The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Great Year Domestically - Poor Year Internationally

4 posters

Go down

2011 Great Year Domestically - Poor Year Internationally Empty 2011 Great Year Domestically - Poor Year Internationally

Post by Uzzykhan Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

Just let me start by saying Long time reader 1st time poster.

Hasnt 2011 been a great year for domestic fights?

Degale - Groves
Cleverly - Bellew
Fury - Chisora
Mitchell - Murray

Ive watched all these fights and really enjoyed them all most of which were promoted by Frank Warren and as much as i think most people hate him he really has put on some good shows this year.

Then you have the awful "super fights" as mentioned in a previous thread:

Mayweather - Ortiz
Hopkins - Dawson
Haye - Klit

Do you think domestically thats the way forward now for promotion? Build up great british domestic rivalries? I know the money isnt obviously as good but like the article before at some point the casual fan will say enough is enough.

What has been your favorite Domestic fight this year?

Uzzykhan

Back to top Go down

2011 Great Year Domestically - Poor Year Internationally Empty Re: 2011 Great Year Domestically - Poor Year Internationally

Post by KingMonkey Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

Mitchell - Murray had everything for me as a fight but the Groves - Degale build up was superb. I was nervous before both of them but in each case my man won. In terms of the fight itself the Mitchell scrap has got to take it.

Say what you like about the major international fights and the disappontments but you can't beat the anticipation and glamour. Everything about the Haye - Wlad fight was tense until the bell rung!

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

2011 Great Year Domestically - Poor Year Internationally Empty Re: 2011 Great Year Domestically - Poor Year Internationally

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:01 am

You're not this guy are you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS7soODPito

With regards to the OP I think you're spot on, Murray-Mitchell was a cracker - one of the best domestic tear-ups I've seen in years. DeGale Groves was a classic just for the "and the NEW.......!" moment. Hilarious.

The international players were all thoroughly dissapointing on the other hand.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

Mitchell-Murray was a cracker for me. They say styles make fights and this was proof of it. That fight had everything, id agree with you that the domestic scraps including the recent match up between Liam Walsh & Paul Appelby, have been much better watching then alot of the 'super fights' weve had out there. Im hoping a few more domestic fights are going to be exiting, i reckon a good one will be George Groves Vs Paul Smith that we have coming up.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down