The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uplifting News for a Gloomy Monday.

4 posters

Go down

Uplifting News for a Gloomy Monday. Empty Uplifting News for a Gloomy Monday.

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:20 am

Morning Chaps,

After picking myself up after the deep dark depression of the Hopkins vs Dawson fight this weekend I read the following story yesterday abut a guy called Dewey Bozella.

Dewey was making his pro debut at the age of 52 after serving 26 years for a murder he didn't commit.

Link to the story is below.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7108340/exonerated-ex-con-dewey-bozella-wins-pro-boxing-debut-52

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Uplifting News for a Gloomy Monday. Empty Re: Uplifting News for a Gloomy Monday.

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

I read that, too. Was a nice story, and good that he intends to stop after proving himself in this one fight. Hopefully he can have a good effect on the youngster he is planning to train.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Uplifting News for a Gloomy Monday. Empty Re: Uplifting News for a Gloomy Monday.

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:26 am

What a heart warming story, and what guts the man has.

Superb read, badger. Thanks for sharing.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:24 am

Read about the guy a few weeks back on The Ring's website, totally forgot to check if he won.

Good to see GBP gave him his chance and he had his 4 round moment in the spotlight. Good luck to him for the future i say.

Side note - It's not just Italy that you get convicted for murder even though there's zero physical evidence putting you at the scene of the crime.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

What amazed me the most was the fact that a plea bargain was put to him a few years back. He would of got out had he excepted the guilt they had labelled him with.

Takes someone with steely strong convictions not to give in and take the easy route.

Wonder how long before this gets the Hollywood treatment.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:57 am

Thought you were going to say TRUSS had resigned from the boards after making an a$$ of himself again this weekend

Sir, badgerhands wrote - Wonder how long before this gets the Hollywood treatment. - They've already made "The Hurricane"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

DAVE667 wrote:Sir, badgerhands wrote - Wonder how long before this gets the Hollywood treatment. - They've already made "The Hurricane"

Not sure that would stop them from making another film of the same ilk.

Tom Hanks will probabley get the lead role and Jennifer Aniston will be the love interest!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down