really wouldn't want to be French when we play them in the 6Ns!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

There isnt even a debate here

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

It may not be this time but to quote the Sloop Dogg Band, "Wth Sam the captain well bring the cup home" he has to keep the captaincy, we must make sure we move on from this defeat and make sure this world cup isnt a flash in the pan.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:32 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote: he has to keep the captaincy, we must make sure we move on from this defeat and make sure this world cup isnt a flash in the pan.

Too right, and Sam is the man to make sure we do move on. Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:07 am

Warburton will probably be remembered outside Wales like O'Gara was for his giveaway penalty in the second Lions match.

Unfairly.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by jammoboss Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if3iN2knYUg&sns=fb

jammoboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 1:07 am

jammoboss wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if3iN2knYUg&sns=fb

Load of Beaulax

Letter of the law was followed, I don't agree with letter of the law, but the law stands and implemented correctly..

Back to top Go down

Post by dubh_linn Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

red_stag wrote:But he cant use replays to make his call. He assessed the situation and did the hard but riggt thing. I understand frustration and losinstagg your captain but as I have said on another thread to me this is very clear red card. The fact it ruined the game is not refs problem.

Stag....given that it was such a big decision do you think he should have consulted with touch judge and tmo rather than giving a straight red?

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

dubh_linn wrote:Stag....given that it was such a big decision do you think he should have consulted with touch judge and tmo rather than giving a straight red?

If the ref has a good view of the event why consult with others? What constitutes a "big" decision - a try, a card, a penalty to win the game, etc. The ref. made a decision that was 100% right according to the Laws, which is his job.

If the referee had consulted his assistants and the tmo the outcome would still have been a red card.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

with Pienaar dribbling yesterday about the TMO's i am wrong in assuming that they arent allowed to in that scenario and didnt POB admonish TMO for that after the tri-nations?

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:32 pm

TMOs are not allowed to be used in incidents like this so it was never an option.

As for original post IMO he will be seen as our captain and No7 for the long term future, great on the filed and very good with press etc off the field.

Still insist it should have been a yellow so from me he was unlucky but I guess he will learn from it and get better.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

Quick question Bedford.

Will Rees regain the captaincy for the 6N? Big call to be made. I would personally leave it with Warburton but what do you think?

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:37 pm

Stand,

IMO no, leave it with Sam now and for the future.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:44 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Stand,

IMO no, leave it with Sam now and for the future.

Fully agree, I will be very surprised to see it go back to Rees. Unlucky for him though.

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 16 Oct 2011, 2:33 pm

I know this may suprise some but I think Rees is far more guranteed his place in the side than Warburton is, Tipuric is very similar to Warburton and potentially there wont be much in it between them for years to come.
One of them will of course steal a march at some point and cement their place to the detriment of the other, like Dwayne Peel did to Gareth Cooper but it will be a great battle to watch.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

Maybe if Tipuric gets on the international stage in the future Warburton could see a switch to blindside? Though Lydiate is in great form.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 16 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

Gatts wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:Never mind remembered, he will be leading a young, dynamic welsh team as favourites in the 6N.. and he deserves too. Fantastic player who made a poor tackle.

I really wouldn't want to be French when we play them in the 6Ns!

The French with St Andre at the helm will be a WHOLE different kettle of fish, I am glad we got them at home. He will soon have them firing again and restore the Gallic flair and passion etc.

They still have class young players for him to work with
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2