The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We wanted IRB consistentcy, will we get it?

4 posters

Go down

We wanted IRB consistentcy, will we get it? Empty We wanted IRB consistentcy, will we get it?

Post by Morgannwg Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:04 pm

I suppose we got it, unfortunately for me and many others my team were on the recieving end. IRB laws cite it as dangerous play and Rolland had to act against Warburtons tackle. The IRB have acted further as this offence automatically warrants a 6 week ban (but reduced to 3 in this case). With this I now hope to see referee's/IRB consistently punish these offences, dangerous tackles have been going on all through the tournament. Hopefully Allain Rolland, a class official, set the bench-mark yesterday. Now to move on to my main point.

Will the IRB be consistent and cite David Pocock for his strike at Andrew Hore today?

There was a scrum to Australia within the 65th minute, one that was dominated by the All Blacks who drove them back and forced the penalty. Pocock ends up with the ball on the floor (he is supposed to let go but didn't). Andrew Hore tries to dislodge it but is thrown to one side in the process by an Aus 2nd row, Pocock then half gets to his feet and makes attempted strikes at Hore, the last strike making contact with his face. The fabled Aus open-side played and cheated his heart out today but it was all in vain against an impregnable All Blacks, I could understand his frustrations. However this doesn't excuse it, the original penalty stood as far as I am aware and no further action was taken.

Now over to the IRB to take action for what is officially classed in the laws as 'Dangerous play and misconduct.' If not, the IRB shall remain inconsistent and Wales on the recieving end of tough justice was for nothing.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

We wanted IRB consistentcy, will we get it? Empty Re: We wanted IRB consistentcy, will we get it?

Post by eirebilly Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:09 pm

It may be me but i really didnt see anything too harsh in what Pocock did.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

We wanted IRB consistentcy, will we get it? Empty Re: We wanted IRB consistentcy, will we get it?

Post by Standulstermen Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

I think maybe the Samoan fullback would be a more applicable example but i didnt see what Pocock did.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

There's a big difference between a slap to the face (which is all Pocock did) and a tip/spear tackle.

This is starting to look a bit like sour grapes wanting other players to be cited for lesser offences. It won't change yesterday's result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

in that case expect to see Mike Phillips red carded every game as he swings at least one punch a game. Is this how this site is now going to look, a welsh poster complaining that someone was not sentoff like Warbs was, and the injustice of it all. You lost but were the better team all game and were the best performing team all world cup take heart in that and look forward to a probable grandslam

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:19 pm

Well if you haven't seen it, I've told you when it happens. So if you have recorded it then view it.

This isn't sour grapes, I don't see why you have to tarnish articles with your stupid comments all the time. I didn't compare offences. IRB clearly states what Pocock did as dangerous play and misconduct so should take action. I want consistentcy, I thought we all did?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:23 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:in that case expect to see Mike Phillips red carded every game as he swings at least one punch a game. Is this how this site is now going to look, a welsh poster complaining that someone was not sentoff like Warbs was, and the injustice of it all. You lost but were the better team all game and were the best performing team all world cup take heart in that and look forward to a probable grandslam

Mike Phillips does not swing one punch a game. Ridiculous thing to say.

What Rolland did took bottle from him because he was the first to do so; the fact he was on such a big stage (a RWC quarter final) allowed the whole world to see that these were the laws and that dangerous tackles will not be tolerated any further, the IRB acted further. I wouldn't want that to be for nothing. IRB should maintain the consistentcy now and forever.

*Ulsterman, I have to use this incident as an example because it's the most recent and action can still be taken. I doubt it though. Rugby loses out due to IRB inconsistentcy again then.

Last edited by Morgannwg on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

I have seen it a few times Morganwig but i honestly dont see anything in what Pocock did. That happens several times in every game and if you want players being charged for that then i am afraid that we would'nt be seeing top players on the field week in and week out as they would all be suspended.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

It's a clear strike in which no action was taken. I didn't think there was much in it either but laws are laws... Strikes to the face rarely happen, a bit of argie bargie here and there. Unless you can give us several recent examples.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:43 pm

I have to go offline now, got plans for this evening. I may be back online tomorrow during Uni if anyone would care to discuss it further.

Hug

Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down