The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lewis Without the Defeats

+12
azania
Bob
Colonial Lion
Hawktimeman
skidd1
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
manos de piedra
Scottrf
88Chris05
HumanWindmill
Sugar Boy Sweetie
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lewis Without the Defeats - Page 2 Empty Lewis Without the Defeats

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sorry for the briefness of the article, been a bit tied up today & yesterday.

It's widely regarded that the two defeats on lennox's record came about due to sheer complacency rather being beaten by a better opponent, further highlighted by the fact both losses were avenged - ok McCall was in bizarre fashion but Rahman was as decisive as it gets. How much do those defeats hurt Lennox' legacy in the all tine standings - ie if he'd just done to McCall & Rahman first time what he did to them second time and went undefeated his whole career, how high would you rank him? For me he's a bottom end of the top ten hw's fighter, without the two soft defeats could a top 5 arguement be made?

I know you could make a "what if he didn't lose to so and so" arguement for any fighter, but I think it's especially pertinent to Lewis given it was sheer complacency that cost him, he avenged the defeats and beat every other top fighter of his era.

Opinions?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Lewis Without the Defeats - Page 2 Empty Re: Lewis Without the Defeats

Post by fearlessBamber Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:29 pm

Probably top 5 without the losses, whereas I have him around 11-12 with them.

They show he can be KO'd by single punches from mediocre punchers. Dempsey, Foreman, Tyson, Shavers, Liston and Louis - even Frazier look to have a good chance of chinning him based purely on those losses.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2