The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India v England 3rd ODI Debate.

+19
trebellbobaggins
mystiroakey
Leff
sack master
hodge
eirebilly
Duty281
msp83
JDizzle
Issac Watson
Mike Selig
alfie
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Hoggy_Bear
TwisT
Gregers
Mad for Chelsea
Fists of Fury
skyeman
23 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

India v England 3rd ODI Debate. - Page 9 Empty India v England 3rd ODI Debate.

Post by skyeman Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 9:35

First topic message reminder :

England win the toss and bat, in a must win game, after two big win's for India.
Both teams unchanged.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

India v England 3rd ODI Debate. - Page 9 Empty Re: India v England 3rd ODI Debate.

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 18:00

Swann opening? It can work at county level, never in a million years at international.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

India v England 3rd ODI Debate. - Page 9 Empty Re: India v England 3rd ODI Debate.

Post by mystiroakey Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 18:03

wasnt watson sort of pushed into opening- look at him now- in my opinion the best all rounder out there at odi by far

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 18:54

mystiroakey wrote:wasnt watson sort of pushed into opening- look at him now- in my opinion the best all rounder out there at odi by far

Watson is a FAR better batsman than Swann though.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 18:58

ok yep but my point is sometimes you are forced into decisions that work out very well, watson was never ever seen as an oening bat at the time

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 19:10

swann couldnt open the batting in international cricket, he is nowhere near good enough. When he opened for notts in limited overs cricket, he wasnt great at that role.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 19:20

england have players to be the best - i am sure of that. but we are messing this odi format up so bad.

my first move would be to make swann captain of all limited over stuff- have a hitter and an opener to start, we cant have bell,trott and cook.

bring morgan or kp up to open perhaps, or even try out oakes. i am happy to keep cook and trott , just about-but we need the balance.

or just go all out attck from here on in . our players polay to safe and dont get how to pace an innings as of yet. id rather loose all out than keep losing with plenty of wickets left- its a waste of resource

i realise we were bowled out in the first few games- but i am talking about over the last year or so

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9